Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

The Times, which is pretty cautious mostly, is reporting our and Norwich's interest in Bologna defender Frederik Sorensen. (No link - damned paywall.)

Two top centre backs would make for an excellent summer of transfer activity defensively (depending on whether Fox stays or goes - if he goes we need a new LB) but it would mean that either Jos or Jose would be out the door. Hard to choose which of those to let go though...

Two top centre backs would make for an excellent summer of transfer activity defensively (depending on whether Fox stays or goes - if he goes we need a new LB) but it would mean that either Jos or Jose would be out the door. Hard to choose which of those to let go though...

Is Sorensen really a top defender though? Either way if it means Jos never playing again I'm all for it.

Is Sorensen really a top defender though? Either way if it means Jos never playing again I'm all for it.

It is true that the most effective way for a team to improve is to continue to identify and replace the weakest link, but that does not mean the over the top slagging off of those identified as such. There are a number of posters on here who by the nature of some of their remarks makes others wonder who you actually support.

It is true that the most effective way for a team to improve is to continue to identify and replace the weakest link, but that does not mean the over the top slagging off of those identified as such. There are a number of posters on here who by the nature of some of their remarks makes others wonder who you actually support.

I've nothing against him personally, he comes across as a nice bloke, but I think him and Fox are absolutely hideous footballers at this level.

He is an agent I met at a UEFA conference, seemed to know a lot about the Juve wingers move to Sunderland, Napoli and I believe his partner is involved in the Fulham- Darren Bent deal.

Seemed legit, he had a FIFA licence with him plus an A8 with Italian plates.

Think I may of jumped the gun abit, maybe it was Osvaldo nto Damiao but does our Pablo have any third party issues?

Can't see them both playing...Bent will probably be Berba's backup.

Laziest team award must go to them with half their team over 32 and having Berba, Bent, Taarabt...

Could be contenders for Europa League.*

*if they replace Fairplay with a 'Sulk & Strop' qualification

Seriously though, why is no one in for Ronaldinho? Think he's out of contract in the next few months and is still a beast

VJqCdmk.gif

Only club I've heard linked is Fenerbahce.

He is enjoying being a hero in his home country. With his career winding down why would he leave?

Could've said the same about Del Piero. Be a great way to finish his career, playing in the prem and would make our profile explode.

A subtle difference that Del Piero would still need to be at full tilt in his own homeland. In Australia any decline in ability will mean nothing, just like with Ronaldinho in his native Brazil. can't compare Serie A with the A league.

A subtle difference that Del Piero would still need to be at full tilt in his own homeland. In Australia any decline in ability will mean nothing, just like with Ronaldinho in his native Brazil. can't compare Serie A with the A league.

I really couldn't see it being any harder then getting in Damiao or Osvaldo, granted we've signed neither yet but you get my point.

Just generally in terms of signing him, I think it'd be an easier deal to pull off. The guy's a footballing god and would work a treat in our system. But meh, I'm sure I'll cope with Osvaldo.

He may only be 33, but no. He's not the man he was at Barcelona. A colleague of mine in Brazil supports Mineiro and he loves him, yet, he is loving life back in Brazil... to move away again would be totally bizarre. He has reinvigorated himself by going home. He can earn millions there and be a hero. It makes no sense for him to leave, especially when he has essentially nothing to prove.

And yes: I also would be happy to 'cope' with Osvaldo! haha.

I imagine Harry still think QPR aren't favourites despite adding another premier league player. Never known a manager need so much quality to achieve so little.

So if you were in his position and TF was agreeing to spend money you wouldnt be taking him up on the offer and filling the team with players who personally I think are going to do v well in the NPC ?

I imagine Harry still think QPR aren't favourites despite adding another premier league player. Never known a manager need so much quality to achieve so little.

He is looking for the Pompey equivalent of Paul Merson - Parker is a very good signing for QPR.

However with that team even I could get QPR promoted.