Kaspars Gorkss - Update: Signs for Reading

Nexstar

Solent tweeted a couple of weeks ago that Gorkss rejected our offer as he wanted to stay at QPR and fight for his place. Understandable on his part, given that he worked hard to get to the Prem. Maybe he changed his mind, but NA/NC are doubting his commitment and have found somebody (Fontaine?) who really wants a seat on the bus, appears more hungry, etc...

Obviously all based on rumour and conjecture and no facts whatsoever. No idea myself which player is better for us, but thankfully I don't have to make the decision!

My excuse is I work nights 4 times a week and my body won't let me sleep more than 2 hours at the times, I'm constantly tired!

would have

would have

and would have ;)

Sorry Pilchards, but you must write 100 times "2 hours at a time" (and you only wrote "would have" 3 times, so please complete that also - all within a 3 post limit).

HTH

I'd imagine we are looking to bring someone in who can cut it in the prem? We don't know who we are bringing in either.

What worries me is Fontaine had an ankle operation in March and in this season's first game was subsituted after problems with the same ankle.

Personally speaking I feel the Latvian to have a better pedigree having played for a promotion winning side in QPR.

Getting Ward in would have meant there was no need to buy a CB now. It would have been the better deal and was clearly the way to go.

Crikey, you should be the manager of a professional football team Hypo ... and chairman as well for that matter ;-)

We know he failed it but BCFC are saying he turned us down to get the fans back on his side.

Actually they aren't. BCFC aren't giving any reason as to why the transfer didn't go through, it's all very non-committal, they just say "he proposed move will not go through".

Which I think we can safely assume means he failed the medical!

Because I just read the Bristol OS and the way it was written it appeared to be that way.

Did you expect them to state ... "we wanted to get rid because 90% think he is crap but unfortunately he failed his medical..bugger we nearly made double the money we wanted for him from those Saints mugs?"

oh well...cant sign everyone

at the moment ....we can't sign ANYONE...Dell days!

I was just mentally going through a list of " non-signings " that have been rumoured in the last few weeks.

No Sharp, No JayRod, No Maynard ... or Lucas J. There seems to be no Waghorn " offer " from Saints although Svennis has publicly stated that he will let him go ...the Bendtner thread was just a lot of fresh air ...

The deal over the Swiss-based Tunsian didn't happen, neither did Gorkyss ..thankfully the Fontaine deal has been ditched !

..never sign an injured player ..not permanently anyway...

I'm not worried as I'm sure we'll sign " SOMEONE ", but it's a total mystery as our " we're going to sign (him) list has totally disappeared....

Hmmmm, unsure about this one... something smells a bit fishy.

I presumed there was an issue with him not wanting to drop down a division which is fair enough but then to see he has signed for Reading is a bit upsetting?!

He stated that he joined Reading because he thinks he has a good chance of returning to the Prem with them, does he not think this is possible with us? Now, considering we are top of the league and unbeaten I find this hard to believe. Im sure if we were in for him we would have sold him 'the vision' of the club.

So, that to me smacks of 2 things:

1) We were simply never in for him (which would be an oversight on our part if the case as he looks like the kind of defender we need!)

or

2) Reading have exceeded what we were willing to pay for him.

In NA & NC I trust but come on guys, you want quality, you have to pay for it sometimes and we are not going to attract the kind of player we need to get that final push to the Premiership if we are offering peanuts.

I'm wondering if the excellent start has hindered our transfer activity in anyway. I hope to hell someone hasnt seen the 4 games we have won and thought "I dont need to invest any money in this, it will be fine as it is..."

I echo what a few others have said in regards to the Fontaine deal falling through. To hear some of their fans say they would drive him down here themselves for £400k and then to offer double this was a little worrying. I am not saying I would have got on the players back had he signed, but to me it seemed like a desperation signing. I would rather we played Seabourne or Martin there than spend money willy nilly for the sake of it.

I sure hope that NA & NC have a few surprises to pull out of their sleeves before deadline day which will put a smile on our faces because I still think we are 2 or 3 quality players away from really competiting for the whole season. A striker and a CB as everyone knows is what we need.

Hmmmm, unsure about this one... something smells a bit fishy.

I presumed there was an issue with him not wanting to drop down a division which is fair enough but then to see he has signed for Reading is a bit upsetting?!

He stated that he joined Reading because he thinks he has a good chance of returning to the Prem with them, does he not think this is possible with us? Now, considering we are top of the league and unbeaten I find this hard to believe. Im sure if we were in for him we would have sold him 'the vision' of the club.

So, that to me smacks of 2 things:

1) We were simply never in for him (which would be an oversight on our part if the case as he looks like the kind of defender we need!)

or

2) Reading have exceeded what we were willing to pay for him.

In NA & NC I trust but come on guys, you want quality, you have to pay for it sometimes and we are not going to attract the kind of player we need to get that final push to the Premiership if we are offering peanuts.

I'm wondering if the excellent start has hindered our transfer activity in anyway. I hope to hell someone hasnt seen the 4 games we have won and thought "I dont need to invest any money in this, it will be fine as it is..."

I echo what a few others have said in regards to the Fontaine deal falling through. To hear some of their fans say they would drive him down here themselves for £400k and then to offer double this was a little worrying. I am not saying I would have got on the players back had he signed, but to me it seemed like a desperation signing. I would rather we played Seabourne or Martin there than spend money willy nilly for the sake of it.

I sure hope that NA & NC have a few surprises to pull out of their sleeves before deadline day which will put a smile on our faces because I still think we are 2 or 3 quality players away from really competiting for the whole season. A striker and a CB as everyone knows is what we need.

We have been since the end of last season. There have been players available but we have not signed them.

I think you explained in your answers the reason why.

I would suggest that we are not as ambitious this season (ie in terms of promotion), as some of the fans had hoped.

A mid table finish would be good for our first season in this division and the fans need to be patient not frustrated !