Cortese to go?

Bewildered

Thought I'd settle back in before the implosion!!

What problems are those - to do with me being chased through the streets of Woolston in the hunt for a Pinnacle scapegoat, or my varicose veins?

Heard you had some problems around the time of forever saints and someone had to take the password off you for your own good?

Would rather have NC with an.other financial backer than KL and not have NC

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Why? KL will find another suit to free spend her money....

Give any Chairman a bottomless pit of cash and he will make changes and be deemed a success - ask him to work within a budget and you will get to see how "successful" they really are. Nicola has proved he can be a success when the going is good (who couldn’t!) he has also shown me that he has no stomach for the fight and clearly doesn’t rise to a challenge.

Well put it this way, if (that might be a big one) we were up for sale, I am not sure how many better propositions there are at the moment (although happy to be accused of wearing rose tinted glasses).

Looking around the PL, Everton and Villa might be, but would they be for sale and for how much?

Give any Chairman a bottomless pit of cash and he will make changes and be deemed a success - ask him to work within a budget and you will get to see how "successful" they really are. Nicola has proved he can be a success when the going is good (who couldn’t!) he has also shown me that he has no stomach for the fight and clearly doesn’t rise to a challenge.

Who would you bring in then to replace both Cortese and Pochettino?

at last what we've all wanted Lawrie McMoneybags as Chairman,MLT DOF, Fanny Benali manager, fanontheboard, official club historian. Run by a fans Trust. As Bearsy

says we can all pledge £100 (all cheques made out to Mr L. McMenemy). Liberate the car park. Viola we are a Care In The Community Peoples Club.

I knew Manji (who hates the thought of his boat being rocked) would shortly be lured from his cave. :)

And he forgot to mention the return of our local-celeb-on-pitch-announcer he's so fond of.

I've got a couple of mates who work on Paul Allen's yacht. Will keep you updated on it's location and if it starts heading for the Solent.

Shouldn't we be looking out for a top-of-the-range Sunseeker with a Chinaman at the helm these days?

Heard you had some problems around the time of forever saints and someone had to take the password off you for your own good?

You're thinking of Tristen. I set up 4ES. I liked banning people but drew a line at banning myself.

I've always had a 5 year plan to keep out of the limelight, but I've had an ‘irretrievable breakdown’ with my bowls partner so got a bit more free time this week.

Who says that he has had a 'bottomless pit'? Maybe he has worked within the budget set.

Many players have said that the have joined (or stayed) due to NC and NC alone. Including MP.

No stomach for the fight? How can you justify that comment? What has he done to suggest that?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Solent Sport reporting he will be gone in the next few days.

Are you sure we haven't got all our wires crossed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25741182

[h=1]Hull City: Assem Allam's threat to quit the club angers fans' group[/h]

Hull City chairman Assem Allam has been accused of showing a "lack of respect" after threatening to quit his role if he cannot change the club's name.

Allam, 74, says he will leave "within 24 hours" if his application to alter the name to Hull Tigers is not backed.

I knew Manji (who hates the thought of his boat being rocked) would shortly be lured from his cave. :)

As have you. What would you like to happen ? Oh and why would I want the boat rocked ? Although I am sure the "Dark Forces" are rubbing their hands with

glee.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/10937549.Cortese_on_the_brink/?ref=var_0

Nicola Cortese is on the brink of quitting Saints.

The Daily Echo has been told that the executive chairman has suffered an ‘irretrievable breakdown’ in relations with the Liebherr estate who own the club.

In addition, sources close to the top of the club have today indicated that Cortese’s departure could come within a matter of days rather than at the end of the season.

The reason for the breakdown revolves around still largely unresolved issues from when Cortese almost went in the summer.

Back then an interim agreement was struck over the future of the club, and Cortese’s contract, which convinced both parties to agree a deal to keep the former Swiss banker at St Mary’s.

Discussions over a long term strategy for the club to replace the interim agreement have been ongoing but there appears to be some way between the two parties. That is prompting Cortese to again consider his future.

The Daily Echo has been told that even if the Liebherr’s agreed to all of his plans it may still be too late to convince Cortese to stay.

Hi all. I have just read this thread from start to finish and have seen nothing of a rumour I heard at the Burnley match recently. At the time I thought nothing of it, but given recent developments there may be (or maybe not) something to it.

I was told that the guy who owns Sunseeker (official team partner, I believe) are lining up to take over the club from the Liebherr family. There was a sticking point over the valuation that was holding things up though. At the time I shrugged it off as terrace talk and took it with a pinch of salt.

Like I said though, this is a rumour I heard and it may be absolutely nothing. That said, I thought it may be relevant to the thread so shared it.

Hi all. I have just read this thread from start to finish and have seen nothing of a rumour I heard at the Burnley match recently. At the time I thought nothing of it, but given recent developments there may be (or maybe not) something to it.

I was told that the guy who owns Sunseeker (official team partner, I believe) are lining up to take over the club from the Liebherr family. There was a sticking point over the valuation that was holding things up though. At the time I shrugged it off as terrace talk and took it with a pinch of salt.

Like I said though, this is a rumour I heard and it may be absolutely nothing. That said, I thought it may be relevant to the thread so shared it.

The Chairman of Dalian Wanda (the parent company) Wang Jianlin, is the richest man in China witgh a 14bn dollar fortune.

I don't think Sunseeker are owned by a "guy", they are owned by a Chinese conglomerate company... Dalian Wanda Group Corporation Limited.

