Sort this site out

Batman

I don't quite understand how some people have the time or inclination to build their WUM personas and spam nearly every thread on the main board. Have they really got nothing else to do with their lives?

More to the point, don't they work? In fairness, if I had a job that involved staring into a computer all day I'd probably become a WUM too.

Cry me a river delldays! Its a football forum for people to post opinions..... Just because you dont like a poster or dont like their opinion they should be banned?

There is a group of posters "rat pack" (smirking saint, batman, saint cark, saint charlie, saint garrett, adriansfc, olallana) that are literally obsessed with another group "wums" (glasgow, alpine, barry, unbelievable jeff, 110%, turkish) its this obsession that ruins every thread.

I for example can post anything on any thread and like magic 4-5 of the rat pack turn up and try to cyber bulling me.

Well said. Some people take this forum far too seriously. There's f**k all Saints news to talk about anyway.

My personal perspective on the situation.

This is not an uncommon phenomena. Many posters hark back to a time when this site (and it's previous incarnations) were convivial places to be with perfectly crafted prose describing the intricacies of our formation, I simply don't believe it was ever like this. It was exactly the same last year during the close season and rapidly improved when the season started.

Steve will probably be able to provide the stats but I'd imagine that the posting levels are way down during the Summer months, thus making our more 'active' members more visible. Ultimately the site is a community and whilst us mods do what we can, you ultimately get the forum that you create. The rules are fairly simple:

- Debate Saints on the Main Board

- Discuss Pompey and The latest crap from The Daily Mail in the Lounge

- Discuss whatever you want that doesn't fit elsewhere in TMS

We'll move or delete stuff accordingly. What I would say to anyone hacked off by certain posters, ignore them - there are equally as many posts complaining about people derailing threads which guess what, further derails the thread.

This forum mirrors society, lots of different folk on here - bound together by a common love of Saints, we ain't going to agree on everything.

I suggest that the mods have the power to transfer........(free transfer)......:rolleyes:

certain idiots to other football clubs forums:lol:....ie to Pompey or even Naaaaarwich:p

This will hopefully include the idiots who use too many crayons on their post:D

My agent is speaking to mods on the Man Utd supporters forum as we speak:smug:

ottery ...you are as bad as some of the real idiots..WUM Trolls:scared:

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

My personal perspective on the situation.

This is not an uncommon phenomena. Many posters hark back to a time when this site (and it's previous incarnations) were convivial places to be with perfectly crafted prose describing the intricacies of our formation, I simply don't believe it was ever like this. It was exactly the same last year during the close season and rapidly improved when the season started.

Steve will probably be able to provide the stats but I'd imagine that the posting levels are way down during the Summer months, thus making our more 'active' members more visible. Ultimately the site is a community and whilst us mods do what we can, you ultimately get the forum that you create. The rules are fairly simple:

- Debate Saints on the Main Board

- Discuss Pompey and The latest crap from The Daily Mail in the Lounge

- Discuss whatever you want that doesn't fit elsewhere in TMS

We'll move or delete stuff accordingly. What I would say to anyone hacked off by certain posters, ignore them - there are equally as many posts complaining about people derailing threads which guess what, further derails the thread.

This forum mirrors society, lots of different folk on here - bound together by a common love of Saints, we ain't going to agree on everything.

Problem with that is the debate never really gets going due to the thread becoming de railed BTW how do I go about becoming a registered user and not a full member? Only started paying as I thought it was a good place to debate and catch up on info but that's not the case anymore

It is worse in the closed season TBF

Its not difficult to see the real tedious WUMs. As much as I think Dune can go into troll mode he does speak relevant stuff from time to time, Unbelievable Jeff seems ok, Dalek is pretty harmless, Turks just highlights some of the idiocy on here, hell even alpine can speak sense, he just cant actually debate and bangs the same drum but they do offer something so I dont have any on ignore

There are a couple that think they are amusing (they're not) and add absolutely nothing.

Just try not to bite and they'll get bored, its pretty obvious trolling at times.

Sorry to disagree SM but its not well said at all - just a continuation of the same old ******s but with a bit of reverse psychology thrown in for good measure. IMHO
Its just a football forum at the end of the day. Have there been that many serious threads where no decent discussion has taken place due to "WUMs/Trolls" etc? You might just be noticing it more now as there's is very little news to actually read.

