Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Victor Moses anyone? .

Good player,would certainly offer an attacking threat.

But another player called Victor ? Like buses really, none for as long as I can remember at Saints then two of them come along together...

Think Sinclair more likely.

I´m curious how the papers know it´s that particular player we´re watching. Dont think the scouts necessarily reveals it so is it guesses, or sources?

For example in that game yesterday it could have been Darida in Plzen as far as I´m concerned....

Well I guess that you've made an educated guess with Darida, which is no different to their guess that it's cvijanovic.

The link to Victor Moses gets me more excited than Scott Sinclair - Sinclair is more of a goalscoring midfielder but Moses is more creative. Either would be a good addition, but I'd rather see Moses, or both(!), here.

I see Luke Shaw getting some attention over at redcafe.net. To be fair to the majority on the thread discussing him.. they seem pretty keen on him but aware it will be difficult to prise him away from Saints. I think Luke is doing the right thing. Stay and play for another 2 seasons and then the world is his oyster.

Link if anyone is as bored as me and reading other teams forums: http://www.redcafe.net/threads/luke-shaw.364312/page-2

Looks like Sinclair will be joining WBA on loan before this weekend. Personally I am pleased with that - ever since he was linked at the back end of last season I had my concerns.

Lets see what the club have lined up - there were suggestions there may be an attacking midfielder coming in before Puncheon went on loan. Now I think it is a certainty.

Moses would be a great shout, I'd expect to see him go out on loan somewhere so why not here?

I also wonder if we might try one last sniff for Banega or another defender like Alderweid

Time will tell, won't be gutted if we don't as still been the best summer I can remember for quality signings

Looks like Sinclair will be joining WBA on loan before this weekend. Personally I am pleased with that - ever since he was linked at the back end of last season I had my concerns.

Lets see what the club have lined up - there were suggestions there may be an attacking midfielder coming in before Puncheon went on loan. Now I think it is a certainty.

If that's true I sincerely hope we renew our Banega interest. Would be a top signing in the same vein as those we've already brought in. We were told, and have been shown this summer, that we're only after new signings if they're better than what we have. With Sinclair that was questionable, with Banega it would seemingly be true. I trust the Guvnor though.

Sinclair would still be a good signing, I just wonder whether the management has something impressive up their sleeve.

Can anyone remember why the Banega trail went cold a few weeks ago? Was it just that there was no more talk about it in the press (which could be a good thing) or was there a quote from the Banega or Valencia camp that poured cold water on it?

Can anyone remember why the Banega trail went cold a few weeks ago? Was it just that there was no more talk about it in the press (which could be a good thing) or was there a quote from the Banega or Valencia camp that poured cold water on it?

Not sure but Adam Blackmore tweeted that he thought that ship had sailed a couple of weeks back!

No real comments regarding us and him but he was interviewed on their OS (I think) and stated that he was happy there and wanted to stay. All very standard imo.

I'm not convinced by Moses. Chelsea would want to recoup what they paid for him (around 9m), and his goals and assists stats aren't great, 10 and 4 last season in all competitions, mostly in the CC. Only 6 and 1 the season before that.

Pace and power, little end product.

I'm not convinced by Moses. Chelsea would want to recoup what they paid for him (around 9m), and his goals and assists stats aren't great, 10 and 4 last season in all competitions, mostly in the CC. Only 6 and 1 the season before that.

I agree, think his delivering of the ball is awful....

Thorpie is correct. Adam Blackmore tweeted about it.

I'd assume we were interested, but Valencia wanted too much money.

Makes me wonder who is in line for Puncheon and why... Those are three qualities he has in abundance as a substitute. I hope we have someone good lined up, seems a little daft to send out a dependable player if not.

For what it's worth I rate Scott Sinclair, but I sense it will take him 6 months to reach Puncheons current standard and fitness levels.

Same with Sinclair.

Both remind me of Shaun Wright-Phillips, quick and nimble but a lot of the time nothing at the end of it.

Sinclair always played on the left side for Swansea, so is he the natural replacement for Puncheon anyway?

I actually think both a wide left and right midfielder would be nice (one someone capable of switching) as all the current options we have actually prefer playing more centrally (Lallana, Cork, Ramirez, Rodriguez, Guly, JWP). They all can do a job, but I don't see JWP as the answer to our RM needs at all.

Same with Sinclair.

Both remind me of Shaun Wright-Phillips, quick and nimble but a lot of the time nothing at the end of it.

I don't think Sinclair is the same sort of player as SWP. SWP is like a headless chicken, whilst Sinclair seemed much more composed at Swansea.

Edited by Chez

I'm not entirely sure we need a wide player now - and perhaps the right targets aren't available.

Lallana

Rodriguez

Ramirez

Guly

Mayuka

Osvaldo

JWP

S.Davis

Lambert

All can play in attacking midfield. We don't play with wingers any more, because of the overlapping play from the full-backs. I think those options are more than good enough tbh.

According to SSN, Anelka has walked out of training at WBA and told staff he's retiring.

What a signing he turned out be for them

Seriously?! HA HA!

It is believed Anelka may have experienced a recent tragedy in his personal life and talks to find an amicable solution with the club have so far failed. There is no suggestion of a bust-up.

Seems like things have just conspired against them. If true, pretty poor from West Brom - i'm sure he'd pay back any signing on fee if this were true.

Some guy who writes for the Birmingham mail says WBA have given him compassionate leave as his agent has died and he has not retired after all.

certainly no confirmation of that in France just yet, if claude Anelka had in fact died it would be all over L'Equipe and it isn't as yet.

Probably WBA trying to save face that their star signing has in fact blown them out cos they're crap.

certainly no confirmation of that in France just yet, if claude Anelka had in fact died it would be all over L'Equipe and it isn't as yet.

Probably WBA trying to save face that their star signing has in fact blown them out cos they're crap.

Apparently Anelka has more than one person representing him according to the Birmingham mail journalist. The agent that died is named Eric Manasse.

so's Anelka tbf

Or cos he's crap. Been poor for a while now.

Matt Phillips Signs for QPR

He's kind of fallen away in the last year or so, lots of injuries - and band ones at that. Ince has surpassed him in many aspects.

Decent signing for QPR, but have the feeling that Phillips is only ever going to be a lower league level player.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Ince now. Both he & Phillips had 1 year options picked up on their contracts at the end of last season.

Good signing for them, not good enough for us, ince on the other hand could be a good investment

Will be interesting to see what happens with Ince now. Both he & Phillips had 1 year options picked up on their contracts at the end of last season.

listening to Ince he seems to want a club that will ensure he gets plenty of game time, is going to take his career forward and possibly located near to where he is now to ensure his family life is settled.

Nothing to substantiate this, but the comment on Football Rumours that LB Aaron Cresswell could be coming to Southampton with Billy Sharp moving to Ipswich would seem very attractive if true. A Championship FB regarded as having Prem potential would be the ideal competition or cover for Luke Shaw.