Kaspars Gorkss - Update: Signs for Reading

Nexstar

........................... Gorkss......................It will be interesting to see if he plays tomorrow night.

Very true. Unused sub on Saturday so the Carling Cup game against Rochdale is just the fixture you'd expect to see him get a run out. The QPR teamsheet should get the

speculation going, either way.

Unless Cortese has a European signing up his sleeve that we know nothing about, lets hope this deal goes through, with Puncheon or without him. I've been impressed by Dan Seaborne in the last few games but he is just too prone to make slips to be a first choice at CB and since the idea is to have a team promoted , whether this year or next, with a lot of players that could cut it in the Prem, I'm not sure about Seaborne long term. Against Millwall I thought Seaborne looked OK but when you see his slip on the highlights, he effectively gave a goal away, only the Millwall player failed to take it. Gorkss has the ambition to do well so our current league position might be just the push he needs to agree to come.

Gorks and a CF could be the difference between a play off place and lower-mid table position. The team is very good at the moment, but unless we are very lucky with injuries and suspensions we will need that extra depth. This should have been sorted unless the plan was always to get the players in late, for a good reason. Lets wait and see this week !

Gorks and a CF could be the difference between a play off place and lower-mid table position. The team is very good at the moment, but unless we are very lucky with injuries and suspensions we will need that extra depth. This should have been sorted unless the plan was always to get the players in late, for a good reason. Lets wait and see this week !

Or it could be the difference between automatic and play offs,depending how the season pans out.

As for the strength in depth issue - often mentioned on here- yes, I follow the argument, but do you think other clubs have greater playing resources available to them in this division ? West Ham aside, I doubt many clubs in the promotion mix will.

Spot on.

Is he right or left-footed, or at least is he comfrotable on the left side? Fonte seems to need a partner who will play on his left.

And does he have pace?

If yes to both of those, sounds like a great signing.

Hes good with the ball, great in the air, very professional but one thing he doesnt have is pace. Thats why hes suited to the NPC sides that usually play a big lump up front but would get destroyed by pace.

Hes good with the ball, great in the air, very professional but one thing he doesnt have is pace. Thats why hes suited to the NPC sides that usually play a big lump up front but would get destroyed by pace.

Any idea about the left side - right side question? Which side does he play on for QPR?

Football_Juice Football Juice

by ChrisSoccerAM

Breaking News: QPR are close to agreeing a deal with Southampton for the sale of Kaspars Gorkss #Transfer #Update

35 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not convinced Gorkss is the answer to be honest, would have preferred to see someone younger with a bit more pace who could have made the step up to the Premiership. Nothing against Gorkss and he sounds like he'll be good this season, but a bit ominous that QPR don't see him as cutting it in the big league which may mean he needs replacing should we get there. Would have preferred Killgallon if I'm honest.

Not convinced Gorkss is the answer to be honest, would have preferred to see someone younger with a bit more pace who could have made the step up to the Premiership. Nothing against Gorkss and he sounds like he'll be good this season, but a bit ominous that QPR don't see him as cutting it in the big league which may mean he needs replacing should we get there. Would have preferred Killgallon if I'm honest.

Have to say, I'm astounded that you would say that.

Have to say, I'm astounded that you would say that.

Why? Killgallon is younger, and has played a number of games in the Premier League. He was at one time attracting the attention of some bigger clubs than Sunderland. You don't lose that kind of quality and he seems to have been unlucky to have fallen out of favour with Bruce.

Gorkss is now way down the pecking order at a side which is going to struggle next season and seems to me to be a bit of a stop gap who won't make the step up next season if the past is anything to go by.

To be honest when we/if we get to the PL most of the squad will have to change if we are to stay there. I think we should be more concerned with getting there first. Then once we are there then we can think about how to stay there. Gorkss would be a player who would make our team better and thus making our promotion chances a bit better.

To be honest when we/if we get to the PL most of the squad will have to change if we are to stay there. I think we should be more concerned with getting there first. Then once we are there then we can think about how to stay there. Gorkss would be a player who would make our team better and thus making our promotion chances a bit better.

Agree with you there. Wasn't getting ahead of myself just saying that I reckon Kilgallon might be a better investment long term as he has proved himself to a certain extent in the Prem.

why? he is entitled to his opinion

Did I suggest otherwise? It's just that Kilgallon has had an underwhelming last year. Was hardly played at Boro, hardly played at Doncaster too. Gorkss played a huge number of games last year for a team that were easily promoted as champions with a great defence and the majority of QPR fans don't want to lose him.

I don't see Kilgallon being first choice in the prem but really Gorkss sounds like a cracking signing and would be exactly what we need considering we already have the potential option with Martin.

