Kaspars Gorkss - Update: Signs for Reading

Nexstar

Sorry,that has gone way above my head.

What i am referring too is the source that has been quoted.

I think I may have misunderstood what you meant, but still fourth_official tweeted just afterwards something similar that suggested that we are on the verge of making some big bids...

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Leicester City are also concerned Southampton may rock the boat on a few of the deals they are lining up as they look to spend big #Saints

"Gorkks to Southampton deal is off. However qpr will put in a cash offer for puncheon."

I know it's only footballrumours.com, but this does ring true, unfortunately. I hope the offer is big enough to be accepted.

So who do we look to now to bolster our defence?

kilgallon? another left sided cb...

"Gorkks to Southampton deal is off. However qpr will put in a cash offer for puncheon."

I know it's only footballrumours.com, but this does ring true, unfortunately. I hope the offer is big enough to be accepted.

So who do we look to now to bolster our defence?

It doesn't ring true, it's just someone posting crap on a crap website. It's just some idiot going "oh look Gorkss hasn't signed, therefore the deal is off".

It's up to you whether you believed the rumour in the first place, but don't change your mind based on that bull plop.

It doesn't ring true, it's just someone posting crap on a crap website. It's just some idiot going "oh look Gorkss hasn't signed, therefore the deal is off".

It's up to you whether you believed the rumour in the first place, but don't change your mind based on that bull plop.

It just fits with the Solent Sport Tweet. Sad if true.

Yeah.... a real shame, considering you know f u ck all !!??

WTF are you talking about? Where did I claim to know anything? I'm simply commenting on the reports by Solent and various newspaper reports that talks broke down between the players and the clubs for whatever reason. It's a shame.

But in fairness could easily have been created following the Solent tweet. Doesn't look like we are getting him though and that's a real shame that both our targets couldn't agree terms with us.

You mean with Cortese ....

A trend already

Being Frugal is one thing, but IF Cortese's aims really are to get to the Prem, IMHO, he should rethink his method(s) to get QUALITY players to sign .... everybody in Football knows you have to pay over the odds to get "Gems" as opposed to "paste"

A trend already

Being Frugal is one thing, but IF Cortese's aims really are to get to the Prem, IMHO, he should rethink his method(s) to get QUALITY players to sign .... everybody in Football knows you have to pay over the odds to get "Gems" as opposed to "paste"

I take it you think we paid over the odds for Cork then?

I take it you think we paid over the odds for Cork then?

Did I mention Cork ?? .... No

Was I talking about Cork ??? ... No

I mentioned on an earlier post that I wondered whether Gorkss would want to say goodbye to his (QPR) Prem wages

I'm concerned about the (allegedly) Two players that we have "Lost" due to contract negotiation problems, which, IMHO, involved a "gap" between what the player(s) wanted, and what SFC were prepared to pay

I repeat, if ANY Club wants to get the best players, then they have to be prepared to pay that little bit more as and when the situation arise

I wouldn't blame Gorkss, if he does turn us down to fight for his place at QPR. He's been the mainstay of a side promoted to the Prem, spent all summer looking forward to playing in the Prem and then, just before the season starts, he's offered up as the makeweight in a deal which would take him back to the Champ. He's probably a bit gutted at being dumped like this. If this had happened in June, say, then this might have gone through more smoothly IMO.

A trend already

4 things:

1. We don't know if the lad has turned us down.

2. If he has we don't know why. It may be wages or that wants a chance to play in the prem or that his family are settled or something else.

3. If it is wages, I for one do not want our club giving in to agents and players over wage demand.

4. I want players who want to play for the club and respect a wage structure. The togetherness that seems to run through the club will soon go if someone comes in and earns double that of the next highest.

I mentioned on an earlier post that I wondered whether Gorkss would want to say goodbye to his (QPR) Prem wages

I'm concerned about the (allegedly) Two players that we have "Lost" due to contract negotiation problems, which, IMHO, involved a "gap" between what the player(s) wanted, and what SFC were prepared to pay

I repeat, if ANY Club wants to get the best players, then they have to be prepared to pay that little bit more as and when the situation arise

Maybe best you don't make generalised statements eh? "everybody in Football knows you have to pay over the odds to get "Gems" as opposed to "paste".

