Everton build up thread

Bad Wolf

tbf new manager syndrome normally comes because a manager has been sacked because the team is doing poorly and a new manager comes in to lift spirits. Saints have been doing well since the beginning of November and Adkins was popular, so the change possibly does more harm than good. Hopefully not, but impossible to tell at this point.

What he said...

Yeah, fair point. As I hit the 'enter' button I suspected that I had posted my first piece of twaddle in 72 hours.... :)

haha thats ok, I'll let you off ;)

I really hope I am wrong but just can't see how this new situation will raise the players spirits when they were fine to begin with. How is a manager with very little english even going to even get what he wants across to the players? I can only see this game going one way.

What he said...

haha thats ok, I'll let you off ;)

I really hope I am wrong but just can't see how this new situation will raise the players spirits when they were fine to begin with. How is a manager with very little english even going to even get what he wants across to the players? I can only see this game going one way.

It wouldn't surprise me if we lost too. But....I was thinking the same before Adkins got the chop - I had this game down as a banana skin - just a hunch.

No doubt a defeat will be blamed on the 'turmoil' of Friday's events and the notion that we may have lost the game anyway under Adkins will be largely swept under the carpet.

It wouldn't surprise me if we lost too. But....I was thinking the same before Adkins got the chop - I had this game down as a banana skin - just a hunch.

No doubt a defeat will be blamed on the 'turmoil' of Friday's events and the notion that we may have lost the game anyway under Adkins will be largely swept under the carpet.

Like you, I saw this as a tough one as things were. But I thought we had a chance to get a result. I saw it going a bit like the Norwich game did this season. Ending in a draw. Starting brightly, maybe taking the lead before half time and then conceding an early second half goal and seeing it out for a point.

Now I can only see us losing badly but I'd love to be wrong.

Everton are a very good side and I thought we'd lose the game on Monday before Adkins had been sacked.

Now I'm not so sure how the players are going to react to Adkins going. On paper it doesn't change anything much just the thoughts in the players' minds.

We may be able to get a draw which would be a fantastic result in my opinion against one of the best Everton teams of recent years, but I'm still predicting a tight Everton win unfortunately, hope I'm wrong though, would be great to draw/beat them!

Everton are a very good side and I thought we'd lose the game on Monday before Adkins had been sacked.

Now I'm not so sure how the players are going to react to Adkins going. On paper it doesn't change anything much just the thoughts in the players' minds.

We may be able to get a draw which would be a fantastic result in my opinion against one of the best Everton teams of recent years, but I'm still predicting a tight Everton win unfortunately, hope I'm wrong though, would be great to draw/beat them!

We've never had the "new manager syndrome" before that we've always fallen victim to when the opposition make a change. It'd be nice for once if the players are spurred on to go above and beyond what they've done so far...3 wins in a row would be nice ;)

its odd seeing the rest of the country covered in snow (on the news) as it was a nice day here in devon...cold, but a bright blue sky

Thats interesting. I have no plans to go tonight but also live in Devon. I don't know where you are based exactly but you may wish to contact me re future car share etc. Apart from my Son I don't know any other Saints fans West of Totton and would like to find one or two.

Tonight: 2 all I reckon. Agree with minutes chant for Nigel (and some reaction directed at Cortese)

Live in Devon 10 mile East of Exeter off A30..

Near Ottery St Mary ..of course.

Unable to attend tonight through work....

Tickets (season) at home Adult and junior to 17 years available.

PM me re future journeys...Next game Daughter and I will be there....Man City..

Saints to win tonight.:)

COYS:D

Norwegian season finished in November, so doubt he is match fit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Norwegian_Premier_League

Danny Seaborne is on loan at Bournemouth, so if Forren isn't in the squad it will be Aaron Martin on the bench.

Who last played 45 minutes on 1st Jan. Seems strange because Martin doesn't actually form part of the squad, they must have changed it I suppose.

It's worrying how Seaborne or Martin have been in squads this season. Martin is ok, but far from good enough for this level, and Seaborne is just dreadful. I'd rather have a 1/3rd fit Forren on the bench than either of these. And yes I know Seaborne is at Bournemouth, which was my point that he's not going to be on the bench either.

It's worrying how Seaborne or Martin have been in squads this season. Martin is ok, but far from good enough for this level, and Seaborne is just dreadful. I'd rather have a 1/3rd fit Forren on the bench than either of these. And yes I know Seaborne is at Bournemouth, which was my point that he's not going to be on the bench either.

Don't think Martin has been in any squad so far this season, probably because up until recently he wasn't even in our selected

25 man group submitted to the PL. I just presume he's replaced Seaborne for the time being and Forren will replace Dickson .

