Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Will be interesting to see if we make a move in the market again...overall it has been an excellent window.

We have 3 key players who have strengthened our team's spine and made us stronger. With the youth team stepping up, we are in a very good place.

I still worry about centre half and would certainly feel happier if we signed another centre back...as i am not wholly convinced by Fonte, Yoshida or Hoiveld. Obviously this would require another centre back to leave...most likely Jos.

Left back is also a worry...Shaw is injury prone and it would be lovely to get an able young left back to compete with him as Fox is a Championship level player.

Finally that leaves the vacant number 11 shirt and the loss of Puncheon. Whilst i am keen to promote the youth, we need to be mindful that we are still playing in an elite league and this needs to be done slowly.

Ramirez needs to step up and be the guy to unlock doors...ditto Lallana...however with the links to Piatti, there could be some movement there.

Obviously we would all love Banega, but i don't think we have the cash available to pull the trigger on this deal, so Piatti on loan with view to permanent sounds more realistic.

I hope we do move for another player or two to cap off a great window.

Unlike our other signings, they don't need to be key players but lower value players in important positions to provide depth and this will be very important to us in the context of the whole season

Toccherà vedesse Southampton-Tottenham anche solo pe capì a che minuto Osvaldo sbrocca e je mena a Lamela.

A retweet from Tancredi Palmeri. Any idea what it means..?

Never come across that verb (sbrocca) and it's not in my big dictionary but:

"we need to see S-TH if only to know in what minute Osvaldo will [blow up/react] and beat up Lamela."!

nothing official yet

apparently it's now on Roma's website 30 milion euros plus 5 in add ons. Might be a bit too much. I'm starting to think that the PL is getting seriously milked for a bit above average players, still Spurs are taking Real for a ride as well so what goes around comes around.

apparently it's now on Roma's website 30 milion euros plus 5 in add ons. Might be a bit too much. I'm starting to think that the PL is getting seriously milked for a bit above average players, still Spurs are taking Real for a ride as well so what goes around comes around.

It isn't too much, he has the potential to be one the best players in the world, he is already incredibly good.

Cheaper than Willian, scores a lot more goals in a superior league and has massive scope for improvement.

Fantastic buy and if they get Christian Eriksen as well then they have spent the Bale money very wisely and improved several positions.

To think what our original 25% cut could have bought us....:sulk:

Edited by Toon Saint

If Spurs get Lamela and Eriksen, that would leave them very heavy in the attacking midfield positions (Lennon, Paulinho, Holtby, Townsend, Dembele, Chadli, Sigurdsson).

Reckon we might be in with a shot of getting Gylfi Sigurdsson here - I for one think he'd fit in really well. Hard-working, good passer, scores goals...sign him up!

Victor Moses anyone? Odds have apparently been slashed on us signing him? I know that could simply be down to the fact that more people are betting on it with Punch going out on loan but, young, British, hungry... fits the mould and lets face it, unless a lot of injuries and not including cup games, he wont play this season for them.

My guess is we will see Sinclair or Moses possibly coming in to replace the departed Punch. It's been covered but Punch was one of our best attacking options last season and whilst a few new additions may have put him down the pecking order a little, he could still have done a job for us from the bench this season so IMO we need to replace him. I think we ideally needed another AM before this news of Punch going out. I think it is critical now.

... See Glasgow, that's how you do it (I realise he hasn't signed yet) but posting something I was given a snippet of BEFORE it is broke elsewhere rather than spouting about how you broke stories already available in other media outlets and rabbiting on about being popular...

... See Glasgow' date=' that's how you do it (I realise he hasn't signed yet) but posting something I was given a snippet of BEFORE it is broke elsewhere rather than spouting about how you broke stories already available in other media outlets and rabbiting on about being popular...[/quote']

You have history mate..........

My mate has just texted me to say we are announcing signing of Damiao for £25m and Banega for £15m today and it will be on SSN shortly. I called BS on him but he is adamant... anyone able to get to SSN and check this out?

I will say right now that Moses will not join us this summer. Another GS exclusive ;)

@SouthamptonFC: MP on the transfer window: "I think we've achieved the goals we set out for ourselves. We're very happy with who we've signed." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "I think it's important to have a nucleus of home-grown players from our Academy. That's how we want to proceed." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on potential signings: "At the moment, we are keeping our eye on what's happening. Overall, we're happy with what we've got." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on potential signings: "It wouldn't be a problem if we didn't sign anyone else." #saintsfc

Edited by trousers

Stefan de Vrij - Dutch Centre Back. I have been told by a good friend of mine that we have made contact with Feyenoord about buying this chap. I have been told it will be a fee of 8 million + add ons up to 12 million. I am not ITK but my friend has been right on a number of times. I hope so,he looks like a good player.

Stefan de Vrij - Dutch Centre Back. I have been told by a good friend of mine that we have made contact with Feyenoord about buying this chap. I have been told it will be a fee of 8 million + add ons up to 12 million. I am not ITK but my friend has been right on a number of times. I hope so' date='he looks like a good player.[/quote']

Hope this is true, De Vrij fits us perfectly, young, highly rated and skillful. Him and Lovren would be awesome

http://www.dutchfootball-league.com/dutch-football-talent-scout-stefan-de-vrij/

Stefan de Vrij - Dutch Centre Back. I have been told by a good friend of mine that we have made contact with Feyenoord about buying this chap. I have been told it will be a fee of 8 million + add ons up to 12 million. I am not ITK but my friend has been right on a number of times. I hope so' date='he looks like a good player.[/quote']

Does this mean we're not signing Lisandro Magallán any more...?

