Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

Spurs ITK reckons MP met Levy on Tuesday and announcement to be made soon.

I'm sure Ralphy and Les remain comfortable with the situation.

They would have had to have asked permission to speak to him. Pretty sure that hasn't happened. Not saying it won't.

They would have had to have asked permission to speak to him. Pretty sure that hasn't happened. Not saying it won't.

Officially yes, but they may have been sly. Also possible we have already given permission. Once we know theres a couple of million into the coffers then the Board probably urged him to go! Helps with the "difficult" financial situation.

Actually don't care anymore, if he goes, hope he goes quickly! Pre season is so important these days and we need to be settled, well the manager and the three players left I mean!!! Plus, just took a list at the new Saints boss market at Paddy Power, dear oh Lord, I am not sure they are taking it seriously! Only one that wasn't entirely stupid was Matt Le Tiss at 33's!! AVB 6-1 fav lol!!!!! We are a laughing stock lol

that spurs ITK has been saying that since Tuesday. If that was the case I am sure his odds would be higher than 1/2 on. Betting would be suspended. This sort of stuff is leaked and Sky news would be all over it if there was going to be an announcement today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/10834910/Southampton-board-meets-over-Tottenham-Hotspurs-interest-in-manager-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

If this is true then it seems like we are always slow to react. Surely they had a plan before Wednesday night.

Les Reed is on the board, was the meeting before ranchos?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/10834910/Southampton-board-meets-over-Tottenham-Hotspurs-interest-in-manager-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

If this is true then it seems like we are always slow to react. Surely they had a plan before Wednesday night.

Up until yesterday the Telegraph were acting like it was virtually a guarantee MP would go there. Now, apparently, MP will have to wait until the club has spoken to De Boer and seen whether or not Carlo Ancelotti can keep his job at Real Madrid, making it seem like MP is very much the third choice for Spurs.

Just bored of the situation now. MP has been on the whole great for us but he isn't the god that many make out. He has been mediocre in the transfer market and failed to strengthen key areas when he had the chance. So on balance I'd like him to stay and see how far he can take us, but equally excited about who else our next project could attract.

Just bored of the situation now. MP has been on the whole great for us but he isn't the god that many make out. He has been mediocre in the transfer market and failed to strengthen key areas when he had the chance. So on balance I'd like him to stay and see how far he can take us, but equally excited about who else our next project could attract.

Also, to make me feel better, he's shocking at changing formations/tactics mid-game when he needs to influence it. Still want him to stay though.

I just don't get the feeling MP is that bothered about saints just a stepping stone I reckon.

I just don't get the feeling MP is that bothered about saints just a stepping stone I reckon.

Isn't that to be expected, a bit like players using us as a stepping stone? We have a reputation now of bringing through players who go on to other bigger clubs.

Isn't that to be expected, a bit like players using us as a stepping stone? We have a reputation now of bringing through players who go on to other bigger clubs.

Sadly yes but it does beg the question why some think it will be the end of the world if he leaves saints clearly mopo couldn't care less so why should we? Also the soppy said of me would love a long term manager (in the Wenger or Sir Alex style) with the stability it brings I thought Adkins might have been that, he at least to me, truly seemed to like being at saints.

Edited by doddisalegend

Life might be too short to hate, but it's like when you split up with a girlfriend and they say "we can still be friends".

Happened to me years ago, moved on totally and stopped contact and was rewarded by finding a much better girlfriend who is now my wife. Kind of applies to this scenario, don't care what MP does if he goes to Spurs, just focus on the next manager for Saints, hopefully someone with real stature like Ronald Koeman and not a cheap option like Howe or Mackay.

Happened to me years ago, moved on totally and stopped contact and was rewarded by finding a much better girlfriend who is now my wife. Kind of applies to this scenario, don't care what MP does if he goes to Spurs, just focus on the next manager for Saints, hopefully someone with real stature like Ronald Koeman and not a cheap option like Howe or Mackay.
Did the new girlfriend have to pay £2m? ;-)

Rickylambert

You knew sherwood was pc not going to be the manager before the last game of the season it was in he news

So either you had some information or you didn't

Using the excuse that things are different now sherwood has been sacked is a very poor excuse indeed

How was i to know that Sherwood was to be sacked or not?

I know that a new contract was in the process of being offered, and

probably signed but when Sherwood was sacked Poch stalled, because

he found the opportunity to manage a "Big Club" exiting.

So he's gone then?

Everyone has known that Sherwood would be sacked for ages. I doubt the development would have been a surprised or changed Pochettino's plans.

Of course he could go there but I doubt that Sherwoods sacking would have caused him to suddenly stop negotiating a new contract, the spurs job was always going to be available this summer.

geju2y6y.jpge5y9ytaq.jpg

Have had chance to do some detailed earlobe analysis and there's no way that those two earlobes are the same. The Reed earlobe has a groove in it whereas the 'secret diner' has a smooth groove-less earlobe....ergo, that's not Reed.

Have had chance to do some detailed earlobe analysis and there's no way that those two earlobes are the same. The Reed earlobe has a groove in it whereas the 'secret diner' has a smooth groove-less earlobe....ergo, that's not Reed.

I think it's more a "s### quality photo" earlobe.