Think that gives us a full house though, still as we still have a bit of dead wood in there we can shift it around a bit to accomodate any other signings.

Lambert and Ramirez to start in place of J Rod and Steven Davis,as others have said Forren is`nt fit enough yet and carrying a few extra pounds at the moment.Players are all behind the new manager and look forward to working with him,i hope the fans do the same COYR.

Lambert and Ramirez to start in place of J Rod and Steven Davis,as others have said Forren is`nt fit enough yet and carrying a few extra pounds at the moment.Players are all behind the new manager and look forward to working with him,i hope the fans do the same COYR.

So...

Boruc

Clyne Yoshi Jos Shaw

Morgan Cork

Punch Gaston Guly

Lambert?

Cheers, good info as always.

Cheers. You didn't get the sack too then? ;)

Thanks as always sir

Thanks for the update, makes sense. Good to know the players are behind him.

Imagine that means we will be as follows:

-------------------Boruc---------------------

Clyne------Yoshida---------Hooiveld-------Shaw

-------------Cork------------Morgan------------

Puncheon-----------Ramirez--------------Guly

--------------------Lambert-------------------

Our best selectable team IMO.

And 5 hours before kick-off as well. New regime doesn't mind then.

@officialsaints: Morgan Schneiderlin, José Fonte and Kelvin Davis say Saints fans have a big part to play against @Everton: http://t.co/Y6QfmgVk #saintsfc

some lovely scripts written for the players there by a PR guru, in fact i think Fonte was reading off an auto-que.

shows the club have been knocked by the fans reaction such as the 94% of 10,500 voters who disagreed with the decision and are going all out to get them onside.

@officialsaints: A preview of tonight's @premierleague game against @Everton is now online: http://t.co/WhAJev2D #saintsfc http://t.co/XqleXYg5

@officialsaints: This evening's official matchday programme features an interview with boyhood @Everton fan Adam Lallana: http://t.co/eEWMblfO #saintsfc

@officialsaints: Adam Lallana: "This is the best @Everton team in my lifetime, as we saw for ourselves when we played up there in September." #saintsfc

some lovely scripts written for the players there by a PR guru, in fact i think Fonte was reading off an auto-que.

shows the club have been knocked by the fans reaction such as the 94% of 10,500 voters who disagreed with the decision and are going all out to get them onside.

Also shows that it is worth making our voices heard tonight. Clotese clearly doesn't want a reaction tonight.

Everton are a decent team so I'd have gone for a draw at best but post NA who knows?

Morale may have been dented and we could sink or alternativley we might just for once get new manager syndrome and actually win.

Guess we'll find out pretty soon.

We've never had the "new manager syndrome" before that we've always fallen victim to when the opposition make a change. It'd be nice for once if the players are spurred on to go above and beyond what they've done so far...3 wins in a row would be nice ;)

We had the New Manager sydrome once as far as I can remember and that was 2-0 v Liverpool (and Owen missed a pen) when sturrock started - not the best precedent to set :(

We had the New Manager sydrome once as far as I can remember and that was 2-0 v Liverpool (and Owen missed a pen) when sturrock started - not the best precedent to set :(
The Bally and Lawrie dream team got off to a flyer winning at Newcastle, a dubious ref costing us a defeat at Oldham but then the gloriously triumphant home coming on Sky TV with the Valentines Day Massacre of Liverpool 4-2 in the snow.

Will another merseyside team bite the dust ... er snow tonight in front of the cameras?

2-2 draw with Norwich for Wotte I seem to remember.

Firstly I am Gutted to see that Adkins has Been Sacked and is no longer with us and

that I am Sure that he will find another club to manage along with Andy Crosby his

assistant and others!!!

I am also Going to Back the New Manager 100% whoever is in Charge at Saints so

Good Luck to the New Man too!!!

I have also been away on Holiday for a Few Days so will be Good to be Back watching

Saints which will be Good and am Going to Go for either 3-1 Everton Or 2-1 Saints

as well as a Win would be Great as if we Lose we will be in a Precarious position as well

But We'l See!!!

Bring It On!!! :D

COYR!!! :D

Firstly I am Gutted to see that Adkins has Been Sacked and is no longer with us and

that I am Sure that he will find another club to manage along with Andy Crosby his

assistant and others!!!

I am also Going to Back the New Manager 100% whoever is in Charge at Saints so

Good Luck to the New Man too!!!

I have also been away on Holiday for a Few Days so will be Good to be Back watching

Saints which will be Good and am Going to Go for either 3-1 Everton Or 2-1 Saints

as well as a Win would be Great as if we Lose we will be in a Precarious position as well

But We'l See!!!

Bring It On!!! :D

COYR!!! :D

Who do you think will score Ben?