Cry me a river delldays! Its a football forum for people to post opinions..... Just because you dont like a poster or dont like their opinion they should be banned?

There is a group of posters "rat pack" (smirking saint, batman, saint cark, saint charlie, saint garrett, adriansfc, olallana) that are literally obsessed with another group "wums" (glasgow, alpine, barry, unbelievable jeff, 110%, turkish) its this obsession that ruins every thread.

I for example can post anything on any thread and like magic 4-5 of the rat pack turn up and try to cyber bulling me.

Perfectly sums up most threads. Its getting very boring.

Whatever happened to Baj? I don't think he even liked football. Does he still own the site?

And this is the problem, the people who own & run this site have other priorities now, they just don't care any more, this is just a money maker for them. And that's fair enough, people move on, people want to make money, absolutely fine. but their obvious lack of interest is slowly killing this site, I've said before they need to hand over the reigns to some people who do still care.

Clearly the site is going to reflect football supporters. Football supporters come in all shapes and sizes and have differing opinions. One poster's wum is another posters "good laugh". Some people will be attracted to the serious type discussion and others to the frivolous. You not going to be able to please everyone and a balance is pretty hard to reach.

Personally, I like discussing music politics and other stuff with football supporters ie pretty normal blokes who aren't obsessed with the subjects, but have an opinion , often different. I would imagine a political or musical forum would be too serious, so enjoy a bit of chat on here. When it comes to football discussion I prefer memories, help (ie best pub) and the occasional moan. I'm not really bothered with in depth tactical or serious talk. But that's just me. I find some of the Muppets funny and others not so. If a thread gets boring I stop reading it.

For the price of a pint and a half a year, I think its worth it. At the end of the day, how on earth can the mods please everyone who signs up? Because we all want different things out of the forum. When you look at some of the others around not606 for example , its just like a load of mates on Facebook all pressing the like button and having one big love in. This sites nowhere near perfect, but its not as bad as some make out. Why let people get to you, they dont know you, you dont know them. Put them on ignore and move on.

I hope you don't believe that Glasgow. I disagree with your interpretation of the forum dynamics. You don't get bullied, and rarely do you contribute constructively.

Firstly, you do Alpine a disservice by associating him with the genuine trolls. He has real opinions, and argues them genuinely. He doesn't set out with the objective of antagonising; that's an accidentally consequence, not his intention.

Secondly, the 'rat pack' you describe are just a collection of decent posters, they all have interesting and varied opinions. They don't cyber bully the trolls, they just, rightly, react negatively to deliberate trolling. Blaming them for wreaking threads is akin to a criminal blaming a copper for rising crime.

Remove alpine from your WUM list, then ban the remaining 2 or 3 out and out trolls who contribute nothing constructive. Problem solved.

It is always worse over the summer and there are always threads complaining at about this time. Glasgow and Barry will become less visible once the season starts and then people can get annoyed at me instead who is an actual fan of the club. IMO Barry and Glasgow should be banned as they do nothing but post WUM comments that mostly have nothing to do with football.

on thing that is prevelant on here and always makes me laugh whatever the mongboard are when people accuse others of bullying them. its embarassing that adults are grizzling into their keyboards about abit of light hearted p*ss taking on an internet forum.

I hope you don't believe that Glasgow. I disagree with your interpretation of the forum dynamics. You don't get bullied, and rarely do you contribute constructively.

Firstly, you do Alpine a disservice by associating him with the genuine trolls. He has real opinions, and argues them genuinely. He doesn't set out with the objective of antagonising; that's an accidentally consequence, not his intention.

Secondly, the 'rat pack' you describe are just a collection of decent posters, they all have interesting and varied opinions. They don't cyber bully the trolls, they just, rightly, react negatively to deliberate trolling. Blaming them for wreaking threads is akin to a criminal blaming a copper for rising crime.

Remove alpine from your WUM list, then ban the remaining 2 or 3 out and out trolls who contribute nothing constructive. Problem solved.

you're a classic example of one of the forum divs. You constantly express an air of superiority with your posts, you take it all so very seriously and constanyl try to look for negativity when there isn't any. MY Happy birthday Nicola thread is a classic example of your attitude being brought to bear. It was a well intentioned thread with a couple of light hearted comments yet somehow you've managed to twist it into an anti club thread. It's very, very odd and exactly what you are accusing the trolls are doing. Maybe you need to have a look in the mirror before preaching to others with your haughty attutide about what people need to do to make this place better.

