Plymouth predictions.

bjk

Well the players should be on a high after the Reading game so there is no excuse to then actually do a Reading and not turn up! We need some consistency and we need to change our home form around. We have the worst home form in the league. If we can just change that around and maybe get it more in line with our away form were be miles away from the relegation zone. So for me this is a hugely important game. I think we will win 2-0. However for some reason i would not be surprised if we lost 0-5.

Plymouth are a different kettle of fish. They are very direct, and a big strong team afetr what I saw on Sunday on The Championship highlights.

The passing will be slick - we'll make plenty of chances, but it will be our finishing that may be the deciding factor.

Plymouth seem to up the ante against us - and everything else being even I 'd say we will probably lose at home again.

Nothing to do with Lowe

Nothing to do with Jan

Nothing to do with the SMS faithful.

Please proove me wrong!

Plymouth have some dangerous players, but no clear cut out-and-out goalscorer, so our defence shouldn't be troubled as long as there is an experienced player is there (OK, as long as Perry is there).

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we will keep a clean sheet, and score a couple of goals. 2-0 to Saints.

Had a strong feeling we would beat Reading, but this game against Plymouth is giving me negative vibes. They seem to be one of those horrible unknown teams that always drag us down to their level of play and beat us by boring us to death.

Tonight would be a good time to change that. That would set us up nicely for the Charlton game. We could be 9 points clear of relegation by Saturday evening.

So many IFs. If the youngsters aren't intimidated by the Home venue, and if they start the game at a fast pace, and largely maintain it, and if they can weather the tactics of Plymouth, then I think they'll play the Argyle off the park. If they fall short on any of those points, Paul Sturrock's team will win. It's a great shame this one is not easy to predict, because after Saturday's result, it should be.

Plymouth have some dangerous players, but no clear cut out-and-out goalscorer, so our defence shouldn't be troubled as long as there is an experienced player is there (OK, as long as Perry is there).

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we will keep a clean sheet, and score a couple of goals. 2-0 to Saints.

Have to agree, but neither do we that aren't out on loan.

Just found out that Andy D'Urso is ref tonight. I was at Swansea v Watford a couple of weeks ago and he was in the middle then too. Very very very very poor ref. In fact probably the worst I've ever witnessed (and thats saying something, espeically as I was watching as a neutral). However he never seemed to do anything about Watfords blatent time wasting from the first minute, so I suggest we go and score and early goal and spend the remaining 90 minutes or so taking a throw in.

Saints 1 - 0 Plymouth