Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

Poch has succeeded at Espanyol and here because the expectations were pretty relaxed, despite managing such a top class group of players.

At Tottenham, managing a diverse bunch of egos, he would be expected to get wins week in week out, including mid week Europa League.

I'm not sure his lack of a plan B in matches would suit Mr Levy's patience over a season.

Very tired of this now.

I really don't care if he goes. Lovely bloke, very intelligent and has been welcoming on the two occasions I met him.

Just so tired of the fact it 'appears' his head is easily turned. Then again I am not convinced there is a correct way of dealing with speculation other than coming out and saying 'I'm going nowhere'.

Edited by Monk

Very tired of this now.

I really don't care if he goes. Lovely bloke, very intelligent and has been welcoming on the two occasions I met him.

Just so tired of the fact it 'appears' his head is easily turned. Then again I am not convinced there is a correct way of dealing with speculation other than coming out and saying 'I'm going nowhere'.

The longer it goes on the more I'm convinced Mopo is looking for a way out and isn't all that committed to saints.

Well, if MP goes to Spurs and get sacked after 6 months he only has himself to blame - there's been enough criticism in the media from ex-Spurs about Levy (just been listening to Clive Allen on 5 Live) for him to know what to expect. I reckon that if Jonathan Barnett is his agent, he will be the one putting MP's name all over the papers and Sky - any chance for a big pay day. He's one of the North London Jewish Mafia like Levy. After all, why would MP be their first choice? He's hasn't got the European experience Spurs, you would think, would be after. Steve Clarke didn't get linked with top 6 clubs because he got WBA to 8th last season - it's just as logical, probably more so because he coached at Chelsea.

MP is obviously popular with the players, but he has always seemed very detached from the club; it's just a stepping stone, totally different feeling about him compared to Nigel.

The season only finished on a Sunday. Hold your horses everyone, he is still under contact so why does he need to say anything until he is 100%? If he is not 100% then we do not want him here really do we.

Better he waits and makes the right choice that suits him.

Waved goodbye on the left back thread, not seen since

We need scooby doo to solve the mystery

He was getting so tedious he ignored himself. His disappearance coincided with Barry Sanchez getting the boot though.

Also applause to mods for finally doing something, already there has been marked improvement in threads, sure some people will disagree but no one is purposefully flooding threads with repetitive crowd baiting crap they don't really stand behind. Can't say anyone is standing out as blatant troll, so if they are still here they are now worried about the same fate meeting them. So good on ya mods, thx and plz keep it up.

Guess it's wishful thinking on my part then :(

He has not posted for a while, but he is watching to see if we all miss him. He is fine, quite like his posts.... Happy that Barry has gone though, what a knob!

MP is obviously popular with the players, but he has always seemed very detached from the club; it's just a stepping stone, totally different feeling about him compared to Nigel.

mmm, interesting - now you point this out, is it me, or has he always talked about 'the project', never the club?

Very tired of this now.

Reckon its taking time for his bank manager to give him a 2mil loan.

mmm, interesting - now you point this out, is it me, or has he always talked about 'the project', never the club?

Yes the project. Projects by definition have and end though it's common terminology these days with foreign managers.

The Sun says he wants £3m a year to take over at Spurs, who the Mirror say might beat Liverpool to Lallana's signature. Schneiderlin might go to Arsenal. Where are those razors?

The longer it goes on the more I'm convinced Mopo is looking for a way out and isn't all that committed to saints.

I agree. Pochettino has not once said he WANTS to stay. All he ever says is that he has "one year left" . OK, he has "one year left", which as we all know, means Zilch in reality

Tha fact that he has never said publicly that he WANTS to stay with Saints says it all really IMHO.

Thats always annoyed me, but being realistic I think thats just how it is these days - maybe 2-3 years to manage a project and then move on. It grates with us as fans because, for most of us, we see our passion and dedication to our club as unshakable - for others, managers and players, its just a job

If he goes to Spurs, he'll have the opportunity to work with all those Spurs players in the England World Cup squad.

Oh, hang on, for the 1st time in 60 years, there aren't any Spurs players in the England squad.

I agree. Pochettino has not once said he WANTS to stay. All he ever says is that he has "one year left" . OK, he has "one year left", which as we all know, means Zilch in reality

Tha fact that he has never said publicly that he WANTS to stay with Saints says it all really IMHO.

I think on Solent post match interview, he also said we are at the end of the 5 year project now

Source close to club has told me this:

- Poch is going to Spurs. Probably annouced by tomorrow;

- De Boer has applied to be our manager; and

- Shaw and Lallana finalising their respective moves at the moment.