It is always worse over the summer and there are always threads complaining at about this time. Glasgow and Barry will become less visible once the season starts and then people can get annoyed at me instead who is an actual fan of the club. IMO Barry and Glasgow should be banned as they do nothing but post WUM comments that mostly have nothing to do with football.

You stay classy Hipo.

you're a classic example of one of the forum divs. You constantly express an air of superiority with your posts, you take it all so very seriously and constanyl try to look for negativity when there isn't any. MY Happy birthday Nicola thread is a classic example of your attitude being brought to bear. It was a well intentioned thread with a couple of light hearted comments yet somehow you've managed to twist it into an anti club thread. It's very, very odd and exactly what you are accusing the trolls are doing. Maybe you need to have a look in the mirror before preaching to others with your haughty attutide about what people need to do to make this place better.

Oh, Turks, I'm sorry if I've misunderstood the 'inner' you. I must have misinterpreted your 'Happy Birthday Nicola' thread. You didn't mean that thread to seem sarcastic did you, you genuinely wanted to be a chairman as an 8 year old, you truly appreciate the art of 'paper shuffling', and the real life Turks actually describes the game to his mates as soccerball.

It's just coincidental that your posts all seem to have a political anti-Cortese edge to them, you're just an honest poster, with no axe to grind whatsoever.

I feel guilty now. I've slighted your good, honest character, and somehow confused your posting style with that of a troll. That can't be right eh, you're too genuine to be a WUM. You simply aren't the sort of poster who might brand others as being 'a classic example of one of the forum divs'. You're an honest guy. Honest, genuine, and oft inexplicably misunderstood.

Oh, Turks, I'm sorry if I've misunderstood the 'inner' you. I must have misinterpreted your 'Happy Birthday Nicola' thread. You didn't mean that thread to seem sarcastic did you, you genuinely wanted to be a chairman as an 8 year old, you truly appreciate the art of 'paper shuffling', and the real life Turks actually describes the game to his mates as soccerball.

It's just coincidental that your posts all seem to have a political anti-Cortese edge to them, you're just an honest poster, with no axe to grind whatsoever.

I feel guilty now. I've slighted your good, honest character, and somehow confused your posting style with that of a troll. That can't be right eh, you're too genuine to be a WUM. You simply aren't the sort of poster who might brand others as being 'a classic example of one of the forum divs'. You're an honest guy. Honest, genuine, and oft inexplicably misunderstood.

You're full of sh*t mate, in your arrogance you only see what you want to see. Find the posts where i have demonstated a political anti Cortese stance and post them on here,

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45891-Cortese-interview-in-daily-mail&p=1743064#post1743064

Is that one??

Like a lot of people on here you see something you dont like and/or play the man not the post. There are dozens on here like it but you are absolutely one of the worst and to cap it all display the consesending, arrogant attitude like the tone of your post here, it's hilarious that the you display the very things you accuse others of doing yet are so arrogant you cant see it yourself. Like i said, full of sh*t and only see what you want to see. Lose the arrogance and haughtiness and stop taking yourself so seriously. Post my supposed anti Cortese agenda posts on here or pipe down.

You're full of sh*t mate, in your arrogance you only see what you want to see. Find the posts where i have demonstated a political anti Cortese stance and post them on here,

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?45891-Cortese-interview-in-daily-mail&p=1743064#post1743064

Is that one??

Like a lot of people on here you see something you dont like and/or play the man not the post. There are dozens on here like it but you are absolutely one of the worst and to cap it all display the consesending, arrogant attitude like the tone of your post here, it's hilarious that the you display the very things you accuse others of doing yet are so arrogant you cant see it yourself. Like i said, full of sh*t and only see what you want to see. Lose the arrogance and haughtiness and stop taking yourself so seriously. Post my supposed anti Cortese agenda posts on here or pipe down.

Get a new act man

Get a new act man

What are you on about Timmy? The guy has claimed i every post i make has any anti Cortese stance, yet i've linked one where i describe his as "what a hero, love the guy". Now over to him to provide examples of his claims. Put up or shut up isnt it?

