Cortese 'Considering his position'

The Commodore

Do You Want Cortese to Stay?  

630 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Cortese to Stay?

Thats because its a vacuous dull question which you repeat ad nauseam. Heres how it would go - I list a number of Chairmen from various clubs who I think have done okay - some things well some things poorly, and then you pick one or two from the list and you argue the toss about the relative merits of somebody you know very little about and have never met. I'd rather be drowning puppies.

Who has done an excellent job then? Surely you can answer that? By your standards, pretty much everyone would have done an average job.

how did yo do that bob? I edit post then you come back 2 hours later with original datas! Is witchcrafts?

I has the voodoo? who do? I do!!

Actually I received your original reply by email then noticed you'd edited your reply on the forum so I thought I'd shame you, yo..

Thats because its a vacuous dull question which you repeat ad nauseam. Heres how it would go - I list a number of Chairmen from various clubs who I think have done okay - some things well some things poorly, and then you pick one or two from the list and you argue the toss about the relative merits of somebody you know very little about and have never met. I'd rather be drowning puppies.

Personally I wonder if he keeps asking this vacous dull question as you keep saying that NC has done an average job like X amounts of average CEO's who you cannot name or quantify. You also keep ignoring the fact that from a primary role POV he has done exceptionally well, both on and off the pitch in a footballing sense and basically ignore this in order to talk absolute dross about the fact he hasnt got the right pastry around his sausage rolls.

There isnt really much point discussing anything with Docker P either, looking at his recent posts gives you an insight of his perspective in this arguement and seemingly he carries the same agenda as yourself.

Shhh. This is a secret so don't tell everyone. Maybe QPR are going down because they didn't play as good football as everyone else.

And could that be because the people running QPR made poor managerial appointments and poor player recruitment? Something Cortese has done very well!

Who has done an excellent job then? Surely you can answer that? By your standards, pretty much everyone would have done an average job.

Using Timothy's standards, I have done a little bit of research. It turns out both Bolton and Blackburn have some of the best pies in English football atm and at reasonable prices, Im not sure how they stack up from a hospitality POV though, obviously this is a vitaly important aspect to ANY top flight sporting outlet and matters more than anything else.

Obviously they arent that good at football and in BBurns case the sporting side of the club is in an absolute shambles but lets face it thats not really a priority and their pies are basically proving what a fantastic CEO Shebby is, one I would be proud to have if that underachieving devil worshipper NC finally leaves.

I has the voodoo? who do? I do!!

Actually I received your original reply by email then noticed you'd edited your reply on the forum so I thought I'd shame you, yo..

who emails you my postings! And more important why is they doing this! Do they do it for all my postings or just the mysogonist ones? Either way must be v.annoying!

Personally I wonder if he keeps asking this vacous dull question as you keep saying that NC has done an average job like X amounts of average CEO's who you cannot name or quantify. You also keep ignoring the fact that from a primary role POV he has done exceptionally well, both on and off the pitch in a footballing sense and basically ignore this in order to talk absolute dross about the fact he hasnt got the right pastry around his sausage rolls.

There isnt really much point discussing anything with Docker P either, looking at his recent posts gives you an insight of his perspective in this argument and seemingly he carries the same agenda as yourself.

Its up to you if you want to attribute all the plaudits for the teams performance the last few years to Cortese. Its weird, buts it up to you. Most people don't have Delia down as personally responsible for promotion, but each to their own.

IMO NA got Saints promoted, largely despite and not because of Cortese's presence. Ramirez, Mayuka, Forren - £20m spent on players who barely played in a season where we were desperate for more quality and nearly got relegated. National and local press alienated. Contractors walking off site at Staplewood. A string of staff walking out. Long contracts given to players who are already nearly past it. To be frank Im embarrassed for you in your cult of personality worship.

Edited by buctootim

Using Timothy's standards, I have done a little bit of research. It turns out both Bolton and Blackburn have some of the best pies in English football atm and at reasonable prices, Im not sure how they stack up from a hospitality POV though, obviously this is a vitaly important aspect to ANY top flight sporting outlet and matters more than anything else.

Obviously they arent that good at football and in BBurns case the sporting side of the club is in an absolute shambles but lets face it thats not really a priority and their pies are basically proving what a fantastic CEO Shebby is, one I would be proud to have if that underachieving devil worshipper NC finally leaves.

Thier local media relations are some of the best in the land and something we should be aspiring to really.

Cortese could drag his average to poor fans rating up to good if he stopped focusing on what's happening on the pitch and focus more on people liking him.

who emails you my postings! And more important why is they doing this! Do they do it for all my postings or just the mysogonist ones? Either way must be v.annoying!

Ah, that's where the "subcribe to thread" option comes in handy, don't have to keep checking every 5 seconds if someone has decided to reply to something.

I'm not stalking you Bears, not yet anyway, not until I've found that you *DO* actually **** in a wood..

Its up to you if you want to attribute all the plaudits for the teams performance the last few years to Cortese. Its weird, buts it up to you. Most people don't have Delia down as personally responsible for promotion, but each to their own.

