Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

So if you were in his position and TF was agreeing to spend money you wouldnt be taking him up on the offer and filling the team with players who personally I think are going to do v well in the NPC ?

I thought that QPR have done remarkably well in reducing their salary mass. Far far better than we did back in 2005. They must have offloaded a tidy part of a milion £ a week.

I thought that QPR have done remarkably well in reducing their salary mass. Far far better than we did back in 2005. They must have offloaded a tidy part of a milion £ a week.

Your not thinking straight Window, you have missed an obvious opportunity to have a pop at Redknapp, shame on you.

Agreed though, dumped the big wage primadonnas and picked up some very able players.

Le Tissier wasn't fit, who cares if you're that good.

Probably the most technically gifted player I have ever seen but Brazil has seen a revival in him and he still isnt fit enough, a move back to Europe would not be good for him or us. Nor would he be interested.

We are looking for a striker though not an attacking midfielder

Your not thinking straight Window, you have missed an obvious opportunity to have a pop at Redknapp, shame on you.

Agreed though, dumped the big wage primadonnas and picked up some very able players.

I've never had any animosity towards Harry Redknapp, comes of spending 10 years or so in London in the early 70s I guess. Everyone was wheeling and dealing and sh@gging anything that moved. Guess that's why Jimmy Saville's antics leave me totally unphased as well.

Probably the most technically gifted player I have ever seen but Brazil has seen a revival in him and he still isnt fit enough, a move back to Europe would not be good for him or us. Nor would he be interested.

We are looking for a striker though not an attacking midfielder

He scored more goals then Damiao the last two seasons. Ronaldinho playing off Lambert would be orgasmic.

In 'Arry's mind, long-term planning means the game after the next round of the League Cup.

I've never had any animosity towards Harry Redknapp, comes of spending 10 years or so in London in the early 70s I guess. Everyone was wheeling and dealing and sh@gging anything that moved. Guess that's why Jimmy Saville's antics leave me totally unphased as well.

Lol fair enough, Ive got no animosity towards him, infact I find it pretty cringey how much he gets vilafied on here, Im fairly confident he would be doing a much better job then Woy with England right now should he have been offered the top job.

Lets just say I was closer to the club in those days and although I still have contacts at Staplewood back then I had contacts very close to board level (in fact a manager). I cant really blame Harry for what happened, we were in freefall, and if you heard the crap coming out of the boardroom back then it was damnright scary

I posted this in the Osvaldo thread but it seems more relevant here.

I saw Finnbogason (we were linked with him last week) play last weekend against NAC and although its was a poor match from both sides you could see he was a lot better then all the other players on the pitch. Not sure how much Heerenveen want for him but for about 5 million pounds he certainly worth a shot.

Disclaimer: Any "Steve de Ridder" arguments will be ignored by me because de Ridder was never as dominant in the Dutch league as Finnbogason is. If you're claiming that Finnbogason is of a similar level to de Ridder because he comes from the same league and they both were important to their respective teams in the Dutch league then you've not seen both of them play.

Edited by Saint Martini
Appy

I posted this in the Osvaldo thread but it seems more relevant here.

I saw Finnbogason (we were linked with him last week) play last weekend against NAC and although its was a poor match from both sides you could see he was a lot better then all the other players on the pitch. Not sure how much Heerenveen want for him but for about 5 million pounds he certainly worth a shot.

Disclaimer: Any "Steve de Ridder" arguments will be ignored by me because de Ridder was never as dominant in the Dutch league as Finnbogason is. If you're comparing Finnbogason and de Ridder you've not seen both of them play.

Didn't you just compare them?

Quote on the BBC site from Manuel Pellegrini's press conference regarding Scott Sinclair

He is here in the squad and he wants to play more and we will see what happens with him today or tomorrow but if he wants to go on loan then we will look into that as there are good players in his way.

So could we entice him with a loan to start with (assuming we don't have to pay his full wages)?

Quote on the BBC site from Manuel Pellegrini's press conference regarding Scott Sinclair

He is here in the squad and he wants to play more and we will see what happens with him today or tomorrow but if he wants to go on loan then we will look into that as there are good players in his way.

So could we entice him with a loan to start with (assuming we don't have to pay his full wages)?

Missed the quotes...... what was said?

Only a couple of posts back

I see Gonzalo Bueno has signed for some Russian or Kazakh club, FC Kuban where's that then ? Must have really fancied a challenge

because that must be a really big club. No doubt he'll get a shedload for signing on and want out in about a month's time.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I think Tancredi actually enjoys (a bit over the top I know) tweeting "against" Saints. If anything now it would be a Manchester City target cause that was the latest rumour about Astori and Premier League....

Doesn´t really seems like he ever answer to questions from Saints fans on twitter either anymore...

Tancredi just rips off Di Marzio's tweets. If you follow both its Di Marzio first in Italian then Palmeri 5 mins later in English. Nice little niche he has created for himself...

True.....well I cant follow Tancredi since he blocked me for asking a cheeky question why journos dont check facts before writing stuff... :)

Martin Keown

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2395848/Martin-Keown-West-Ham-struggle-Southampton-march-Robin-van-Persie-pressure.html

Saints on the march

There’s been a lot of focus on the money Norwich have spent but I’ve been impressed by Southampton.