Oh the irony!

Give it up Turkish. Stick to the football which you do seem to have a decent grasp of and ditch all the other **** and you might find that you don't have to consistently defend yourself.

What are you on about Timmy? The guy has claimed i every post i make has any anti Cortese stance, yet i've linked one where i describe his as "what a hero, love the guy". Now over to him to provide examples of his claims. Put up or shut up isnt it?

Look you think the guy is a bit of a ****, as do I. The fact is that you've consistently put up a tongue in cheek 'love that little guy' schtick in order to not get banned whilst taking the **** is the only reason no -one is going to find any critical posts - but its tedious. Why not just ignore his presence and the fawning posts praising him and talk about the football and manager and players - which you're much better at.

Oh the irony!

Give it up Turkish. Stick to the football which you do seem to have a decent grasp of and ditch all the other **** and you might find that you don't have to consistently defend yourself.

+1. One of the truly tiresome spamming ****s.

surprise surprise, two of my biggest stalkers are the first to respond, you must be on about 23 out of your last 25 posts about me by now Stupot!!!

This is a prime example of what is wrong with this place. This thread has descended into Turkish bashing because i dared to ask for someone to prove the allegations they were making about me. Immediately people are jumping on the thread and making all sorts of accusations derailing the thread and turning it into petty bickering, as usual it's the ones that have a very high opinon of themselves doing it. Very sad. What would improve this place no end is if people lost thier arrgance and self righteousness and stopped posting moaning about other posters.

surprise surprise, two of my biggest stalkers are the first to respond, you must be on about 23 out of your last 25 posts about me by now Stupot!!!

Heres the thing Turkish, like a lot of people, I use this form as a source of information about saints. Recently you have to shovel through so much **** to get to the real info. Almost all your posts include some sort of ****. I can live with the likes of Glasgow, Barry and Alpine because in the main even though they are annoying they talk football. You can't help yourself but to "play the man " and try to assume some sort of superiority over the "mongboard" like some arbitor of reason or knowledge. So when I see you being a ****, I call you up on it.

Unlike many others, I don't think the way to deal with trolls, which you readily admit to being, is to ignore them, better to call them up on it and show them for what they are. The fact that more and more people are doing this now must tell you something?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Heres the thing Turkish, like a lot of people, I use this form as a source of information about saints. Recently you have to shovel through so much **** to get to the real info. Almost all your posts include some sort of ****. I can live with the likes of Glasgow, Barry and Alpine because in the main even though they are annoying they talk football. You can't help yourself but to "play the man " and try to assume some sort of superiority over the "mongboard" like some arbitor of reason or knowledge. So when I see you being a ****, I call you up on it.

Unlike many others, I don't think the way to deal with trolls, which you readily admit to being, is to ignore them, better to call them up on it and show them for what they are. The fact that more and more people are doing this now must tell you something?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

well here's the thing Stupot, it cant be me because i've hardly posted for a week as been busy, one or two here and there when been on the train or the bog but in the main my posts in the last week have been far less and in the main serious posts. As for a source of information what are you expecting as this time of year? No matches, no real transfer news, there is very little going on so i'm not really sure what you're expecting. It great to see you are positioning yourself as some sort of mongboard vigilante though, hilarious!!

Comes to something when this thread, about the trolls, is about the most interesting thread on the site.

The main Saints board has largely been taken over by the trolls and is extremely dull and boring now. It is as bad as the rubbish on The Ugly Inside.

A silk purse has been allowed to turn into a sow's ear.

I for one would pay my fiver, if likes of Glasgow, Barry Sanchez, 110 per, dalek, were sacked off...

Likes of Turkish, cb fry etc although they're annoying ****s, there's no doubt they're saints fans, and you are not going to always agree on things and this is LIFE.

But the others are blatantly not saints fans, so why do we allow them on here?

I for one would pay my fiver, if likes of Glasgow, Barry Sanchez, 110 per, dalek, were sacked off...

Likes of Turkish, cb fry etc although they're annoying ****s, there's no doubt they're saints fans, and you are not going to always agree on things and this is LIFE.

I have supported Saints all my life, a typical childish example of throwing the toys out the pram, I am not a Saints fan as me and you do not agree, for ****s sake boy, grow up.

Agreed.