Agree with you there. Wasn't getting ahead of myself just saying that I reckon Kilgallon might be a better investment long term as he has proved himself to a certain extent in the Prem.

Has he though? It seems he was farmed out by Sunderland as he couldn't hack it in the prem.

Did I suggest otherwise? It's just that Kilgallon has had an underwhelming last year. Was hardly played at Boro, hardly played at Doncaster too. Gorkss played a huge number of games last year for a team that were easily promoted as champions with a great defence and the majority of QPR fans don't want to lose him.

I don't see Kilgallon being first choice in the prem but really Gorkss sounds like a cracking signing and would be exactly what we need considering we already have the potential option with Martin.

yes, you did. By saying that you were astounded!

I was astounded that he would think that because I totally disagree. At no point did I say he wasn't entitled to that opinion, unless you misunderstand the definition of astounded?

again, his opinion. To say you were "astounded" because he thought Killagon was a better player was a slightly strong use of the word that I know full well the definition of.

Why? Killgallon is younger, and has played a number of games in the Premier League. He was at one time attracting the attention of some bigger clubs than Sunderland. You don't lose that kind of quality and he seems to have been unlucky to have fallen out of favour with Bruce.

Gorkss is now way down the pecking order at a side which is going to struggle next season and seems to me to be a bit of a stop gap who won't make the step up next season if the past is anything to go by.

Look at it another way. Last two seasons we have bought players who could do a job in the prem but also ones who can provide quality in league one but not necessarily the league above (Jaidi). For me, Gorkss would be our Jaidi type signing, proven quality in this league and exactly what we need right now with a question mark should we get promoted.

Has he though? It seems he was farmed out by Sunderland as he couldn't hack it in the prem.

Well he has more Premiership appearances under his belt than Gorkss who is being sold as not deemed good enough. I agree with you that he seems to have gone off the boil recently but as we all know form is temporary, class is permanent. If we could get Killgallon performing to the level he is capable (when Newcastle etc were interested) then we have a bargain on our hands who is young, and could potentially develop a partnership with Fonte which could last into the Premiership. Admittedly its a gamble but as I said I think he is a more long term option than Gorkss who may need replacing should we make the step up.

again, his opinion. To say you were "astounded" because he thought Killagon was a better player was a slightly strong use of the word that I know full well the definition of.

In your opinion. Unless you are saying that I am not allowed to be astounded. This is getting silly now. I was astounded that he felt Kilgallon would be the better option for us but have at no point have I said that he is not allowed that opinion. You are seeing things that are not there and taking this thread off topic.

In your opinion. Unless you are saying that I am not allowed to be astounded. This is getting silly now. I was astounded that he felt Kilgallon would be the better option for us but have at no point have I said that he is not allowed that opinion. You are seeing things that are not there and taking this thread off topic.

Would like to know why you were so astounded at his preference of player. Dnt lecture me on taking threads of topic, you do it for a living!

Well he has more Premiership appearances under his belt than Gorkss who is being sold as not deemed good enough. I agree with you that he seems to have gone off the boil recently but as we all know form is temporary, class is permanent. If we could get Killgallon performing to the level he is capable (when Newcastle etc were interested) then we have a bargain on our hands who is young, and could potentially develop a partnership with Fonte which could last into the Premiership. Admittedly its a gamble but as I said I think he is a more long term option than Gorkss who may need replacing should we make the step up.

That's a fair comment but I would prefer to go for the recent proven success this year. If the Kilgallon gamble didn't pay off then we could be left to really regret it.

Would like to know why you were so astounded at his preference of player. Dnt lecture me on taking threads of topic, you do it for a living!

I've explained in numerous replies above. The original poster has tried to explain his view to be and doesn't seem remotely 'offended' by it. Perhaps you could give your views about who you feel would be the better option rather than continuing with this silliness. I'm sure everyone else would prefer that (I know I would.)

Lads, lets get this back on topic now. It doesn't really matter that I would prefer Kilgallon and hypo would prefer Gorkss its all a matter of opinion.

I know it doesn't. Thanks for replying in a sensible manner. I can certainly see your point of view even if we differ slightly but that's what this forum is all about rather than wetties like Mike quibbling over the use of a word and take mock offence on someone elses behalf.

I know it doesn't. Thanks for replying in a sensible manner. I can certainly see your point of view even if we differ slightly but that's what this forum is all about rather than wetties like Mike quibbling over the use of a word and take mock offence on someone elses behalf.

wind your neck in!

I've explained in numerous replies above. The original poster has tried to explain his view to be and doesn't seem remotely 'offended' by it. Perhaps you could give your views about who you feel would be the better option rather than continuing with this silliness. I'm sure everyone else would prefer that (I know I would.)

already have, I said that I dont know alot about either player but trust NA to do right