Cortese to go?

Bewildered

NC leaves a hero and then comes back leading a group who will make us the richest club in England. You heard it here first. It's like any big band. They split up just for the come back (oasis)

I am looking forward to both those gigs!

I must admit all this stuff about players handing in requests, MP being disgusted by the news etc is kind of annoying me.

Let's be honest for a moment.....they're all at a top flight premiership club. In the top 10. Earning lots of money with a pretty big fan base. Okay, the bloke with the drive and the guy at the top of the table has gone, but that doesn't mean they all have to wimp out. They could rally together and push on even more.

Surely the last thing anyone wants to happen is the last 5 years of work to be entirely evaporated in 6 months? I Imagine all parties will be doing their best to ensure that doesn't happen, including KL.

BIG NEWS

solentsport: #saintsfc ownership set to start search for chief executive to replace Cortese - Pochettino still expected to take press conference tomorrow

BenSmithBBC: #SaintsFC manager Mauricio Pochettino will stay for now and will, I am told, be present at his press conference tomorrow.

Luke Shaw favourited this tweet by Saint-Armstrong.

ConnorArmstrong: Mauricio must be feeling so let down. What a fantastic manager he is. Uprooted his family for all this malarkey to happen. Sad. #SaintsFC

F**ks sake, no-one has died, I'm sure MP and his family will survive this ordeal somehow.

I don't think that Cortese leaving is the main issue - it' the repercussions his leaving will have on the club - manager, players, ambitions, stability all potentially at risk now because of this.

Right but if that happens it was always going to happen at whatever point he left. What if he suddenly had dropped dead one day? It's unhealthy for one man to have total control at a club.

I don't think that Cortese leaving is the main issue - it' the repercussions his leaving will have on the club - manager, players, ambitions, stability all potentially at risk now because of this.

Nail on head.

I just hope Katharina has some of her Dad's business acumen in her DNA.

Isn't the world odd really? Exactly 1 year ago today (almost...) pretty much 90% of people on this forum were slagging NC off left right and centre, as he'd just got rid of NA.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42459-Nigel-Adkins-Sacked&highlight=Nigel+Adkins+sacked#.Utbcb_TudcY

Heat of the moment and all that, granted, but it goes to show that football is a unique sport. Ups, downs, twists, turns and some pretty big potholes which destroy your suspension - but you always bounce back eventually.

Another year on, and another mid-January pot-hole. No reason why we cannot come out of this stronger either.

JWTelegraph: Cortese has officially left Southampton. Katharina Liebherr to become non-exec chairman. She now wants to appoint a chief executive

Matt Le Tiss? She does the business bit quietly in the background while the club has a legend as figurehead. Sorted.

Alpine - are you truly, as they see in these parts, a retard?

You only appear to moan and disappear when things are going well. You know nothing - same as rest of us - and perhaps you ought to remember it is the Liebherrs who have bankrolled this club, not Cortese. Likewise your comments about Ramirez and Osvaldo were bang out of order, but no suprises there.

Halfwit

Right but if that happens it was always going to happen at whatever point he left. What if he suddenly had dropped dead one day? It's unhealthy for one man to have total control at a club.

I have wondered if this has been part of the negotiation behind the scenes since last May, and the Liebherr's wanting to become more involved ("interfering" as NC might deem it) rather than leave it to one individual.