Sunseeker is now owned by a Chinese company (Dalian Wanda Group) bought them out last year from a Irish private equity firm who got it in 2010 I believe

Many players have said that the have joined (or stayed) due to NC and NC alone. Including MP.

Those comments depend entirely on the questions asked to provoke them. If they're appearing on the OS, it's entirely possible that one of the questions asked is "so who persuaded you to join/stay?", to which the obvious answer is the chairman, as he conducts most of the negotiations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/engineering/8787808/Sunseeker-yachts-returns-to-an-even-keel.html

Some insight into Sunseeker. Draw from that what you will.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

It's always been Cortese's objective to own the club.

In his opinion (correctly) the club has a lower value if he goes than it does if he remains at the helm. He wants (again rightly) to pay the lower valuation. The idiots in suits aka merchant bankers that are advising KL have told her they can get her the higher value.

Cortese is proving his point.

He doesn't play to lose.

'Bye 'bye Katherina.

Nail, Head, BANG.

Couldn't of put it better myself.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

It's always been Cortese's objective to own the club.

In his opinion (correctly) the club has a lower value if he goes than it does if he remains at the helm. He wants (again rightly) to pay the lower valuation. The idiots in suits aka merchant bankers that are advising KL have told her they can get her the higher value.

Cortese is proving his point.

He doesn't play to lose.

'Bye 'bye Katherina.

This, let's hope NC wins because unlike the usual plonkers on here who don't understand football or business to we will be buggered if NC leaves

I think that would go down as just about the coolest company ownership ever.

Sunseeker is now owned by a Chinese company (Dalian Wanda Group) bought them out last year from a Irish private equity firm who got it in 2010 I believe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalian_Wanda_Group

And interestingly

Since 2011, Dalian Wanda has been the name sponsor of the Chinese Super League football league.[8] From 1994 to 2000, it was the primary sponsor for the Dalian Shide F.C. (which was named Dalian Wanda FC at the time).

Those comments depend entirely on the questions asked to provoke them. If they're appearing on the OS, it's entirely possible that one of the questions asked is "so who persuaded you to join/stay?", to which the obvious answer is the chairman, as he conducts most of the negotiations.

Some are, some aren't. It's clear that a lot of our better players are at the club in a large part because of the progress we have made under NC and they feel that with him at the helm good things will happen.

No doubting all areas of the club would suffer major upheaval if he does leave.

Vey niave to think that a NC exit wouldn't have a significant impact on players and their belief that we can offer them what they want to achieve.

I never knew it was that easy.

What's your password, hypo? I've already tried "idefinitelyhaveagirlfriend".

All lower case?

I don't think Sunseeker are owned by a "guy", they are owned by a Chinese conglomerate company... Dalian Wanda Group Corporation Limited.

Yeah and the "guy" who actively runs the Dalian Wanda Group is the richest man in China.

From yesterday...

Chinese property developer Dalian Wanda Group, known in recent times as the deep-pocketed buyer of Western assets including a U.S. movie theater chain, a British yacht maker and a London hotel, isn’t finished with its shopping spree.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2014/01/14/wanda-still-has-plenty-of-cash-to-burn/

Oh, go on then..... Arm twisted.... They'll do....

Wanda, which is one of a handful of large but unlisted property developers in China, still has plenty of cash to burn: The company said over the weekend at its annual meeting that its revenue jumped 31% on-year to hit 186.6 billion yuan ($30.9 billion) in 2013. That marked the eighth consecutive year its revenue rose by more than 30%, the company said in a statement on its website that 2013.

To date, Wanda said it has 380 billion yuan worth of assets world-wide and has opened 85 malls and 54 hotels across China.

Yeah and the "guy" who actively runs the Dalian Wanda Group is the richest man in China.

Yeah but surely if they're looking to buy a football club they'd buy one local to their company, step forward Poole Town, ready made for promotion through the football pyramid to become the next major football force on the South Coast!!

Vey niave to think that a NC exit wouldn't have a significant impact on players and their belief that we can offer them what they want to achieve.

People seem to be under a very odd belief that players sign for a club or remain at a club solely because of the chairman, rather than because of any combination of the facilities, the other players, the coaching staff, the money on offer and the likelihood of career progression and sporting success.

If Cortese goes - and, let's face it, he will eventually, whether it's now or at some point in the future - then as long as whoever remains at the club can offer enough of those "features", players will continue to want to play for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Jianlin

Wang Jianlin (Chinese: 王健林; pinyin: Wáng Jiànlín; born 1954) is a Chinese billionaire.[1] He is the Chairman of the Dalian Wanda Group, one of China's largest real estate developers, and also the world's largest operator of movie theaters after the purchase of AMC Entertainment Holdings for US$ 2.6 billion in 2013.[2][3]

In 2013 Forbes ranked him the 128th richest person in the world, with US$ 8.6 billion.[2] In August 2013, he is listed as the wealthiest person in China with a net worth of US$ 14.2 billion by Bloomberg.[4]

People seem to be under a very odd belief that players sign for a club or remain at a club solely because of the chairman, rather than because of any combination of the facilities, the other players, the coaching staff, the money on offer and the likelihood of career progression and sporting success.

If Cortese goes - and, let's face it, he will eventually, whether it's now or at some point in the future - then as long as whoever remains at the club can offer enough of those "features", players will continue to want to play for us.

This basically. The club's pr firm have done a job on some of you!