Tranmere post match reaction

Badger

w00T

A win's a win, even if it is to bottom of the table Tranmere, but it sounds like we're a better team now Guly has found his feet, Lallana is fit, and Chaplow has joined. Adkins must be loving his job at present.

Bloody brilliant game. Love it love it love it. Missed a couple if sitters towards the end but I don't care

I love you saints right now!!!!

Key points;

Guly was MOTM for me, so glad he's found his feet and found them with style!

Best ive seen lambert play in aaaaaaaggggeees. Lambert is well and truly back!

Lallana... Well, I don't need to say anything

Bloody brilliant game. Love it love it love it. Missed a couple if sitters towards the end but I don't care

I love you saints right now!!!!

It sounded like we got a bit excited and sloppy towards the end, is this a fair comment?

It sounded like we got a bit excited and sloppy towards the end, is this a fair comment?

I think thats true to say but we definately had another goal or two in us. Barnard missed an easy header shot but not surprised as his head won't be with it.

Chaplow also missed a sitter but I think he couldn't quite believe the opportunity he was given (he wont get one of them again!) and being new he ended up fluffing it

Sounded like a good team performance, & seems like Adkins footballing philosophy is paying dividends. Guly is beginning to find his feet, will be interested to see if the rumours are true we've bought, not just loaned him. Also keen to see what those at the game feel about Lamberts performance, is getting back to form? lets hope so. Also hope we can keep the run going next week at Huddesfield, will be a good test for the team & of our aspirations.

Sounded like a good team performance, & seems like Adkins footballing philosophy is paying dividends. Guly is beginning to find his feet, will be interested to see if the rumours are true we've bought, not just loaned him. Also keen to see what those at the game feel about Lamberts performance, is getting back to form? lets hope so. Also hope we can keep the run going next week at Huddesfield, will be a good test for the team & of our aspirations.

Edited my comment above to include comment on lambert ;-)

Only two sides have conceded less than us (Brighton and Sheff Wed) however only 2 sides have scored less than us! So now the defence is sorted and we seem to be making the chances and all we now need is to get the confidence up front right and start hitting the target. I think Adkins rescue plans seem to be going well!

Just 2 points of the play offs now and with a very tight table there is all to play for!

Just looked at the League table. With just 7 points seperating 19 teams, I feel we're hitting form just at the right time. Away to Huddersfield next week, a good result for them today, will be a huge game for us. If we can be fluid and incisive, there's no reason we can't teach them a lesson, and leapfrog them into the play-off spots. Lose and the gap increases.

It's exciting being a Saint at the moment.

Where has the rumour about having bought Guly come from? I thought we loaned him.

Solent said someone close to the club had said we'd signed him.

They said they'd ask Adkins but they seemed to forget. Someone text Solent to remind them.

Very enjoyable game, once we'd taken the lead I didn't feel we'd throw it away. Guly was MOM for me, some of his touches today were pure class. Lambert is finally getting there thankfully, lots of jumping today and it was good to see him getting in the box again and not having to drop to midfield to receive the ball. Thought Barnard did well when he came on, shame Chaplow robbed him of a goal by tapping the ball into the net when it was going in anyway.

Adkins mark is certainly beginning to show now, and things look very promising.

Edited by bpsaint

Just got home, we were much better than just a 2-0 win Guly has shown today what a good player he is and is my MOM our first goal he ran fully 50 yards to win a ball that he had no right to, great header from Lambert. Chaplow had a very good game as well IMO can't see Morgan getting straight back in next week, all in all a great team performance.

I think thats true to say but we definately had another goal or two in us. Barnard missed an easy header shot but not surprised as his head won't be with it.

Chaplow also missed a sitter but I think he couldn't quite believe the opportunity he was given (he wont get one of them again!) and being new he ended up fluffing it

And holmes had a pretty good chance at the end. Could have quite easily been 5 or more today.

What a great performance, I could have watched us play like that all night - we were great.

From the KO we played at a high tempo with quick once touch triangles and players running into clever bits of space, Tranmere didn't have a clue how to handle us.

It's great to see Lambo score from open play, I just had the feeling that his 2 goals last week could kick start him - and it may have done. He was involved alot today but my MOTM goes to Gully - what a player he is. First real look i think anyone has really had, but he's way too good for this league on that showing. His movement and touch were of a higher division and if we can get him playing like that consistently i doubt many teams will be able to contain him - looks a class player. The movement he made to cross for the 2nd goal was brilliant.

Chappers and Hammond in midfield seemed to work well, Hammond has stepped his game up massively, he's playing like a captain now - but it helps to have a midfielder in front of him (chappers) bursting forward and getting into the box. I thought he gave us a completley different dimension.

