'Entertainment' - are you enjoying watching us more under Pochettino?

110_Persaint

One of the biggest issues I have with the new management apart from the obvious lack of results and pathetic half-hearted performances, is the entertainment factor. Never in my life did I ever think watching Saints play was akin to watching paint dry. At least watching paint dry you know something will eventually happen - the paint WILL dry! With Saints at the moment it is a case of "all fart and no sh*t", where you almost know for a fact there is nothing coming in terms of goals despite us dominating games of football. Watching Saints for me has sadly become a chore and not a pleasure. :(

Your thoughts on the current regime's 'attractive' style of football?

I've got some ideas for further threads that you can post after this one:-

Do you wear items to matches that you consider to be lucky? How often do they work?

OK, it's only been a handful of matches, but rate Pochettino against all of the other Saints managers since 1960.

Who would you prefer to be our current manager? Harry Redknapp, Adkins or Pochettino?

Had we kept Nigel Pearson as our manager, where would we be now?

Let me know if you start to run out of ideas for pointless threads. I'm sure that I could think of some more for you. The offer applies to Barry too, as between the two of you who surfaced on here at around about the same time, we have been spammed with more threads like this one than I can ever remember before.

Some people are only entertained if we win, then the end justifies the means.

We've been spoilt over the last three years.

Personally I do enjoy watching us, it can be frustrating watching the team pass the ball to an easy option rather then try something more dynamic but I would prefer that any day over a long ball 'playing the percentages' type approach. When it works though, like against Man City, with Schneiderlin and Cork providing the emphasis, the 'bite' in midfield and raising the crowd it is simply sublime.

Edited by Colinjb

Yes, I think that the style of football that we play is generally entertaining, more so than under NA. The way we played against Man City and Everton would not have happened under NA. We moved the ball around more quickly, pressed higher up the pitch and had a tempo about our play that exceeded even NA's best matches. Do we do it every match - no, is that understandable - yes as we are a young team that is learning the ways of the Prem.

To say that watching us at the monment is like watching paint dry demonstrates either a poor grasp of English or a poor understanding of football atthe moment. If you want boring and formulaic 'anti-football' have a look at Stoke. They might have more points than us at the moment but their football is godawful, and I believe that the quality of entertainment is what is being discussed on this thread.

One of the biggest issues I have with the new management apart from the obvious lack of results and pathetic half-hearted performances, is the entertainment factor. Never in my life did I ever think watching Saints play was akin to watching paint dry. At least watching paint dry you know something will eventually happen - the paint WILL dry! With Saints at the moment it is a case of "all fart and no sh*t", where you almost know for a fact there is nothing coming in terms of goals despite us dominating games of football. Watching Saints for me has sadly become a chore and not a pleasure. :(

I'd say that in some matches under Adkins' stewardship I was marginally more entertained than in some of the matches played under MP's regime, in others a lot more, in others the entertainment factor has been about the same. It all depends on which match you are comparing with which I suppose, but on balance if I was to gauge overall entertainment levels I'd say I was 73 per cent entertained under N.A and 72.9 per cent under M.P. Who of course could improve on that as he is still manager and has more games to come.

Yes, I think that the style of football that we play is generally entertaining, more so than under NA. The way we played against Man City and Everton would not have happened under NA. We moved the ball around more quickly, pressed higher up the pitch and had a tempo about our play that exceeded even NA's best matches. Do we do it every match - no, is that understandable - yes as we are a young team that is learning the ways of the Prem.

To say that watching us at the monment is like watching paint dry demonstrates either a poor grasp of English or a poor understanding of football atthe moment. If you want boring and formulaic 'anti-football' have a look at Stoke. They might have more points than us at the moment but their football is godawful, and I believe that the quality of entertainment is what is being discussed on this thread.

Ok then lets go along that though, will Cortese accept that at the end of the season if we get relegated,

Pochettino

"We play great football and its really pleasing on the eye"

Cortese

"Did we stay in the Premiership?

Pochettino

"Ah I knew were going to ask that quest....."

Cortese

"Tara Lad"

Ok then lets go along that though, will Cortese accept that at the end of the season if we get relegated,

Pochettino

"We play great football and its really pleasing on the eye"

Cortese

"Did we stay in the Premiership?

Pochettino

"Ah I knew were going to ask that quest....."

Cortese

"Tara Lad"

Would this be said in a Swiss-Scouse accent? If so I would pay to watch that.

Anyway Bazza, I kinda feel you have missed the point again me ol' mucka.

This thread is about entertainment. Well at least that was 110% remit in the OP.

Would this be said in a Swiss-Scouse accent? If so I would pay to watch that.

Anyway Bazza, I kinda feel you have missed the point again me ol' mucka.

This thread is about entertainment. Well at least that was 110% remit in the OP.

My point is Cortese wont care as long as we stay up, the ball could orbit the moon every minute as long as we win he wont care and neither will most of the fans.

To answer your question though the difference is marginal too marginal to call.

My point is Cortese wont care as long as we stay up, the ball could orbit the moon every minute as long as we win he wont care and neither will most of the fans.

I don't necessarily disagree. But, hey, that's the fred what was all aboot :)

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

As a Saints fan I enjoy going to matches and supporting my team !

With the expectation that 17th would be achieved with great difficulty, I have been encouraged by many of the performances under both managers so far !

We have chucked points away by making elementary, individual mistakes too often but the quality of play has generally been very good !

Pochettino clearly believes in style and panache and I think that given time to adapt to a new situation he might well prove a shrewd appointment (I was unimpressed when NA was sacked!).