IMO NA got Saints promoted, largely despite and not because of Cortese's presence. Ramirez, Mayuka, Forren - £20m spent on players who barely played in a season where we were desperate for more quality and nearly got relegated. National and local press alienated. Contractors walking off site at Staplewood. A string of staff walking out. Long contracts given to players who are already nearly past it. To be frank Im embarrassed for you in your cult of personality worship.

Lambert, Cork, Clyne, Puncheon, Yoshida, Rodriguez to name a few...players who have massively contributed to our success this season and in former seasons. All signed under Cortese. Strange that you would accuse others of only attributing on field success to Cortese when you only attribute our "bad" signings to him. Ramirez is a quality player btw.

With each post on this subject, you look more and more like a mug pal.

Maybe your little email exchange with the Liebherrs has gone to your head

:lol:

I have not whitewashed over his little misdemeanors, in fact I know full well what he can be like having done work FOR Saints at Staplewood (which also places me in a decent position to know the goings on down there). I couldnt give a toss about the mail TBH, its an odeous little rag that only has itself to blame for being alienated, as per the national press, yup definate PR gaffe which embarrassed me at the time, still, he climbed down from that one.

As per staff and contractors walking out, Im sure you can back that up right ? I know plenty of people that work there and are still working there despite the almost unbearable working conditions *sigh* We didnt really nearly get relegated did we ? And it was always going to be a fight. As for the player recruitment, Mayuka aside Im happy, Ramirez has quality as does Forren from what I hear, plus Boruc, Davis, J Rod, Clyne and Yoshi were not bad but lets ignore them as they dont support the arguement do they ?!

As per promotion, NC got rid of Pardew who no longer wanted to be here, hired NA, gave him certain players to achieve his aims, lets face it, NA signings of N'Guessan and forte etc where hardly inspiring. Of course it isnt all about NC but looking at it from a whole he was the catalyst to where we are now, it wouldnt have evolved where it not for him, well, probably not.

Hero worship ? No, I see plenty of bad points in his tenure, the whole NI incident was pathetic, but I am thankful he is here, no hidden agenda here, Ive seen first hand what sort of man he is, but also understand that his ambition and the fact he has achieved everything he has promised is rare. Personally I think you have a very serious issue, either that or your just not very bright, the fact you cannot see any good in what he achieved is madness and frankly I am embarrassed that I am still argueing with someone who has such a clear lack of perspective and is incapable of backing up an arguement.

Personally I think your just trolling, as if you genuinely believe the carp you are writing on here then I suggest you look into more fitting sports, like knitting.

this whole thread seems based on a press report with no foundation at all if this was a story, it would have been all over sky sports today,just a bit of lazy paper crap

Don't ruin their fun with a sensible comment like this!

IMO if we did not have a ruthless chairman like NC we would have kept NA and certainly gone down

The. Club is moving forward and whilst some of the decisions he has made has been unfortunate, they have been made to make the club successful . I truly hope NC stays and takes us to glories we could only dream of 5 years ago

IMO if we did not have a ruthless chairman like NC we would have kept NA and certainly gone down

Obviously we would not have "certainly gone down".

I'll file this alongside the rest of the consistent horsecra p you post on this forum.

The. Club is moving forward and whilst some of the decisions he has made has been unfortunate, they have been made to make the club successful . I truly hope NC stays and takes us to glories we could only dream of 5 years ago

Absolute rubbish

Take you're head out of you're backside.

Ridiculous.

There are two things poles apart, Cortese is a bloody difficult taskmaster and very demanding. He has done a very successful job here. You don't have to like him but I sure as hell appreciate where we are now.

This is nothing more than a knob-waving contest between Cortese and the Liebherr estate.

Whoever has the biggest knob will win.

If that's right then nc is gone. The liebherrs are massive, nc isn't.

Lambert, Cork, Clyne, Puncheon, Yoshida, Rodriguez to name a few...players who have massively contributed to our success this season and in former seasons. All signed under Cortese. Strange that you would accuse others of only attributing on field success to Cortese when you only attribute our "bad" signings to him. Ramirez is a quality player btw.

With each post on this subject, you look more and more like a mug pal.

Maybe your little email exchange with the Liebherrs has gone to your head

:lol:

Oh yeah, that bs one he claims he had.

why is that, who bought in hughes, redknapp, sanctioned signing Samba for £10m on £100k a week wages

I dont even think you are a saints fan as you have no idea that we had a fan on the board a few years back. his name is Leon Crouch and that worked out brilliantly

Hew Jenkins was a lifelong Swansea fan before helping to save them before steering them through the leagues. Not bad for a man earning £200,000 a year.

Thier local media relations are some of the best in the land and something we should be aspiring to really.

Cortese could drag his average to poor fans rating up to good if he stopped focusing on what's happening on the pitch and focus more on people liking him.

Poor fan rating ? Check the poll results will you.

well said.

So aside from all the infighting and internet warrior crap on this thread does anyone have any more news on if NC is leaving or staying or whats going on?

Behave yourself. I'm sure we've all learned a great deal about the situation from these 23 pages of solid gold.

Its not a great likeness but the proportions are bang on. You should get three and pass a couple on to DD and Dig Dig for the Appreciation Club meets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CAPODIMONTE-CHARACTER-DOLL-BOY-4-BUST-CORTESE-/110104561161

You are just mugging yourself off pal. You were a forum nobody before this thread and will be after its gone. Absolutely clueless pal.