'Massive bid for more players'

Saint Garrett

'Trialist' in QPR squad tonight...who thinks that might be Puncheon? If it is then this deal is DONE!!!

Be interested to read the match report on that one!

Not sure we'd allow Puncheon to play on trial. More likely to be some nobody like the people who played at Eastleigh the other night.

Not sure we'd allow Puncheon to play on trial. More likely to be some nobody like the people who played at Eastleigh the other night.

I thought that due to possibility of an injury but:

1) the squad they have there is their first team squad, possibly first team line-up too.

2) Maybe the deal is done minus FA clearance so he has to play as a trialist, or listed as that as neither teams want to announce the deal just yet!

Only time will tell eh!

I thought that due to possibility of an injury but:

1) the squad they have there is their first team squad, possibly first team line-up too.

2) Maybe the deal is done minus FA clearance so he has to play as a trialist, or listed as that as neither teams want to announce the deal just yet!

Only time will tell eh!

Both fair points and I'd be more than happy to see the back of Punch esp if we end up with Gorks as well! Seems a bloody good deal all round well if you count Punch playing 6 good games before getting in a strop ;-)

'Trialist' in QPR squad tonight...who thinks that might be Puncheon? If it is then this deal is DONE!!!

Be interested to read the match report on that one!

Its a Brazilian called Bruno Perone whos played nearly all the games so far.

They've named a pretty strong team, bar Gorrks

QPR: Kenny, Dyer, Hill, Derry, Hall, Gabbidon, Taarabt, Smith, Campbell, Bothroyd, Faurlin.

He's not a sub either

Subs: Cerny, Hewitt, Buzsaky, Trialist, Agyemang, Ephraim, Doughty, Helguson, Orr, Andrade.

probably at the Chilworth Manor Hotel praying in the bushes whilst waiting for a taxi.

Joseph Mills played for Preston North End on trial earlier in pre-season, whilst still a Saints player.

Bit different though Mr Rain Man. Puncheon is expected to bring us in a million ish (including Gorks) whereas Mills is being done a favour in order to no doubt ship him off on a free.

I hope we do not rock the boat to much and bring in someone that does not fit in and someone who does not really want to be here. I think it is important to get the balance right, and we seem to have this balance at the moment!!

Another tweet made by the forth_official twitter, 30 odd mins ago:

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Might chuck some money on Southampton to get automatic promotion, hearing good things about them dipping into the market too #Saintsfc

This guy/woman is usually very near the mark in terms of what he/she knows. Am inclined to believe that we are not far away from making a big move for somebody. Gut instinct is it will be a 'name' forward.

This guy/woman is usually very near the mark in terms of what he/she knows. Am inclined to believe that we are not far away from making a big move for somebody. Gut instinct is it will be a 'name' forward.

Maybe but IF he stays fit he will have to be one hell of a player to be better than Connolly......and why offer Barnard a longer contract when he still has another year to run anyway ?

Maybe but IF he stays fit he will have to be one hell of a player to be better than Connolly......and why offer Barnard a longer contract when he still has another year to run anyway ?

All these new contracts would have been better money, or better than the old league 1 contracts. Good for morale and keeps the squad a bit happier. I am sure he will figure and get his chance, as Connolly will not stay fit all season.

I heard a very interesting bit of info from what I consider a reliable source on Friday. Apparently, an offer was made to Brian Howard a little while ago at SMS, however he wanted to have time to discuss the issue with his wife. NC wanted an answer immediately for some reason, so Howard walked away from the deal. Don't know whether this has been discussed and/or revealed already.