Kaspars Gorkss - Update: Signs for Reading

Nexstar

NC will be putting the best deal on the table! The best deal for the club primarily, hoping that the player also thinks it is the best deal for them! If they don't then move along to the next one. simples ;)

I think you are a 16 year old girl.

Oh the irony.

YOu just dont get it do you. The point is that these players didn't join Pompey because they always dreamed of playing for them, or they felt they could become world greats by training on Eastleigh playing fields, it's because the deal offered was the best deal on the table.

The point is that players will go where the cash is, this has been proven time and time again. You had a pop at Saint Richmond for stating the bleeding obvious, if you want better players you have to pay for them. Of course in your silly little world you wont understand this.

Cork's interview today on Soccer Saturday was pretty revealing.

Conceded that a major reason why he took his time to sign for us was that he wanted to see who would bid for him and amongst those clubs which one had the best chance of challenging for promotion. Basically talked about it being a gamble because its hard to tell who's going to challenge and who's going to struggle. Obviously, money matters but for players like Cork (and AL) the real carrot is the prospect of career progression and premiership football.

Ok so stop being a tw*nk and get back to Gorkss!

Is he on his way, what ya reckon?

I've never actually seen the lad play and probably like a lot of people on here, never heard of him until we were linked with him. If what people say about him is true then it will be a great signing and apparantly a done deal. What about you sweetheart? Do you think he is coming? Is he good looking? Got nice thighs? What's his hair like?

Conceded that a major reason why he took his time to sign for us was that he wanted to see who would bid for him and amongst those clubs which one had the best chance of challenging for promotion. Basically talked about it being a gamble because its hard to tell who's going to challenge and who's going to struggle. Obviously, money matters but for players like Cork (and AL) the real carrot is the prospect of career progression and premiership football.

Cork and AL seem to be exceptions to the norm. Cork clearly said earlier in the summer he just wants to play football, hence why he is leaving Chelsea. Compare that attitude with that of the majority and it's a money oriented industry where players will turn there back on the clubs they kiss the badge of one week for an extra £5k a week somewhere else. I am delighted with Corks signing, not only is he a good player but he also seems like a good guy who is here for the right reasons.

Players interviewed on TV are hardly likely to say "I sat it out until I was happy with the dough they were offering me, Brian".

Players interviewed on TV are hardly likely to say "I sat it out until I was happy with the dough they were offering me, Brian".

Nope they're not - but it was a candid interview. It wasn't the standard 'its a great club with a great fanbase. When i heard of the interest in me, I jumped at the opportunity to join' boll*cks. He basically said that he took his time and it was a nip and tuck decision influenced by how well he thought each of the teams interested in him would fare this season.

Exactly why Billy Sharp would have been bad news IMO: "The deal wasn't right for me" etc. i.e. Sharp and his agent just wanted cash up front without proving anything. Far prefer players who want to join for the right reasons.

I've never actually seen the lad play and probably like a lot of people on here, never heard of him until we were linked with him. If what people say about him is true then it will be a great signing and apparantly a done deal. What about you sweetheart? Do you think he is coming? Is he good looking? Got nice thighs? What's his hair like?

I would have thought that that was your department!!!!

A few did look leaner, also Richardson appears to have bulked up a bit, looked very muscular. I'd quite like to see him with his shirt off.

If you're talking about the guy who they said was Cortese by mistake, I'm pretty sure it was NOT him. He looked too young to be Gorkss IMO.

Think you're right actually, now I've looked at some more photos of Gorkss.

This guy looks not dissimilar and is younger and we've been linked with him earlier in pre-season...

http://www.krcgenk.be/nl/a-kern/spelers/vossen/463

Think you're right actually, now I've looked at some more photos of Gorkss.

This guy looks not dissimilar and is younger and we've been linked with him earlier in pre-season...

http://www.krcgenk.be/nl/a-kern/spelers/vossen/463

That might be something of a coup, if we signed him although it seems unlikely that he would end up in the NPC ahead of a potential European 2012 finals for Belgium.

In any event, I doubt he'd want to wear the No5 shirt

That might be something of a coup, if we signed him although it seems unlikely that he would end up in the NPC ahead of a potential European 2012 finals for Belgium.

