Kaspars Gorkss - Update: Signs for Reading

Nexstar

Have to say, Lambert looks very thin, hope it bodes well for a 30+ season!

He may look thinner, but he certainly doesn't look agile, pacy or energetic, based on his appearance against West Brom.

Richardson looks slimmer and more muscular, as well as sharper and more creative. And while I'm on the subject, Guly looks like he's been working on his shoulders - or maybe it's just the new shirts...

He may look thinner, but he certainly doesn't look agile, pacy or energetic, based on his appearance against West Brom.

Richardson looks slimmer and more muscular, as well as sharper and more creative. And while I'm on the subject, Guly looks like he's been working on his shoulders - or maybe it's just the new shirts...

Is it just me that is slightly concearned at the attention you are paying to our players bodies, or is your wife worried as well?

In regards to guly, I think I remember pardew saying he needed beefing up in as many words when he signed for us on loan. Said he was a bit light weight for English football. Perhaps Adkins saw the same. Oxo has definitely got bigger but that's probably just due to age. Need a strong squad for this league, another big CB and we'll be strong enough I think and have the class to compete very well. Nothing less than a draw on sat will be a good start for me.

Up the saints!!

I think that he came in when Pardew was here - against his wishes if rumour is correct - but he didn`t play him much.

Yes, he did. In fact I think he played part of the match away at Bristol Rovers which was Pardew's last game.

Back to Gorkss though, what is the deadline for a player signing to play tomorrow, is it midday today ?

Yes, he did. In fact I think he played part of the match away at Bristol Rovers which was Pardew's last game.

Back to Gorkss though, what is the deadline for a player signing to play tomorrow, is it midday today ?

Irrelevant. If we signed anyone this week I doubt they'd have anything more than 5 minutes at the end. The first choice partnership of Fonte / Jaidi is what will start on Saturday.

QPR mate thinks he would be a v.decent signing - probably was on the top of his game last season.

Slight worry is that he isn't the quickest, though he does read the game well.

Still its probably easy to overstate all the talk about the NPC being full of pace. Remember the likes of Claus looking like a world beater when he dropped down -and by then he was well into his 30s. Perry also didnt look out of his depth with us, at least at the beginning.

Irrelevant. If we signed anyone this week I doubt they'd have anything more than 5 minutes at the end. The first choice partnership of Fonte / Jaidi is what will start on Saturday.

Have you seen Jaidi play this season? My gran is more athletic, and faster in movement and foresight than him, and she's been dead for 35 years.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109509

Fella on this QPR website says Puncheon will theirs by Monday & Gorkss is staying there too. Interesting to see if this pans out...

I think he's speaking a load of rubbish personally.

Cortese and the club value Puncheon at over £1m, that's why it's been incredibly hard to get clubs to take him on. He will only leave for less than that if for e.g it's a swap deal, i.e the Gorrks transfer.

That guy is saying that Gorrks is staying and they're getting Puncheon for ''far less than £1m'' - there isn't a chance in hell. It's either £1m +, or 400/500k and Gorrks.

Even if we missed out on both there's a huge role to be played by the Premier League's 25-man squad limit and with loans and loan-to-buy players yet to come.

Though I have to say I'd rather we signed someone who will improve our squad on a permanent deal than one who might come along on a short term basis, at least at this stage of the (pre-)season.

Where has it been stated we're only going to get rid of Puncheon for over 1m ?!

Not been quoted anywhere, but I've been told by someone who I trust and who's got their ear close to the ground. (not connected with our club, but within football and the media)

Closer to the window you'll see lots of clubs drop valuations though, including us. So I hope we make the best out of this situation now...

Edited by S-Clarke

I wonder why he wasn't involved tonight then. Maybe he was here for talks today but has decided against the move?

Possibly.

In a way you can understand him, he's worked all his career to get into the premiership - if I was him i'd want to try and give it a crack, he might never get another chance. I think he'd have wanted a massive wedge to drop down again.

So QPR are trying to set up swap deals with players without asking the player they want to swap if they are happy to go along with it? Sounds about right given the fools running the show up there.

Can't blame Gorkss for wanting to stay since he played a major role in getting them up.

FootballAgent46 Football Agent

Southampton going to be my tip for promotion from Championship. Jungle drums tell me massive bid been thrown in by them for more players

I would not put much creedance into what this 'agent' says

Fourth_official has his finger on the pulse.

Edited by saint lard