Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Nothing to substantiate this, but the comment on Football Rumours that LB Aaron Cresswell could be coming to Southampton with Billy Sharp moving to Ipswich would seem very attractive if true. A Championship FB regarded as having Prem potential would be the ideal competition or cover for Luke Shaw.

Unfortunately it's on football rumours, so has no substance what so ever. Would be ideal if it were true though.

In a way, we're not in a bad position in terms of bidding for ''young'' FL players. Hammond, Sharp, Fox etc -would all be very attractive to FL teams, so include any of those in a deal would push things on a bit further.

I still think there will be one more in. Apparently a mystery player had a medical the Thursday before Osvaldo signed and it was very hush hush. Listening to Pochettino's comments last week about watching the market I think this transfer is dependant on another club buying someone before letting our target go

I still think there will be one more in. Apparently a mystery player had a medical the Thursday before Osvaldo signed and it was very hush hush. Listening to Pochettino's comments last week about watching the market I think this transfer is dependant on another club buying someone before letting our target go

Or dependent on qualifying for the group stages of the champions league ;)

I see that Duvan Zapata, who was linked with us earlier in the window before being linked with West Ham & QPR has signed for Napoli. Obviously no problems for them getting a work permit! Although moving there, I could see him out on loan for a couple of seasons initially.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8889364/serie-a-napoli-complete-the-signing-of-colombian-striker-duvan-zapata

From The Times.

Arsenal are expected to lodge a fresh £13.5m offer for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye in the next 24 hours. If they fail, the Gunners will turn their attention to Manchester City's Gareth Barry, St Etienne's Josuha Guilavogui or Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin.

So that certainly suggests we are indeed the mystery bidders for Bale ;)

Plus we get to pay ourselves the development fee.

Cash back

;)

From The Times.

Arsenal are expected to lodge a fresh £13.5m offer for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye in the next 24 hours. If they fail, the Gunners will turn their attention to Manchester City's Gareth Barry, St Etienne's Josuha Guilavogui or Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin.

MS would cost Arsenal more than 13.5m quid.

Banega? Cresswell? That Senegalese (?) CB we were linked with a week or two back?

work permit considerations perhaps, getting everything done and dusted so that we could meet the deadline if we could get a permit this week.

amar singh‏@amarjourno 59m

#Tottenham, who may come into a bit of cash soon, are interested in signing Valencia midfielder Ever Banega according to El Mundo

nah they're just every agents go to solution when they're desperately hawking a player about with just a few days of the transfer window remaining. Spurs are paying through the nose for everything that moves, desperately seeking to regain fan approval when they sell Bale. Bale made their season last year, without him they'd have been in the direly dire and nothing has changed. Capoué is bolloaks and Soldado looks like a 30 milion£ penalty king.

You'd have thought Spurs were fully loaded in the central midfield department by now.

amar singh‏@amarjourno1h

Franco Baldini has contacted Banega's agent Marcelo Simonian, according to the report

Think the loss of Will.i.an to Chelsea might be a factor in this. Expect that he'd play an AMC role behind Soldado as they certainly need someone with a bit more creatvity given that Dembele always seems to be crocked. Shame if we miss out on him - we were crying out for someone with his vision and ability to play the killer ball, against Sunderland. Though I don't know how concrete our interest ever was once we signed Big Vic.

Spurs moving for Mata, their first option I would guess. Banega might be the last minute backup if nothing else comes off for them...

I thought Banega wasn't moving cause his club didn't need the money? I do have a feeling we'll be back for him before Monday.....it seems that The Don does not always believe No Means No.

Spurs moving for Mata, their first option I would guess. Banega might be the last minute backup if nothing else comes off for them...

Mata is the best AMC in the Premier Leage IMO, really don't get why Mourinho doesn't appear to rate him. Wondering whether he is on an ego trip and has taken an irrational dislike to him as he is the fans favourite. Would be an incredible coup for Spurs if they pull it off, and as you say, probably just putting the feelers out for Banega to see if anything could be done last-minute.

I saw the Spurs-Banega tweet on the Guardian blog first of all, and they were estimating that it would take a bid of 30m euro to prise him away from Valencia. Weren't reports suggesting we would bid around £7-8 million? Quite a big difference.

Mata is the best AMC in the Premier Leage IMO, really don't get why Mourinho doesn't appear to rate him. Wondering whether he is on an ego trip and has taken an irrational dislike to him as he is the fans favourite. Would be an incredible coup for Spurs if they pull it off, and as you say, probably just putting the feelers out for Banega to see if anything could be done last-minute.

I saw the Spurs-Banega tweet on the Guardian blog first of all, and they were estimating that it would take a bid of 30m euro to prise him away from Valencia. Weren't reports suggesting we would bid around £7-8 million? Quite a big difference.

