Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Do you think we will sign a defender before the end of the window? If it's a winger my guess would be scott sinclair.

He would certainly be a signing Id be interested in, or even Ince. Isgrove is a good little winger though, keep an eye on him.

CB, I dont think we are desperate, but yeah it would put my mind at rest. I like Lovren snd Yoshi but if you get anywhere near fielding Jos again we might be in trouble.

Do you think we will sign a defender before the end of the window? If it's a winger my guess would be scott sinclair.

Didn't discuss defenders with my contact, so I don't know, i think you may be right though, perhaps SS but maybe another option.

Love the method behind our targets and signings to be honest, looking back on last year you can see what we're doing. Steady, and structured. No rush jobs.

Last year was all about buying bright young talent who have the potential to be international and top flight players.

This year it's all about buying proven top level, international and European class players.

Next year.........?

Love the method behind our targets and signings to be honest, looking back on last year you can see what we're doing. Steady, and structured. No rush jobs.

Last year was all about buying bright young talent who have the potential to be international and top flight players.

This year it's all about buying proven top level, international and European class players.

Next year.........?

Messi :-)

If it's a loan, i'd expect it to be someone like Sinclair. As long as whoever it is, it's a loan with an option to buy, I'll be happy.

Wonder what he's on at City?

Bet he's on something ridiculous. The City/Sinclair thing is like a bigger version of the Saints/Sharp scenario.

It was clear what City were doing when they decided to splash the $$$ on Rodwell and Sinclair. I don't think they had the intention of playing either regularly.

It was just so they could keep the FA Happy with their English player allocation - I think they panicked.

Wonder what he's on at City?

Bet he's on something ridiculous. The City/Sinclair thing is like a bigger version of the Saints/Sharp scenario.

Lescott said earlier in the summer that he'd take a pay cut to go somewhere else and play regular first team football. I would hope that Sinclair would do something as sensible too.

It was clear what City were doing when they decided to splash the $$$ on Rodwell and Sinclair. I don't think they had the intention of playing either regularly.

It was just so they could keep the FA Happy with their English player allocation - I think they panicked.

Rodwells a decent player, he will play, Sinclair ? Yeah your right I suspect, same as signing Richard Wright

That's why they signed Richard Wright,never any intention of playing him but will take up a allocation of English player

Think Utd will probably get their men in the end, and then we'll have a real chance of finishing about Everton this year.

First thing that came to my mind when I saw that news reported this morning too. Been a lot of talk about top 8 being a realistic aim, but I think 7th is up for grabs this season too. Everton going through a transitional period with a change in manager, so if they were to lose arguably their 2 best players that would definitely be good news for the likes of ourselves, Swansea, West Ham...etc

Man U having a £28 mill bid for Fellaini smells of desperation imo

They clearly wanted Fabregas and they have no chance of getting him,so Fellaini is 2nd choice but considering he has a buyout clause for £23mill that expired July 31st shows they are going to panic buy and get there pants pulled down at the same time

EDIT. just seen its a joint bid for both LOL,Moyes would be furious if when Everton manager SAF put in a bid for them,you wil need to stick at least another £15-20 mill on that I reckon

Edited by pangy

Personally hope we're done. Thought 3 players would be enough and didn't expect the level we've brought in. Good set of players, good spirit, wouldn't disrupt it now, just see how it's going in January.

UNLESS a brilliant CB to partner Lovren becomes available.

Suppose we could slap in a cheeky bid for Baines, that'd piss Moyes off

Rumour Everton will pay 15m for McCarthy if they lose Fellaini. He looked alright, but that's a lot and ANOTHER Wigan player. Everton would be severely weakened, Baines and Fellaini really hold that team together.

imagine us losing morgan and shaw in one window

:scared:

imagine us losing morgan and shaw in one window

:scared:

:scared: Singularly, I'd rather lose Shaw than Morgan, as Morgan's the heartbeat and even with rose tinted specs on, Shaw is too good for us. However losing Morgan would leave us Wanyama and Cork, which is OK, whereas losing Shaw would leave us with Fox.

OK, I'm glad we're keeping them both. I can't imagine what Everton fans would feel if they lost both. They'd be extremely weakened and would go on to be just another mid-table team.

I think we're pretty much sorted personally. In midfield we've already got to chose between Morgan, Wanyama and Cork. Up front it's pick 4 from Lambert, Ossie, JRod, Gaston, Lallana, Punch, JWP, Davis and Guly (wouldn't be surprised if the latter left).

Maybe I'd take a LB if Fox left but I doubt we will find someone better willing to sit on the bench and watch Shaw. I'm happy with our CBs too, although I would take another if Jos or Jose left.

Be interesting to see if Micah Richards plays for City tonight. Would love to see him come in. I know, I know I'm being greedy, but after the last three transfers anything is possible!

Not sure where he'd play?

He's a right back for me, we're well and truly covered there.

Talk Football‏@GoTalkFootball1m

#Saintsfc defender Jos Hooiveld is a target for Derby & Huddersfield.

Yes it´s twitter but actually this guy was very early and spot on regarding what happened in the Osvaldo story with us and Spurs and that he never turned us down even though Daily Star and others ran that story...

Might (and I say might) have legs...

wouldn't united be better off signing Shaw and Morgan?

He's clearly trying to sign them as he's worked with them in the past.

They'd be a cheaper option as well.

Can't imagine us selling Shaw for anything short of £20m, and same goes for Morgan.