A friend of mine told me that Saints will be bringing in Lisandro Magallán. Apparently he is Argentinean defender. Young. He told be the fee was around £3.5 million. Any one else heard this one?

@SouthamptonFC: MP on the transfer window: "I think we've achieved the goals we set out for ourselves. We're very happy with who we've signed." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "I think it's important to have a nucleus of home-grown players from our Academy. That's how we want to proceed." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on potential signings: "At the moment, we are keeping our eye on what's happening. Overall, we're happy with what we've got." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on potential signings: "It wouldn't be a problem if we didn't sign anyone else." #saintsfc

Agree.

Played reserves midweek. Every outfield player at least U21 international. 5 full internationals. 2 international captains - we have never had a squad this good.

Only gap I can see in first team squad is the player I hoped Mayuka would be.

I would rather aim slightly lower and use players like Clyne, JayRod and JWP who are developing than buy a ready made top 7 side at their peak.

For a team finishing 6th/ 7th/ 8th most of our players are right sort of level.

Between them : Boruc , Clyne, Lovren, Yoshida, Shaw, VW, Morgan, Lallana, Ramirez, Lambert and Osvaldo would all have got decent amount of games for WBA, Liverpool, or Everton.

Probably 2nd CB is weakest.

So we might add, might not.

We don't 'need' to which is a great position to be in compared to other teams. Regardless of whether we add or not this is the best window we have ever had.

Agree. Intelligent choices , young and quality.

Hope this is true, De Vrij fits us perfectly, young, highly rated and skillful. Him and Lovren would be awesome

http://www.dutchfootball-league.com/dutch-football-talent-scout-stefan-de-vrij/

Linked with Liverpool so link with us follows.

Love fact team is so young with exciting prospects coming through but means likely to be inconsistent.

Forgot to mention this earlier but apparently JWP's loan deal to Bournemouth was agreed in principle over the summer, and it was James himself who turned it down. Turned out to be quite a good decision by the lad based on his performances so far!

Source: JWP's Dad at Sociedad game

Well I could be wrong. But since this is the HCDAJFU thread perhaps Trousers is suggesting HCDAJFU.

He couldn't but that's by the by.

Yeah, pretty much....although I didn't realise quite how hit and miss he's been until I read his stats after posting. Thought he might fit as a cheap (ish) Puncheon replacement but would rather we looked at promoting the likes of Isgrove and Rowe.

As you were ladies and gents.... (i.e. ignore me) :)

Ipswich fans on twitter (on DE website) saying that Billy Sharp having a medical there today. No idea if this has any credibility but should this be true then my first thought was Aaron Cresswell to us as part of the deal. This could then presage the release of DF to Bolton or whoever (assuming those rumours had any basis in fact). Would be good if true.

If Spurs get Lamela and Eriksen, that would leave them very heavy in the attacking midfield positions (Lennon, Paulinho, Holtby, Townsend, Dembele, Chadli, Sigurdsson).

Reckon we might be in with a shot of getting Gylfi Sigurdsson here - I for one think he'd fit in really well. Hard-working, good passer, scores goals...sign him up!

I've been wondering if it's not been Sinclair and Moses that we've been monitoring, but actually Townsend. Firstly MP has said were keeping and eye on the market, probably waiting to see who might free up given other transfers. Then we have the usually reliable Monk saying that we were looking at a young English player that wasn't Sinclair. OK he changed his mind but given that Sinclair didn't come maybe he was right first time and it was someone else. I seem to remember Townsend's name being mentioned earlier in the summer, although whether that was speculation on here or from a more reliable source I don't remember. He'd also fit the young and English mould.

I've been wondering if it's not been Sinclair and Moses that we've been monitoring, but actually Townsend. Firstly MP has said were keeping and eye on the market, probably waiting to see who might free up given other transfers. Then we have the usually reliable Monk saying that we were looking at a young English player that wasn't Sinclair. OK he changed his mind but given that Sinclair didn't come maybe he was right first time and it was someone else. I seem to remember Townsend's name being mentioned earlier in the summer, although whether that was speculation on here or from a more reliable source I don't remember. He'd also fit the young and English mould.

at.jpeg

So I post something that I am told and it makes me a Bulls*tter! I thought the idea of this forum was to post rumours. I believe I made it clear that I was not saying that I am ITK. It doesn't make you a bad person...just a c**t!

I love rumours they give us something to talk about. Be prepared to be called unreliable at the very least though if every rumour you post turns out to be untrue.

@hypochondriac - That would probably make every one who has ever posted on this site about possible transfers a bull*hitter! Half the fun of this site is to discuss things that we have heard and passing it on. To call someone a bull*hitter because they have posted 3 rumours that has not come off is out of line.

Thank you for the info

@hypochondriac - That would probably make every one who has ever posted on this site about possible transfers a bull*hitter!

Yep pretty much!

Half the fun of this site is to discuss things that we have heard and passing it on

I agree it is. Keep posting your rumours by all means.

To call someone a bull*hitter because they have posted 3 rumours that has not come off is out of line.

If you notice, I said hmm bullsh*tter? as a question because your track record so far strongly suggests you could be.

If you notice, I said hmm bullsh*tter? as a question because your track record so far strongly suggests you could be.

GOD! you are sooo boring and full of your own self importance...

this forum is ruined by 1/2 dozen tw*ts who take it so seriously

the rest of us just want a bit of banter and chat about saints