Saints v Swansea - Build Up

Batman

I've just dropped Morgan from my fantasy team and put in Michu. This has to be good news for Saints as the former will get a goal and 3 assists, whilst the latter will now get sent off after 10 minutes.

If you don't believe me, I dropped Lambert before last weeks fixtures.

I've just dropped Morgan from my fantasy team and put in Michu. This has to be good news for Saints as the former will get a goal and 3 assists, whilst the latter will now get sent off after 10 minutes.

If you don't believe me, I dropped Lambert before last weeks fixtures.

:lol: Glad it's not just me that suffers from the fantasy curse.

I watched Swansea against Liverpool and Valencia and they looked the dogs nuts in both games. As you would expect, they keep them ball very well, going backwards and square when needed to keep the ball, not too dissimilar to ourselves. But they also move it about very quickly (quicker than we have managed to this season) which has caused their opponents no end of problems. The two games I watched might not be indicative of how good Swansea really are, but on those showings I'd have them down as a really top side and one that will need to be pressed hard.

I recall we gave them a good going over in the game at SMS and but for the poor goal we gave away we would have been worthy winners. Whatever we did in that game we need to repeat it. Pressing high up the pitch and putting some distance between Michu and their midfield seemed to be the tactic. At their place they took us apart for ten minutes at the start of the game and I really thought they were on a different level to us. We clawed our way back into the game and they gradually ran out of steam, before we eventually started to cause them a few problems right at the end of the game. Patience and lots of hard work were the order of the day and just a tadd of fortune that Michu was a little below par.

i am bringing my lad over for his first taste of st mary's. it is his birthday and he will be seven. i am not a regular at st mary's/the dell, by virtue of living so far away, but i have never seen the mighty saints lose a game there. i have seen them beaten away, and the odd stupid draw, 3-3 v derby at the dell springs to mind, but if we can just keep this record up for at least one more game, then another lifelong saint will be cemented.

i am bringing my lad over for his first taste of st mary's. it is his birthday and he will be seven. i am not a regular at st mary's/the dell, by virtue of living so far away, but i have never seen the mighty saints lose a game there. i have seen them beaten away, and the odd stupid draw, 3-3 v derby at the dell springs to mind, but if we can just keep this record up for at least one more game, then another lifelong saint will be cemented.

fair play mate, that's a top effort, are you able to fly over and back in a day or do you have the extra expense of hotels etc?

hopefully you'll be rewarded with a good win and a decent atmosphere for your boy, at least the tickets are a bit more reasonable for U11s being a Cat C game

fair play mate, that's a top effort, are you able to fly over and back in a day or do you have the extra expense of hotels etc?

hopefully you'll be rewarded with a good win and a decent atmosphere for your boy, at least the tickets are a bit more reasonable for U11s being a Cat C game

No, having to stay over. I booked the flights as soon as the fixtures were out, and then swansea went and did well in the Europa league.

No, having to stay over. I booked the flights as soon as the fixtures were out, and then swansea went and did well in the Europa league.

if you want to treat your son to 2 games in 2 days Eastleigh v Concord Rangers in the Conference South is on the saturday afternoon, or go in the away end at Skates v Rochdale!

How you could put that c*nt in your team I will never know - I only put players in my squads that I like!

10 goals last season though. Horrible player but I thought he'd bring in a fairly decent points haul, especially after scoring in the opening day win over Cardiff.

West Ham haven't won since then and Nolan hasn't scored. They might struggle this year.

I watched Swansea against Liverpool and Valencia and they looked the dogs nuts in both games. As you would expect, they keep them ball very well, going backwards and square when needed to keep the ball, not too dissimilar to ourselves. But they also move it about very quickly (quicker than we have managed to this season) which has caused their opponents no end of problems. The two games I watched might not be indicative of how good Swansea really are, but on those showings I'd have them down as a really top side and one that will need to be pressed hard.

I watched the Valencia game and they were superb. Been pretty ropey in defence tonight though and by all accounts a strong team were pants against Brum in the cup. Hopefully tonight's match'll take it's toll. Michu's just been cut on the head, wonder if he'll need stitches?

Just watched the first half and they certainly don't look like world beaters !

Pretty strong team but not sure if the absentees are rested or injured (Dyer, Williams etc..)

I guess it would be handy if the Michu head wound keeps him out of Sunday's match !

Swansea are struggling against a team who are pressing and being energetic and physical.

We need a high tempo and quick movement of the ball on Sunday.

After their experience tonight, wouldn't be surprised to see them play a lot of long balls into the corner. Could cause problems.

Edited by Shroppie

Just watched the first half and they certainly don't look like world beaters !

Pretty strong team but not sure if the absentees are rested or injured (Dyer, Williams etc..)

I guess it would be handy if the Michu head wound keeps him out of Sunday's match !

Manager already said Williams out of Sunday. Hope so

I have said from the start of the season that these are games that we should be expecting to win at home if we wish to push on into the top half come end of the season. Swansea, West Ham, Crystal Palace. Think we will comfortably win this however after watching Swansea last night I feel they could cause problems, obviously got a dangerman in Michu.

Looking forward to my second trip this season!! COYR!!

So we're guessing that, as they face us, Shaw's furthest out on the left, that's fonte in the middle next to Lovren and that's clearly Clyne drifting out wide on the right?

Damn! Even just standing in a group for a chat, our defense is tight and in position this season.

Taking my lad to his first SMS game too (he's 9), hopefully be a good football match with two good sides, be a good test of where we are i think

Swansea are a bloody good side, with some very good players and an excellent manager

hopefully, their euro cup game has taken s bit out of them. Think we will win but even after winning at anfield, think this will be the hardest game we have had yet

@alex_crook: MP “The Europa League is a competition I have never been keen on. The Champions League is more my cup of tea.” #saintsfc

@alex_crook: MP 'The Europa League means you have not been good enough to make it to the Champions League. All managers are aiming to go 1 step higher.'

@alex_crook: MP “The Europa League is a competition I have never been keen on. The Champions League is more my cup of tea.” #saintsfc

@alex_crook: MP 'The Europa League means you have not been good enough to make it to the Champions League. All managers are aiming to go 1 step higher.'

True but it also means you have been better than most in your league (or the cup of course) to make it.

True but it also means you have been better than most in your league (or the cup of course) to make it.

be interesting to see how swansea do this season in the league with the Europa League to deal with.

Teams like chelsea can cope but look at what happened to newcastle and now wigan are not doing too well in the championship

we all think swansea are a very good side but they are a fair few places down in the league at the mo

In summary of the final ten minutes of the presser (all I caught): MP is cynical about the Qatar World Cup (who isn't?); when asked outright whether his English is 'very good' he merely replied "poco a poco" (little by little); he stated he is "apolitical" and that the Italian journo this week merely pointed out MP started at Espanyol around the same time Obama was reelected.

Pochettino has confirmed that Luke Shaw has been ill this week and they will see how he is tomorrow before deciding whether or not he plays against Swansea.

It also said he had recovered. Shaw would still be better than Fox, despite not training for the whole week.