Good source, not going to say anymore for obvious reasons. Make of it what you will.

that's not really what i was wanting to read about bro!

De Boer applying to be our manager strikes me as a peculiar thing to do.

Good source, not going to say anymore for obvious reasons. Make of it what you will.

Why would De Boer manage us?

I could live with all of that tbf. The last line is the worst, but realistically - the world would go on

that's not really what i was wanting to read about bro!

De Boer applying to be our manager strikes me as a peculiar thing to do.

Why would De Boer come here? Unless he sees parallels between us and Ajax and a chance to develop our youth system and the club in a very dutch manner.....

...That sounds scarily familiar actually.

I thought MP said that he didn't understand why people has such a fascination about contracts and that he had a contract that ran for another year. Guess he's no different from anyone else (and it would be naive to think otherwise).

I thought MP said that he didn't understand why people has such a fascination about contracts and that he had a contract that ran for another year. Guess he's no different from anyone else (and it would be naive to think otherwise).

I miss total football Southampton :(

How can you apply to a job thats not available?

Why would De Boer come here? Unless he sees parallels between us and Ajax and a chance to develop our youth system and the club in a very dutch manner.....

Bit of a difference between De Boers record and Poorts.

Saints and Ajax academy's have very strong links

How can you apply to a job thats not available?

Same way that I do in my current job,. If I want to move to a different department or area I write an application, "In the event that there are any vacancies I am applying for the post of...................". Simples.

The problem with that is if either Lallana or Pochettino leaves it will be the exit that starts the exodus . Both Lovren and a Morgan will probably follow them out the door for Champions League football.

I think we could cope with losing just Shaw - but no one on else really.

It goes without saying that Osvaldo, Hooiveld, Do Prado, K Davis and Ramirez should be leaving whatever else happens

And why would De Boer come to Saints leaving a champions league Ajax for us - you could same the same about Spurs - but I'd be very surprised if he did.

The problem with that is if either Lallana or Pochettino leaves it will be the exit that starts the exodus . Both Lovren and a Morgan will probably follow them out the door for Champions League football.

I think we could cope with losing just Shaw - but no one on else really.

It goes without saying that Osvaldo, Hooiveld, Do Prado, K Davis and Ramirez should be leaving whatever else happens

And why would De Boer come to Saints leaving a champions league Ajax for us - you could same the same about Spurs - but I'd be very surprised if he did.

Just entertaining the rumour for a minute, why did Martin Jol want to go to Fulham?

De Boer would be an unbelievable appointment for a club like us. The other bits are very sad though. If we just lost Shaw and Adam then I could just about live with it as long as we invested the majority of the money.

This! it would be devastating, but if we came out the other side and had a season as strong it would show how good our infrastructure is at the club and how well set up we are. If we didn't fall apart after loosing those two players and recruited wisely, and (if poch leaves) appointed someone like De Boer, it would be a strong showing from the club.

Realistically, De Boer wouldn't get a crack at another job in a top 8 EPL side for another 18 months, assuming Poch leaves for Spurs and is also sacked within that period. May well feel he has achieved everything he can at Ajax and with our academy and relative riches of EPL, could actually be a natural fit for him. Jumping the gun massively here, but would that mean that Dennis Bergkamp would be our no. 2? That would be incredible.

Not that I think Frank would come here but found this article about De Boer interesting

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9300426/eredivisie-frank-de-boer-open-to-premier-league-move

I like this quote "I would not go to Barcelona. It is very difficult to be a coach there. What can you teach players like Messi and Iniesta":)

Realistically, De Boer wouldn't get a crack at another job in a top 8 EPL side for another 18 months, assuming Poch leaves for Spurs and is also sacked within that period. May well feel he has achieved everything he can at Ajax and with our academy and relative riches of EPL, could actually be a natural fit for him. Jumping the gun massively here, but would that mean that Dennis Bergkamp would be our no. 2? That would be incredible.

Well it's between De Boer and Poch for Spurs job it would seem, and we'll be left with whoever doesn't take Spurs possibly? Not the worse situation in the world.

Also appointing someone like that would show realy intent to the players and might help them stick around

You have got to laugh , when comments like a source close to the club told me this

Probably the council refuse operatives collecting the weekly rubbish from Britania ,

like all these rumours they are rubbish or someone is just recycling the same rumours to put their own spin on them

I will waiot for the club to annouce everything officially, if folk leave then I will be very sad if not I will be very pleased

until then I remain optomistic

Really? This is a man who has lost just 11 games as a manager! IMO he'd be an upgrade, if Poch isn't commuted to 'the project' then screw him!