Mauricio Pochettino has spent £21m on just two players. Normally clubs outside the top six buy quantity when they part with that much but Pochettino felt he needed quality instead, signing Victor Wanyama from Celtic and Dejan Lovren from Lyon, who both could have been playing Champions League football.

They spent very well last summer on Jay Rodriguez, Nathaniel Clyne, Steven Davis and Gaston Ramirez and they have bought well again.

They needed an improvement in central defence, which Lovren will give them and Wanyama will give them power in midfield.

Add England centre forward Rickie Lambert, tough tackler Morgan Schneiderlin and left-wing axis Adam Lallana and Luke Shaw and you can see them doing well.

Weirdest rumour this summer?

Odemwingie to Napoli....

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=126657

My sawce tells me that Peter has driven down to Napoli and is sitting in his car outside the ground as we speak..

There will no doubt be a dog barking somewhere to drive back to Loftus Road and wait in the car park until Arry is ready.

After Osvaldo signs, would it be greedy for me to request the signing of another top class centre half? Toby Alderweireld would be a fantastic signing, and available for around £7-8m based on Norwich's accepted bid a month or so ago.

We'll be done once Osvaldo signs, a very productive window if I say so myself.

After Osvaldo signs, would it be greedy for me to request the signing of another top class centre half? Toby Alderweireld would be a fantastic signing, and available for around £7-8m based on Norwich's accepted bid a month or so ago.

We'll be done once Osvaldo signs, a very productive window if I say so myself.

Not so sure - still think we will try again for Banega or someone similar

We ssem very determined to get who we want

Unfortunately I agree with S-Clarke that if we sign Osvaldo, we'll have finished our business but I can't help thinking we're still short on attacking midfield creativity. I still hope we go in for Banega, or someone like him. If we don't get Osvaldo, and go for a cheaper striker, I do think we'll plump for an attacking midfielder anyway. AM is my choice, and while I do think we could utilise another top CB too, that's a position that's covered pretty well for now.

Unfortunately I agree with S-Clarke that if we sign Osvaldo, we'll have finished our business but I can't help thinking we're still short on attacking midfield creativity. I still hope we go in for Banega, or someone like him. If we don't get Osvaldo, and go for a cheaper striker, I do think we'll plump for an attacking midfielder anyway. AM is my choice, and while I do think we could utilise another top CB too, that's a position that's covered pretty well for now.

Id definately like a further AM option in there (we seem to play with a compact 3 with width coming from the fullbacks) but I homestly think if we dont we are ok. We have JWP, Davis, Ramirez, Lallana, J Rod, Punch and the new nippy youngster who's name avoids me at the moment (Ive been raving about him too, begins with I I think)

Id still like another one in there but its just greed TBH

Id definately like a further AM option in there (we seem to play with a compact 3 with width coming from the fullbacks) but I homestly think if we dont we are ok. We have JWP, Davis, Ramirez, Lallana, J Rod, Punch and the new nippy youngster who's name avoids me at the moment (Ive been raving about him too, begins with I I think)

Id still like another one in there but its just greed TBH

Isgrove. I suppose you're right in that another signing would restrict the chances of youngsters like Isgrove (especially with the positivity surrounding our Academy at the moment) but to bring in the likes of Osvaldo AND Banega - well that would make for a truly brilliant, interesting and exciting season!

Christ it's draining on here. Even criticism of Harry Redknapp not getting through today.

I'd suggest a better manager wouldn't need to spend to get that squad up, it was ridiculous experienced and talented for that level anyway, as everyone knows. My criticism was his continued insistence that it lacks quality, as he did last year, and every year, and with saints, trying to shift any blame. He's an extremely negative manager in that way.

If it were me, I wouldn't do that no. I'd try and actually build a team for the future. Austin was a better signing in that way. To me his promotion style is more Warnock than Adkins or Lambert or Rodgers. To many football fans it's all black and white, they got promoted, they came first etc., but when observing it closely you can see which sides are more likely to do well over a few years. QPR finished well above Norwich and Swansea yet weren't likely to push on because they needed to start over with a new team, and they've been trying it ever since. While the 'lesser' sides of the championship did build for the future, evolved teams properly and prospered. All younger managers who wanted to stick around longer, all were positive and didn't make excuses.

But if it prevents another redknapp thread takeover then sorry for my anti-harry post and that it wound you up so much.

I said earlier why I dont get the constant criticism of 'arry on here, its cringey and obsessive TBH.

As per what he has do e at QPR I think he has done very well, building a team of players that clearly want to prove themselves and want to play in a campaign where they are surely headed for the prem again.

He has stripped high earners and gambles such as Cisse, Bosingwa, Remy, Taraabt, Granero, Samba and replaced them with very very good options. I suggest that if you hadnt done the same in his shoes you would be in serious trouble TBH.

As per youth, they have only just invested in the academy etc, they just have not the players to bring through so they need to get quality and experience in to compete.

If it was not Harry I expect people would be talking about what a decent rebuilding effort he has done but obviously it is happy and so it all goes down to greed etc