Defensively we were untroubled, Kelvin could have sat back in an armchair for 90mins if he wanted. He didn't have a single save to make.

Overall it was a pleasure to watch us today and if that's a sign of what's to come then it won't be long before we're top of this league.

Wonder if Guly is actually our player, then?

Rumour has it that saints actually signed him, not just loaned.

Will find out in a bit.

What ********! He is on loan with a view to buy in January, hence why Cesena and Saints said he is on loan. They can't lie about it to the Football League! ffs

Nice to watch, but it was against a very poor Tranmere side. We will have tougher tests, but it was good confidence building stuff.

What i did like was the way the players seemed very together in their celebrations after the goals. NA is building back that team spirit very well and this will help in the winter months.

I could not believe the texts sent into Solent...I know football is a game of opinions but 2 people thought Puncheon and Chaplow were poor!!!

I think we must have some fans who face the stands and not the pitch!

Chaplow had a great game and his addition for me is one missing link at home. No crab like passing between Hammond and Morgan

and we now finally have a midfielder who goes beyond the strikers.

Lambert was 90% better today. Hammond had another good game.

Fonte was awesone and my MOM.

I loved our new tactics of drawing them out at the back keeping it short and nullifies there 5 in midfield and gives us space.

Guly looks the business now...lets see more of that and perhaps the anti-Cortese lot will shut up.

Just got home, we were much better than just a 2-0 win Guly has shown today what a good player he is and is my MOM our first goal he ran fully 50 yards to win a ball that he had no right to, great header from Lambert. Chaplow had a very good game as well IMO can't see Morgan getting straight back in next week, all in all a great team performance.

How we only won by two goals is beyond me... Played them off the park....

Lots of positives today:

Guly looked a class act and his running created both goals.

Lambert, Puncheon. Hammond and Seabourne all improved and more involved.

Lallana makes a real difference. He makes things happen.

Defence rock solid but rarely troubled.

Adkins has actually managed to teach them how to keep playing from the back without playing the "out" ball straight to Lambert.

Barnard looked lively and his touch was better.

Only negative was the relatively easy chances fluffed in the last 10 minutes.

really good team display today everyone excelled, except chaplow who i didn't think had that much impact. while not MOTM, special mention in dispatches for puncheon who worked really hard - clearly better on that side and has a better relationship with butterfield than with harding

also after scoring i thought Lambert came alive... he touch was soooo much better.... shows u what a bit of confidence can do eh....

COYR

That was a great game, really enjoyed it and some of the stuff played was superb. Guly looks really, really promising his movement and running was great as was his touch.

Lambert was so much better it was unbelievable, really causing problems and could/should have had a least one more. Puncheon too had the best game i've seen him play this season, some of his running off the ball caused real problems and it was great to see him finally finding his passes.

One thing that annoyed me all along about this Puncheon bashing is that he's always involved in play, which should really tell you something about his work rate and positioning.

Special mention too for Lallana, what a player and what a game, he tore them to pieces and fully deserved his goal. If he's still not fully fit, as we're led to believe, then he's going to absolutely destroy sides this season when he is.

Admittedly Tranmere where abysmal, they didn't just go for one up front but instead went for one in our half! Even then they couldn't string two passes together and seemed to give up after our second. Mind you we didn't really look to come out of second gear and the amount of chances we created was enough to beat anyone in this league.

Good stuff!

but 2 people thought Puncheon and Chaplow were poor!!!

Probably the miserable arsehole that sits next to me in the Northam, he never sings and just spends his life moaning about Puncheon. I'm starting to think he either has tourettes or maybe Puncheon stole his girlfriend, since he was even slatting him for not crossing it when he sent one of our players clean through on goal.

If you're the person and you're reading this, cheer the **** up you miserable bastard and stop talking ****. You're inane ****** is ruining my enjoyment of games.

Good expansive play by Saints today. Neat passing and good link up play. Looks like Guly is starting to tune in with the rest of the team or it could be the other way around!

Tranmere sat back and let Fonte move forward with the ball every time. Don't think other teams will be that kind in terms of backing off or not coming forward to close him down.

Good support for Barnard and for both goals the players recognised the contribution of the player that got the assist.

One thing that annoyed me all along about this Puncheon bashing is that he's always involved in play, which should really tell you something about his work rate and positioning.

Exactly, and his attitude - doesn't dwell on mistakes and doesn't shirk responsibility.

Sumptuous football, the best that I have seen for a very long time. Chaplow was a vast improvement on Schneiderlin, tidied up well and kept the passes simple. There was only one team in it and we should really have had a couple more goals. Guly was a revelation, lovely touches on the ball and a strong physical presence. Looking forward to the next win!