The best players are not necessarily the right players! especially if they want more than you can afford or want to pay!

If we all took on board your reasoning we'd all be in bigger houses with bigger cars and a much smaller bank account. I know what i'm more comfortable with!

Poster on not606 just posted to say he's heard Gorkss was at SMS until 5pm & a deal was agreed & we're just waiting on Punch 2 agree with QPR before an announcement is made. Prob BS but you never know. Saints QPR correspondent over & out!

Interesting, Solent are usually pretty much bang-on when they make statements like they did though. Maybe he was there till 5pm, and backtracked late in the evening and decided it wasn't for him? Would be surprised, but delighted, if it happens now.

Maybe best you don't make generalised statements eh? "everybody in Football knows you have to pay over the odds to get "Gems" as opposed to "paste".

The best players are not necessarily the right players! especially if they want more than you can afford or want to pay!

If we all took on board your reasoning we'd all be in bigger houses with bigger cars and a much smaller bank account. I know what i'm more comfortable with!

You talk a lot of nonsense.

Players will go to clubs that pay the best wages. This has been proven time after time after time. Do you think £80k a week John Utaka, Sol Campbell, Defoe etc etc were all at Pompey because they had always dreamed of playing for them or because it was the best deal on the table at the time?

IF you want premier league players you have to pay premier league prices. Everyone with any amount of common sense knows this, except for people like you with your silly, naive little views.

A trend already

So what is it a trend with Cortese already or is it just allegedly?

I could say that the players were asking for 80k a week, the truth is i/we dont know, Would YOU expect us to pay that?

You talk a lot of nonsense.

Players will go to clubs that pay the best wages. This has been proven time after time after time. Do you think £80k a week John Utaka, Sol Campbell, Defoe etc etc were all at Pompey because they had always dreamed of playing for them or because it was the best deal on the table at the time?

IF you want premier league players you have to pay premier league prices. Everyone with any amount of common sense knows this, except for people like you with your silly, naive little views.

ROFL yeah, 80k a week Utaka is a real good example of how not to do business! And p*mpey a prime example of a club paying more than they could afford! Not too intelligent are we Turkey.

If you hadn't noticed we aren't in the Prem league yet, it's somewhere we hope to be next season. So there is no need to go out paying Prem league wages! Unless of course you want to start paying Prem league prices just yet?

NO.....thought not. ;)

ROFL yeah, 80k a week Utaka is a real good example of how not to do business! And p*mpey a prime example of a club paying more than they could afford! Not too intelligent are we Turkey.

If you hadn't noticed we aren't in the Prem league yet, it's somewhere we hope to be next season. So there is no need to go out paying Prem league wages! Unless of course you want to start paying Prem league prices just yet?

NO.....thought not. ;)

Oh the irony.

YOu just dont get it do you. The point is that these players didn't join Pompey because they always dreamed of playing for them, or they felt they could become world greats by training on Eastleigh playing fields, it's because the deal offered was the best deal on the table.

The point is that players will go where the cash is, this has been proven time and time again. You had a pop at Saint Richmond for stating the bleeding obvious, if you want better players you have to pay for them. Of course in your silly little world you wont understand this.

Oh the irony.

YOu just dont get it do you. The point is that these players didn't join Pompey because they always dreamed of playing for them, or they felt they could become world greats by training on Eastleigh playing fields, it's because the deal offered was the best deal on the table.

The point is that players will go where the cash is, this has been proven time and time again. You had a pop at Saint Richmond for stating the bleeding obvious, if you want better players you have to pay for them. Of course in your silly little world you wont understand this.

NC will be putting the best deal on the table! The best deal for the club primarily, hoping that the player also thinks it is the best deal for them! If they don't then move along to the next one. simples ;)