FOR SALE!

Glasgow_Saint

How much is that bit of land the club own out Eastleigh way?

Of course, it would be worth a lot more with planning consent.

Marcus bought the club for £15m... assuming that included the Eastleigh land, I think it's safe to assume that land is worth less than £15m.

Squad is easily worth 100m, probs more like 125-150.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/southampton-fc/kader/verein_180.html -

I reckon the following:

Osvaldo - £13M

Ramirez - £8M

Lambert - £6M

Lallana - £10M

Lovren - £10M

Wanyama - £8M

Schneiderlin - £8M

JRod - £6M

Shaw - £20M

JWP - £5M

Clyne - £8M

Boruc - £3M

Roughly £105M for the 'main' players

Didn't Marcus pay off the stadium debt as well, which I think was about £60 million ?

don't think so, think we had to give Aviva a further 4 million or so under certain conditions...which we did a couple of years back.

Stadium debt was never 60 million anyway.

Some say that this is fairly accurate

http://swissramble.blogspot.fr/2012/01/southampton-saints-alive.html

Edited by Window Cleaner

Marcus bought the club for £15m... assuming that included the Eastleigh land, I think it's safe to assume that land is worth less than £15m.

With that £15m he also got a £30-40m stadium, the playing squad and Staplewood, so it's probably quite hard to put a current price on a potentially very lucrative piece of land they call Jacksons Farm.

Rarely have I read such complete and utter b0ll0ks. But then it is the Express.

Is that where NC's PR machine are planting stories now? My theory that he's trying to push the price down is looking possible, but £80m? You're avin a larf. Even Fulham were £150m

Is that where NC's PR machine are planting stories now? My theory that he's trying to push the price down is looking possible, but £80m? You're avin a larf. Even Fulham were £150m

£80 million does look too low! £100m would be my guess

Think thats what Fernandes paid for QPR

Agreed. They talk about a reduction from a valuation of £100m to £80m as a 'loss' of £30m. In fact, both figures are probably a profit on the total investment. They imply that this reduction is due to Cortese leaving, which raises suspicions about the origins of the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Could go either way to be honest, no one really knows. Nothing has happened in the last month to suggest either way, so it's pretty much stalemate.

The summer will answer all we need to know, we'll just carry on as we are until then. - As was always the plan.

Any signs that we are? Katharina Liebherr has been the owner since 2010 and in that time we've seen huge investment in the infrastructure at training ground/academy/stadium and the team.

Didnt commit in open letter

Hasnt committed in press

No players signed

Wage bill significantly reduced

Cortese leaving

Mopo not committing beyond summer

All signs so far point to a pending sale?

Any signs that we are? Katharina Liebherr has been the owner since 2010 and in that time we've seen huge investment in the infrastructure at training ground/academy/stadium and the team.

What huge investment has there been in the stadium? Certainly not the level you were expecting

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?37346-St-Mary-s-What-we-might-expect-to-see-happen-(and-possibly-announced-soon)#.UuwfPn8gGSM

How are the "huge plans" coming on? Is it soon yet?

Is this the same Express that has been spouting forth that we will have the hardest coldest Winter since the Ice Age every other week when we had the heat wave in July!

Don't knock the Express. It emloys Bazza and Glasgow as its weather correspondents.

I sense a business lesson from a 24 yr old with a shed load of debt is appearing over the horizon, the last one was genius.

How do you determine their value? I presume you know this? Or do you blindly insult?

I'm not saying that you would individually go round the squad and put value x on each player, and then add that on to any figure for the club.

Just seems daft that multi-million pound assets of the club/business would have no impact on it's value.

I'm not saying that you would individually go round the squad and put value x on each player, and then add that on to any figure for the club.

Just seems daft that multi-million pound assets of the club/business would have no impact on it's value.

So you blindly insult yet you dont know, I wont insult or humiliate you lad, you actually have made me laugh. Whether its daft or not it would be wise to know your argument,

Didnt commit in open letter

Hasnt committed in press

No players signed

Wage bill significantly reduced

Cortese leaving

Mopo not committing beyond summer

All signs so far point to a pending sale?

2plus2.jpeg

Edited by St Jim