In any event, I doubt he'd want to wear the No5 shirt

Bit of a mystery IMHO

SFC left No 5 available because (IMHO), they had lined up a "Class" CB

I'm not convinced it was Jemal, because, any research would have uncovered the fact he is a bit of a "loose cannon" etc

We still await the No 5 shirt to be filled, and it's not like Cortese to make serious errors

So, has anyone have any update thoughts on our vacant space shirt ???

Daily Fail. That is genius!!

Just one question though. Despite your quite brilliant play on worda humour; why are you posting a link from a paper you clearly don't like or believe?

Mr. Cortese (I know you read this board - nudge nudge wink wink ;-); phone up the QPR chairman on monday morning & tell him why don't you both stop fookin around & do a straight swap - Puncheon for Casper?

They want a million for him. You want a million for our little tozzer. Deal done!

Pull your finger out Mr. Cortese . . . sir.

They clearly didn't miss him....erm.....

They'll be falling over themselves to get rid of their best defender from last season after todays result!!

Wake up call to the theoretically one of the richest clubs in the country ..... show me the money or you'll be going down with even less points than the skates FFS

I know 2 QPR fans who think he's their best centre-back

Been told the same as well, they're baffled they're trying to sell him.

Apparently he's the perfect partner for Fonte too, comfortable on either side of defense and throws his body on the line, wins 90% of the headers and does all the dirty work etc. So a younger Jaidi in that respect.

Their loss is our gain..hopefully.

Been told the same as well, they're baffled they're trying to sell him.

Apparently he's the perfect partner for Fonte too, comfortable on either side of defense and throws his body on the line, wins 90% of the headers and does all the dirty work etc. So a younger Jaidi in that respect.

Their loss is our gain..hopefully.

Yeah, agree. I posted this a little while after the news broke about Gorkss - This is what one of my QPR supporting mates (went to every game last season) said about him:-

"Onto Kaspers Gorkss, got to say he's one of our most consistent players. I'm gobsmacked Warnock has offered him in exchange, it seems extremely odd. He had about 6 games last season where he was dreadful, but that little spell aside he was fantastic. I might be wrong, but I'm fairly confident he made more appearances than any other defender. He was runner up in our player of the year in Warnock’s first season in charge, he even took him with the first team to Italy on Monday… All the more odd when he left other centre backs out of the tour. Ramage & ****tu didn’t travel, so if anything I would have thought that either of those two would have been the first out the door?

Gorkss as a player has just one weakness – pace. If he had that he would have been an established Premiership defender a long time ago. It does let him down sometimes, but there are so many great qualities to him. He will throw himself in front of anything, he’s not as mobile but he’s like John Terry in that sense. He is great in the air, chips in with the odd goal too. His distribution is okay, likes to knock it around a bit… and has a fantastic attitude! I actually managed to watch a game at Loftus Road in a box with him, he’s one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet.

If it was anyone else with his ability I would put it down to them falling out with Warnock, but I can’t see it being the case with Gorkss. Like I said though, fantastic professional, top player and would be a huge loss to us.

You would definitely be getting the better deal in my opinion, you take one of our best defenders and give us one of your rejects. I bet Adkins will tear both Warnocks arms off to get this deal completed."

Forget the transfer speculation, Gorkss is/was not in QPR's plans for this season

So, he must be slow/lost some pace/ etc etc

I don't think he is the best CB we could get IMHO

That's right, in the 3 months since the end of last season he had gone from being one of the best centre halves in the championship playing for the team that walked the division to a slow, over the hill carthorse not good enough for a team just promoted from league one.

Unless Cortese has a European signing up his sleeve that we know nothing about, lets hope this deal goes through, with Puncheon or without him. I've been impressed by Dan Seaborne in the last few games but he is just too prone to make slips to be a first choice at CB and since the idea is to have a team promoted , whether this year or next, with a lot of players that could cut it in the Prem, I'm not sure about Seaborne long term. Against Millwall I thought Seaborne looked OK but when you see his slip on the highlights, he effectively gave a goal away, only the Millwall player failed to take it. Gorkss has the ambition to do well so our current league position might be just the push he needs to agree to come.

I hope JP isnt part of the deal, were looking at Joe Cole and Bentley since the takeover so Id want a cash deal.

I feel sorry for Gorkss, was at Blackpool and sold just before they got promoted, went to QPR and we get rid before he plays in the prem.

It will be interesting to see if he plays tomorrow night.