Alex Crook

Saint Charlie

12m euros, are you sure?

The Lyon website said this...

"L’Olympique Lyonnais informe du transfert de l’international croate Dejan Lovren au club anglais de Southampton pour un montant de 10 M€ dont un maximum de 2 M€ d’incentives, réalisant ainsi une plus-value significative sur le deuxième semestre 2012/2013."

My French isn't any good, but isn't that €10m plus €2m of extras probably depending on appearances etc? So upto €12m in total potentially.

Edited by Matthew Le God

The Lyon website said this...

"L’Olympique Lyonnais informe du transfert de l’international croate Dejan Lovren au club anglais de Southampton pour un montant de 10 M€ dont un maximum de 2 M€ d’incentives, réalisant ainsi une plus-value significative sur le deuxième semestre 2012/2013."

That says his joined for 10m euros maximum with 2m of the fee made up from incentives, Lyon were resilient in negotiating this significant transfer fee.

The fee was 10m euros.

HTH. mr wrong.

Edited by Turkish

Are you 100% sure that says the €2m is included within the €10m and not on top of it? I don't know as only have poor website translations to rely on.

100% sure. I speak French mate.

All other reports said that the fee was £6.8-£8.5m. Which confirms this as some would have included the add ones in the total fee, others not.

In any case at €10m it is still a significant signing and I was responding to this question...

But is it really "flexing our financial muscle?" After all the hype, if this ends up being our biggest spend this summer, there will be a lot of disappointed mini-alpines on here.

• 8 years later...

How does one even get a job like his? Do you start off by making some dead cert claims on Twitter and then gain a reputation once they all come off, get a cushty job at a lowly reputable radio station and then just throw a load shit, some sticks, the others, well it was all the source’s fault!

I bet he’s on a fair wedge to, to create a few false rumours.

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

I've only been blocked by two 'journalists' (sic) on Twitter... Crook and Factless Allen. If that's not a badge of honour I don't know what is. 

Crook blocked me as well after I reminded him about saying saints had no interest in Charlie Austin the day before he signed 

4 hours ago, trousers said:

I've only been blocked by two 'journalists' (sic) on Twitter... Crook and Factless Allen. If that's not a badge of honour I don't know what is. 

That made me laugh unreasonably loudly!

I'd back Pilchards and his tree and his builder more than those two. Probably more literate as well..

Talksport have the tackiest of journalists and pundits on their station.  The only qualification you need to work there, is to be able to promote the station by saying ‘exclusively on talksport’ every 5 mins.

if they get a story right they will say ‘we broke the story first.’

if they get a story wrong ‘the source had informed us.’

The Infinite Monkey Theorem.

This states  something like....if you give 100 monkeys (Chimps) 1000 typewriters over an infinite amount of time, to hit the keys randomly there is a reasonable probability that sooner or later one of them will write the complete works of William Shakespeare. 

I don't "indulge" in Talksport and have no idea who this Crook fella is, but based upon the posts above this might be one of his efforts....

"Flimdim, bus stop whim, alligator, wiffle piffle Talksport, moon balloon Diego Mara doner kebab Chelsea bun blah blah Talksport smackaRooney for Aguero Bolero Paul McCartney and Wings Mings Villa and Ings probably not What? Hot off the press horses for courses got sources Adams Armstrong Adam Armstrong Stuart Armstrong Che Adams Stretch Armstrong, ITK RAC Talksport. Boom! Told you so."   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

The Infinite Monkey Theorem.

This states  something like....if you give 100 monkeys (Chimps) 1000 typewriters over an infinite amount of time, to hit the keys randomly there is a reasonable probability that sooner or later one of them will write the complete works of William Shakespeare. 

I don't "indulge" in Talksport and have no idea who this Crook fella is, but based upon the posts above this might be one of his efforts....

"Flimdim, bus stop whim, alligator, wiffle piffle Talksport, moon balloon Diego Mara doner kebab Chelsea bun blah blah Talksport smackaRooney for Aguero Bolero Paul McCartney and Wings Mings Villa and Ings probably not What? Hot off the press horses for courses got sources Adams Armstrong Adam Armstrong Stuart Armstrong Che Adams Stretch Armstrong, ITK RAC Talksport. Boom! Told you so."   

Did the monkeys write this post?

On 27/11/2021 at 09:48, trousers said:

Exactly the same as me.

Allen didn’t want a fair debate when it came to me questioning him on Portsmouth’s finances ten years ago.

Crook was about four months ago for bringing up Ings imminent contract renewal after he signed for Aston Villa.

Bellends. 😂

• 1 year later...