Jackson's Farm

Deano6

Yes, it's the annual Jackson's Farm thread, but I can't for the life of me remember what happened with it.

Did Liebherr purchase it as part of the "Saints package" in taking us out of administration, or did it go to someone else? I remember there was a time when it was thought it was going to be worthless (was that just a bookkeeping thing because it would have been subject to a distressed sale in administration), as well as being part of an argument as to why the Saints HoldCo in admin had other ventures than just the club (so not "intrinsically linked").

And if we do still have it, are there any developments on having it turned into a block of flats or whatever to unlock its value?

Yes, it's the annual Jackson's Farm thread, but I can't for the life of me remember what happened with it.

Did Liebherr purchase it as part of the "Saints package" in taking us out of administration, or did it go to someone else? I remember there was a time when it was thought it was going to be worthless (was that just a bookkeeping thing because it would have been subject to a distressed sale in administration), as well as being part of an argument as to why the Saints HoldCo in admin had other ventures than just the club (so not "intrinsically linked").

And if we do still have it, are there any developments on having it turned into a block of flats or whatever to unlock its value?

ML bought all the assets of SLH including the farm. New government guidelines could unlock it.

Although now owned by us, its value currently is only as agricultural land. And it is currently deemed by EBC to be part of the strategic gap between Hedge End/West End and Durley. But the housing at Grange Park goes pretty well right up to the boundaries of Jacksons Farm. If additional housing were to be required in that general area, Jackson's Farm would be a good candidate for it and the land value would soar.

Another remote possibility is that there could be oil under the land, or maybe under the Grange Park development and access to it could come via JF.

So it could be that sometime in the future that land could indeed bring in quite a substantial return to the club and to the Liebherrs.

ML bought all the assets of SLH including the farm. New government guidelines could unlock it.

Derry .. Do you know if such guidelines would make the site a suitable location for a future new stadium, should NC decide to go down that route?

Already owning the land would be a major advantage if NC is thinking new build and he has certainly mentioned this possibility in past missives.

Although now owned by us, its value currently is only as agricultural land. And it is currently deemed by EBC to be part of the strategic gap between Hedge End/West End and Durley. But the housing at Grange Park goes pretty well right up to the boundaries of Jacksons Farm. If additional housing were to be required in that general area, Jackson's Farm would be a good candidate for it and the land value would soar.

Another remote possibility is that there could be oil under the land, or maybe under the Grange Park development and access to it could come via JF.

So it could be that sometime in the future that land could indeed bring in quite a substantial return to the club and to the Liebherrs.

I live on Grange Park, I'm going to get my drill out in the back garden and look for oil. If I become rich I'll pay everyones SWF fees for a whole year, and that's a promise!

You say Wes the land belongs to us but surely you mean ML's estate?

Derry .. Do you know if such guidelines would make the site a suitable location for a future new stadium, should NC decide to go down that route?

Already owning the land would be a major advantage if NC is thinking new build and he has certainly mentioned this possibility in past missives.

There is going to be a consultation document published which will I presume show the detail. I'm not sure apart from employment that's what they have in mind.

Figure of speech. As far as I know the land was bought by ML as part of the package when he bought the club, so technically everything is part of his estate, isn't it?

Indeed - it was ours of course in the days we all had shares but, those days don't exist any more and I for one am not gonna give a view whether that is a good or bad thing. :)

Sounds good to me wouldn't mind the stadium being a 10 min drive from my house:)

I'm no expect but I guess going from 'farmland only' to 50,000 seater football stadium development is a bit of a big leap. Think they will do well to get permission for some nicely landscaped luxury housing development there.

I'm no expect but I guess going from 'farmland only' to 50,000 seater football stadium development is a bit of a big leap. Think they will do well to get permission for some nicely landscaped luxury housing development there.

Good point, but what about the Rose Bowl (or whatever it's called now)?

Bransgrove seemed to have the necessary clout to push that through in a strictly rural location, when you would have expected your above dictum to apply. Further developments no problem, and the council even pays for them!

Cortese is fiercely determined when he wants something and the prestige, employment and money generated for the city by SFC must surely give him considerable influence in any negotiations with SCC.

Not saying NC will want a stadium at JF and indeed it does currently look as if he is lining up an expanded SMS. However, there are issues and he may look outside the city if, for example, a redeveloped waterfront does not materialize or he cannot acquire land adjacent to the current stadium.

If it is under the control of the city council they would be mental to grant planning permission for a new stadium out there.

No need, unnessessary transport ball-ache, taking footfall out of the city, and we've already got a ruddy new stadium. The local response would be very anti- and the whole thing completely lacks any logic at all. The city council would hate it.

And I very much doubt Cortese is even considering it. If that land has value, it's not as a football stadium.

If it is under the control of the city council they would be mental to grant planning permission for a new stadium out there.

No need, unnessessary transport ball-ache, taking footfall out of the city, and we've already got a ruddy new stadium. The local response would be very anti- and the whole thing completely lacks any logic at all. The city council would hate it.

And I very much doubt Cortese is even considering it. If that land has value, it's not as a football stadium.

Not for local saints fans:)

Been at a wedding reception at Mc Donalds Botley park hotel. And all the talk from the Golfers was about it being sold on , for a 3000 home development. :0

That's been in the pipeline for around 5 years and is nearing fruition as is development at Woodhouse Lane. Neither of which impact on Jacksons Farm though.

• 10 years later...
2 hours ago, NostalgicSheepFarmer said:

Does anyone have any news on Jacksons Farm? They started demolishing the farm buildings at the weekend! Don’t think they’ve touched the house yet. Thought it was a listed building but a Google search suggests not!

11 year bump. Impressive.