As you have the ear of the chairman, was he entertained?

Yes I am although there isn't much in it as both managers try to play creative football.

We've played some great stuff under MP and have created lots of chances but we need players like AL, GR and JR to step up to the plate and start scoring regularly.

Ricky can't do it all on his own.

QPR was an abberation.

but you dont watch saints, you watch leage 1 pompshyte at krap nottarf

Absolutely appalling the abuse one gets on here. I'm the one who should be ashamed of myself for attempting to amicably communicate with such low-lifes. :facepalm:

As Saints 'fans' I'm sure you project a wonderful image of what we stand for wherever you go... tbh I am disgusted that there exist such fans of this great club. Disgraceful.

Absolutely appalling the abuse one gets on here. I'm the one who should be ashamed of myself for attempting to amicably communicate with such low-lifes. :facepalm:

As Saints 'fans' I'm sure you project a wonderful image of what we stand for wherever you go... tbh I am disgusted that there exist such fans of this great club. Disgraceful.

You're wasting your life on trolling mate, thats just sad.

You're wasting your life on trolling mate, thats just sad.

Then why don't you join the 90% of forum members who have me on ignore? You are just as sad by a) considering me a troll, b) calling me out on being a troll, c) WANTING me to be a troll so I can give you bait on which you can seem authoritative and credible, and look cool in front of other posters.

AFAIC, only Dig Dig, Olallana and Glasgow on here are worth my time at all and can hold a decent conversation without resorting to abuse. I'm sure there are other good folks on here too, but they all have me on ignore so what's the f**king point.

Bizarrely I actually agree in some ways with the OP....not on entertainment as quick frankly I couldn't give a toss if we were boring but got results, what I am concerned about however is that we have significantly lost our 'spark' and are hiding behind the number of shots we have on goal. Of the 15 odd we supposedly had on goal at Norwich I can only recollect maybe 2 or 3 that I would consider as genuine scoring opportunities. I really don't think we are playing THAT well to be comfortable that results will come as we keep being told.

On top of our new found lack of attacking threat we now also look more vulnerable at the back and seem to have lost our balance.

I'm still open minded about MoPo as there will be a natural evolution period but at this moment in time I am far more concerned than I was at the end of the draw at Stamford Bridge.

I've got some ideas for further threads that you can post after this one:-

Do you wear items to matches that you consider to be lucky? How often do they work?

OK, it's only been a handful of matches, but rate Pochettino against all of the other Saints managers since 1960.

Who would you prefer to be our current manager? Harry Redknapp, Adkins or Pochettino?

Had we kept Nigel Pearson as our manager, where would we be now?

Let me know if you start to run out of ideas for pointless threads. I'm sure that I could think of some more for you. The offer applies to Barry too, as between the two of you who surfaced on here at around about the same time, we have been spammed with more threads like this one than I can ever remember before.

.......and of course, (the most controversial one )..would we be better off if Lowe was still Chairman.. and Burley was still manager......

comments please to 110_ Persaint (preferably as a PM). Over and out.

Then why don't you join the 90% of forum members who have me on ignore? You are just as sad by a) considering me a troll, b) calling me out on being a troll, c) WANTING me to be a troll so I can give you bait on which you can seem authoritative and credible, and look cool in front of other posters.

AFAIC, only Dig Dig, Olallana and Glasgow on here are worth my time at all and can hold a decent conversation without resorting to abuse. I'm sure there are other good folks on here too, but they all have me on ignore so what's the f**king point.

Right, you never abuse people without any provocation?

Right, you never abuse people without any provocation?

Never. I never have nor ever will make any attempt to hurt somebody with personal abuse. Call someone a muppet, poke fun at them, have a bit of light-hearted banter absolutely, I do that all the time. But I would never resort to serious personal insults if I don't like somebody's character or disagree with them on a certain issue. All my supposed 'wum' antics are purely farcical, hoping to make folks laugh and put smiles on their faces. Unfortunately my good intentions have been ruined by sad souls who take life and everything they read oh so seriously (if in the OP you didn't realize "pathetic, half-hearted" was tongue in cheek, I feel sorry for you).

I came here with the sole intention of making this place better, alas, I've inexplicably made it worse. Due to the overwhelming amount of abuse, prejudice and name calling I've been subjected to, you will all be pleased to know this post is my last contribution on here. I quit. Mods if you read this please ban me or delete my account as apparently I am unable to do so myself. Please and thank you.

Goodbye SWF. (and don't worry I won't let the door hit me on the way out)

Never. I never have nor ever will make any attempt to hurt somebody with personal abuse. Call someone a muppet, poke fun at them, have a bit of light-hearted banter absolutely, I do that all the time. But I would never resort to serious personal insults if I don't like somebody's character or disagree with them on a certain issue. All my supposed 'wum' antics are purely farcical, hoping to make folks laugh and put smiles on their faces. Unfortunately my good intentions have been ruined by sad souls who take life and everything they read oh so seriously (if in the OP you didn't realize "pathetic, half-hearted" was tongue in cheek, I feel sorry for you).

I came here with the sole intention of making this place better, alas, I've inexplicably made it worse. Due to the overwhelming amount of abuse, prejudice and name calling I've been subjected to, you will all be pleased to know this post is my last contribution on here. I quit. Mods if you read this please ban me or delete my account as apparently I am unable to do so myself. Please and thank you.

Goodbye SWF. (and don't worry I won't let the door hit me on the way out)

:lol: