Kaspars Gorkss - Update: Signs for Reading

Nexstar

Gorkks for me. Experience over potential on this occassion. 29 isnt even that old for a defender.

Yeah that's my thoughts too and one of the reasons we went for Jaidi. You need experience at CB with a potential option to ease in slowly (which we have with Martin and Seaborne to a lesser extent.)

It seems to me that both Gorkss and Kilgallon are being let go due to their respective managers thinking they have better options of players at their clubs. Whether this means neither is good enough for the prem is another debate. What matters is which would be best for Saints here and now. And the following is where I would lay my hat.....

Kilgallon had an underwhelming last year. Was hardly played at Boro, hardly played at Doncaster too. Gorkss played a huge number of games last year for a team that were easily promoted as champions with a great defence and the majority of QPR fans don't want to lose him. Gorkss sounds like a cracking signing and would be exactly what we need considering we already have the potential option with Martin.

Gorkss gets my vote.

Football_Juice Football Juice

by ChrisSoccerAM

Breaking News: QPR are close to agreeing a deal with Southampton for the sale of Kaspars Gorkss #Transfer #Update

35 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

and ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? You look very foolish !

Any idea about the left side - right side question? Which side does he play on for QPR?

Plays on the left side for sure, think he also plays the right side too. Someone also posted that he can play LB as he plays there for latvia, no idea if thats true.

Plays on the left side for sure, think he also plays the right side too. Someone also posted that he can play LB as he plays there for latvia, no idea if thats true.

I like that, a reply that rhymes.

While your here, I'm thinking of driving over tomorrow night to watch the Rochdale game (I'm working in Southall). What is there in the way of parking near the ground?

I like that, a reply that rhymes.

While your here, I'm thinking of driving over tomorrow night to watch the Rochdale game (I'm working in Southall). What is there in the way of parking near the ground?

You can park right in Loftus Road, we always do.

Dont park the other side of the ground near SA road as thats closed so you wont get out.

Looks like hes going somewhere, hes not even on the bench tonight despite a very week team. 12 new players have been bought into the squad and Gorkss isnt one of them.

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice.....maybe he is on his way to us and things are nearing a conclusion? Thanks for the info Flyer.

Looks like hes going somewhere, hes not even on the bench tonight despite a very week team. 12 new players have been bought into the squad and Gorkss isnt one of them.

Would have to agree with that assessment, seems strange that he's gone from mainstay of their promotion winning defence to not even getting on the bench for the Carling Cup 2nd round. Be more than happy if he joined us.

Official Statement from Kaspars Gorkšs I have received to my pm.

He said that his transfer to Saints was almost done, but at the last minute of a deal it has fallen through, due to other defensive options found by NC. He is very upset with the outcome because he has alrady enjoyed few days in the city and the training ground and he has found the appartment already. In addition to that I was in contact with him and promoting the club so much, he was almost there. He added that our Chairman is very interesting and commited person.

Apart from that, he said he is due to sign for another Championship club, so we will see what have we missed out!!!!!

I doubt that the lad from Bristol City is better than Gorkšs so guess that NC has made a big mistake. But it is his own decision!!!

He said that his transfer to Saints was almost done, but at the last minute of a deal it has fallen through, due to other defensive options found by NC.

Only me worried by this? Surely it should be Adkins finding the options, not the Chairman.

Very disappointing if Reading get Gorkss due to us pulling out at the last minute.

Only me worried by this? Surely it should be Adkins finding the options, not the Chairman.

Very disappointing if Reading get Gorkss due to us pulling out at the last minute.

I think it's possibly a bit lost in translation there. Probably a case of NA asking NC to go for another defensive target, rather than Gorrks.

Who knows, it may not even be fontaine...who by the way, is a very good player.

I'd imagine we are looking to bring someone in who can cut it in the prem? We don't know who we are bringing in either.

We shall see but not encouraged at all by the Rumoured names. If we are turning down proven quality like gorkss then I hope it is worth it.

We did the same with ward and seaborne and it was a decision we have regretted in all honesty.

You cant really say that until you know who we sign instead. Maybe the Jemal deal is back on, who knows.

Exactly, there'll be a loads of names swilling around in the sea of players looking to move and trying to 2nd guess what comes out of the mix is nigh on impossible I would suggest. We'll know f'sure when it's on the OS - I reckon we'll know by the end of this week...just a guess mind.

You cant really say that until you know who we sign instead. Maybe the Jemal deal is back on, who knows.

It was posed as a question. It is potentially a mistake unless we have someone who wants to come here and who is better than gorkss. Fair play if we have managed to find someone. IMO we don't need potential in that position, we need proven experience for cb because mistakes can be so costly

Indeed' date=' so perhaps somebody who we previously thought was unattainable has now become available?[/quote']

Getting near the time PL teams have to name their 25 man squads, perhaps a player Adkins really rates has found out that they have not been included in his club's squad this season?

Main thing is that whoever comes in is given a chance by the fans even if we don't think the guy NA goes for is as good.

Very disappointed. First mistake of the transfer window?

tbf Gorkss would have been great for us ''now'', but doesn't fit in with the kind of players we're signing these days. I.E 25 and younger, talented, hungry, potential to cut it in the prem etc.

This was probably the deal we had sorted out before Oxy was sold, I remember being told it was done and dusted with the player agreeing to join us once the other team get a replacement.

IMHO we probably pulled out of this deal 3 odd weeks ago after we sold Oxy knowing a better option is available to us now we have the money.

Who is this guy?

I honestly don't see it being Fontaine as that is agent talk, our man (whoever it is) will come in as a great surprise to us all and should take us to the next level as that makes more sense.

This was probably the deal we had sorted out before Oxy was sold, I remember being told it was done and dusted with the player agreeing to join us once the other team get a replacement.

IMHO we probably pulled out of this deal 3 odd weeks ago after we sold Oxy knowing a better option is available to us now we have the money.

Who is this guy?

I honestly don't see it being Fontaine as that is agent talk, our man (whoever it is) will come in as a great surprise to us all and should take us to the next level as that makes more sense.

Now you mention agent talk, I remember reading somewhere that Fontaine only had a year left on his contract

Who is this guy?

Hope you are right although the latest posts on the Fontaine thread suggest this deal is moving forward. Personally, I think it is a mistake to miss out on Gorkss who meets all the criteria for a CB to go alongside Fonte.

I hope we can do better than Fontaine.

Hope you are right although the latest posts on the Fontaine thread suggest this deal is moving forward. Personally, I think it is a mistake to miss out on Gorkss who meets all the criteria for a CB to go alongside Fonte.

I hope we can do better than Fontaine.

Disagree - He is not quick enough for the type of game we are evolving