Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Expect a generic response from MoPo if asked about more signings. (business is done for now)

There are two names that have always been options, club yet to make their mind up if to pursue one and re-attempt another. If the one player, that is English and loves a bit of Rosie does re-ignite, it'll be on our terms not his current club.

I believe the other player is a defender.

Expect a generic response from MoPo if asked about more signings. (business is done for now)

There are two names that have always been options, club yet to make their mind up if to pursue one and re-attempt another. If the one player, that is English and loves a bit of Rosie does re-ignite, it'll be on our terms not his current club.

So two more then potentially? Exciting.

Very subtle Monk. Did you used to write the clues for Ted Rogers on 3-2-1?

Talk Football‏@GoTalkFootball1m

#Saintsfc defender Jos Hooiveld is a target for Derby & Huddersfield.

Yes it´s twitter but actually this guy was very early and spot on regarding what happened in the Osvaldo story with us and Spurs and that he never turned us down even though Daily Star and others ran that story...

Might (and I say might) have legs...

The guy just rehashes what actually people on twitter know - about 2 hours after they've said it

Yep, but probably more expensive given our finances, chairman etc. Everton sell Baines, they move on. Saints sell Shaw and all the ambition, academy team etc looks a bit silly.

Shaw and Morgan would cost what combined? £45m+ in today's climate? I think they'll get Fellaini and Baines cheaper.

Like I said in the ambition thread I honestly think you'll see Everton as a fading force now, I just cant warm to Martinez and dont think he is going to be the man to extend the wonderful work that Moyes has done.

Moyes really did get everything right there, tactics, signing, motivation etc

I was never impressed with Martinez at Wigan TBH, he only ever got them motivated at the end of a season and benefited from playing amoungst some equally dire teams. Kenright wont spend enough to patch up Robertos lack of defensive discipline and Everton are not good enough going forward to get away with it consistantly

He's clearly trying to sign them as he's worked with them in the past.

They'd be a cheaper option as well.

Can't imagine us selling Shaw for anything short of £20m, and same goes for Morgan.

£40m the pair. That price sounds remarkably similar to the one being bandied about for Fellaini and Baines.

Another one that has been linked in the past looks to have found himself a new club

@tancredipalmeri: West Ham have reached an agreement on personal terms with Quagliarella. Now it's up to find a deal with Juventus

But I thought they said they were on the brink of their wage bill limit, David Gold said so himself and we all know he never tells porkies about how restricted they are financially!

Another one that has been linked in the past looks to have found himself a new club

@tancredipalmeri: West Ham have reached an agreement on personal terms with Quagliarella. Now it's up to find a deal with Juventus

I'm quite pleased we went for Osvaldo over Quagliarella. More "wow" factor, younger and a better goalscorer.

Spurs close to signing Willian and Erik Lamela. My God they'll have a good team if those deals go through, and with or without Bale they'll almost definitely be top 4 material if not better this season. They're making their near neighbours look like mugs. Even our first team is close to being better than Arsenal's. Give it a couple of years...

I still think another AM, CB and RB/LB would complete us as a team, and possibly another GK within a year, but if that were to happen it would stall the academy's chances of getting first team action. It'll be interesting to see if any business happens in this last 2 weeks.

Spurs close to signing Willian and Erik Lamela. My God they'll have a good team if those deals go through, and with or without Bale they'll almost definitely be top 4 material if not better this season. They're making their near neighbours look like mugs. Even our first team is close to being better than Arsenal's. Give it a couple of years...

I still think another AM, CB and RB/LB would complete us as a team, and possibly another GK within a year, but if that were to happen it would stall the academy's chances of getting first team action. It'll be interesting to see if any business happens in this last 2 weeks.

the bale deal is going to happen. with Fabio Contrao coming the other way

the bale deal is going to happen. with Fabio Contrao coming the other way

Great business by Spurs. What a team they will have. LOL @ anyone thinking selling Bale was a negative at that price.

Think Spurs just need a top class centre-back to be genuine contenders.

If Spurs add Contraeo, Lamela and Wiilan to Paulinho, Soldado, Chadli etc and what they already have they will finish above Arsenal this year fo-shur

depends if they can score as many match winning goals as Bale did all by himself. Seem to remember that if you took away his goals they got relegated or something like that.

Would say if Arsenal fail to add to their squad and Bale stays Spurs are nailed on for 3rd

or 4th or 5th. No team is nailed on for anything, except Citeh, they'll be top unless Kompany and Nastasic get long term injuries. After that Chelsea and Utd will scrap it out for 2nd and 3rd. Spurs may finish above Liverpool or they may not. If we convert half of the chances that we muffed woefully last season we may be somewhere in the top 6 or 8. Spurs defence didn't look all that all that against Palace the other day.

Edited by Window Cleaner

That's a new one...

Cameroon international Gaeten Bong has confirmed that he has agreed a move to Greek giants Olympiakos from Valenciennes. Sunderland and Southampton were said to be keen on the 25-year-old defender.

Damn! We won't get another chance to base a chant around 'Hits From The Bong' by Cypress Hill.

I said this up the pub last night after training, looking at it I think that Everton could finish bottom half this year, with or without Baines and Fellaini, and that is down to Martinez.

They will most certainly play pretty football, but will be easier to beat this year for sure.

Interesting to know, although our Scouts watch loads of players - good to see we cast the net wide.

I´m curious how the papers know it´s that particular player we´re watching. Dont think the scouts necessarily reveals it so is it guesses, or sources?

For example in that game yesterday it could have been Darida in Plzen as far as I´m concerned....

Victor Moses anyone? Odds have apparently been slashed on us signing him? I know that could simply be down to the fact that more people are betting on it with Punch going out on loan but, young, British, hungry... fits the mould and lets face it, unless a lot of injuries and not including cup games, he wont play this season for them.

My guess is we will see Sinclair or Moses possibly coming in to replace the departed Punch. It's been covered but Punch was one of our best attacking options last season and whilst a few new additions may have put him down the pecking order a little, he could still have done a job for us from the bench this season so IMO we need to replace him. I think we ideally needed another AM before this news of Punch going out. I think it is critical now.

Victor Moses anyone? Odds have apparently been slashed on us signing him? I know that could simply be down to the fact that more people are betting on it with Punch going out on loan but, young, British, hungry... fits the mould and lets face it, unless a lot of injuries and not including cup games, he wont play this season for them.

My guess is we will see Sinclair or Moses possibly coming in to replace the departed Punch. It's been covered but Punch was one of our best attacking options last season and whilst a few new additions may have put him down the pecking order a little, he could still have done a job for us from the bench this season so IMO we need to replace him. I think we ideally needed another AM before this news of Punch going out. I think it is critical now.

Would definitely offer a similar direct threat that Puncheon had, but with a lot more pace and power.