Mata criticised Mourihno's decisions at Madrid methinks, Casilias perhpas.

If Mata doesnt move he will play eventually, JM always has been a 'build a solid team first' sort of manager and looking at it he believes that his other attacking options have more about them defensively then Mata has.

I do agree though he is an incredible AM and has grown a lot sonce leaving Spain. Very surprised that Jose is looking at AM options when he probably needs a DM and a striker.

Not sure why we're looking at loans (if these recent reports are to be believed). I much prefer our current approach of buying in quality and using our own youth players as back-up if needs be.

Think it through. Rowe reed & Sinclair all look like they could make the grade, but aren't ready yet (example JWP has been much more assertive & effective this season. Chambers is appearing to be "better safe than sorry" and doesn't yet have the confidence or experience of Shaw to bang forward at every opportunity"

The new crop of nippers need SOME game time this year and more development work - so it actually makes a lot of sense to bring in a quality Loan for a season as those kids could be doing the business by next pre-season

amar singh‏@amarjourno1h

Franco Baldini has contacted Banega's agent Marcelo Simonian, according to the report

Think the loss of Will.i.an to Chelsea might be a factor in this. Expect that he'd play an AMC role behind Soldado as they certainly need someone with a bit more creatvity given that Dembele always seems to be crocked. Shame if we miss out on him - we were crying out for someone with his vision and ability to play the killer ball, against Sunderland. Though I don't know how concrete our interest ever was once we signed Big Vic.

For me Sunderland was more a fact of a lack of real movement upfront rather than a killer ball. Lallana, Ramirez and Lambert all good enough to find passes but for me Lambert isnt dynamic enough for our front four

Would imagine Moses will be available. They've now got these all playing for 3 positions....(and that doesn't include Lampard or Ramires who can also play there)

10 Juan Mata

11 Oscar

13 Victor Moses

14 Andre Schurrle

15 Kevin De Bruyne

16 Marco van Ginkel

17 Eden Hazard

Willian

Atsu (if they sign him)

Think it through. Rowe reed & Sinclair all look like they could make the grade, but aren't ready yet (example JWP has been much more assertive & effective this season. Chambers is appearing to be "better safe than sorry" and doesn't yet have the confidence or experience of Shaw to bang forward at every opportunity"

The new crop of nippers need SOME game time this year and more development work - so it actually makes a lot of sense to bring in a quality Loan for a season as those kids could be doing the business by next pre-season

interesting idea, but won't the likes of Chambers only get `some' game time this year with Clyne being first choice?

The other youngsters (Rowe Read and Sinclair) you mentioned also have plenty of other players in front of them already. It's not like we will be relying on them the whole season.

Would imagine Moses will be available. They've now got these all playing for 3 positions....(and that doesn't include Lampard or Ramires who can also play there)

10 Juan Mata

11 Oscar

13 Victor Moses

14 Andre Schurrle

15 Kevin De Bruyne

16 Marco van Ginkel

17 Eden Hazard

Willian

Atsu (if they sign him)

I predict that if Mourinho actually casts aside Mata at least for the season whilst retaining de Bruyne he will regret it. De Bruyne looks a bit lightweight to me when the winter comes and the crunch matches start.

interesting idea, but won't the likes of Chambers only get `some' game time this year with Clyne being first choice?

The other youngsters (Rowe Read and Sinclair) you mentioned also have plenty of other players in front of them already. It's not like we will be relying on them the whole season.

My entire point. All those nippers will get SOME game time this year, odd sub appearances Cup games (maybe Chambers can keep his place of course?!?)

BUT next season they could all be able to play even start 4, 5, 6 games. Then you have your squad depth as they all look capable of being able TDAJFU.

By bringing in a Season long loan now we do not block their progress for next season. The Loan will have to be a hell of a player to force out any of our current MF or Attack options IF they all play to their potential every week, so he becomes the cover, the alternative off the bench (ie what we kinda hoped Mayuka would be this season).

With the squad we now have, we've got good cover, Christ, Fonte has been in the Team of the Week two weeks running and earned a bunch of points on my mate's Fantasy Football and Maya will improve to at least last season's level when he was half decent.

Don't think we need to load too many more into the squad right now on 3 year deals when the kids could be as good or better - unless Banega, Mata or Luiz or Ronaldo come in on a Freebie of course :)

We can always bring someone else in January,

Toccherà vedesse Southampton-Tottenham anche solo pe capì a che minuto Osvaldo sbrocca e je mena a Lamela.

A retweet from Tancredi Palmeri. Any idea what it means..?

I guess just that Southampton v Spurs will be interesting with Osvaldo facing up against Lamela.