Wigan (A). Cheap As Chips Tickets.

View From The Top

very very much looking forward to this one , will be my 78th ground out of the 92, top price as well , just shows it pick away games wisely the premier league is actually cheaper than the championship , £25 at Arsenal , £15 at west brom and I think it will be £20 at Newcastle as well.

no rush to get tickets for this as we can have over 5000 , my guess is we won't take more than 2000 with man utd just a few days earlier . massive relegation 6 pointer.

Fly into Birmingham that day for business,wondering if I can get up to Wigan in time for the game?

Any idea on how long it is from Birmingham to Wigan? Flight arrives 11.40am

Around two hours or a little less usually...it's a bit of a route I do regularly...you should be ok on a Saturday

Fly into Birmingham that day for business,wondering if I can get up to Wigan in time for the game?

Any idea on how long it is from Birmingham to Wigan? Flight arrives 11.40am

Depends how you're intending getting up there

by car Hour an a half to two hours at most

by train

11:53

Birmingham International [bHI] Platform 2

Wigan North Western [WGN] Platform 5

13:37

1h 44m

14:37

1h 44m

Depends how you're intending getting up there

by car Hour an a half to two hours at most

by train

11:53

13:37

1h 44m

14:37

1h 44m

Flight is scheduled to arrive 11.40 so would probably not make the 11,53 ,the 12.53 is pushing it to get to the ground how far is it from the station 20 mins? 5-10 in a taxi?

Going to this with the boy. Massive road trip.

Very cheap prices but expected.......... that said Norwich will be charging us approx £42 for an adult when we go there in March!! Kid you not. They are charging Newcastle £45 and Spurs £50!!

Was going to go but not at that price!!!

Wow! First game in a while travel is more expensive than the ticket for the game! :D

£26 return from MK plus a few quid getting there from here and a £20 game ticket is just amazing.

Pinwing I am going from MK - where did you see £26 return? (train?)

Going to this with the boy. Massive road trip.

Very cheap prices but expected.......... that said Norwich will be charging us approx £42 for an adult when we go there in March!! Kid you not. They are charging Newcastle £45 and Spurs £50!!

Was going to go but not at that price!!!

Norwich will be £30/35 for us.

Pinwing I am going from MK - where did you see £26 return? (train?)

The train line are doing deals on the virgin train routs that way, we change at Crew on the way out and get the direct line back, though I have realised the £26 reflects the student rail card price (1/3rd off). It's £40 without it.

I'm in.

30 minute bus journey from Leigh, 20 quid entry and all the pies you can eat and cheaper than south beer prices. Proper football day out!!

Wonder if the squad will stay up north after the Man U game.

If so I might have to do a bit of stalking whilst I'm back in UK based in Leigh. LOL

A fixture I looked for as like others have said its a new ground. Sadly though my first miss of the season - mates wedding is same day. Have already warned them that I will be using the hotels wifi to find a stream for it during the reception!

very very much looking forward to this one , will be my 78th ground out of the 92, top price as well , just shows it pick away games wisely the premier league is actually cheaper than the championship , £25 at Arsenal , £15 at west brom and I think it will be £20 at Newcastle as well.

That is an amazing coincidence JRM as it will be my 79th (all involving Saints). However, I think that I may loose a couple at the end of the season with some of the clubs at the bottom of League 2 in trouble. I do want Luton to get promoted though in order to replace one of the grounds I am going to lose.