London

Money

Better than saints

Money

Bigger transfer budget

Money

Money

Money

Where are their ex managers now. One at QPR, one heading to Brighton, the others out of work! Not the right career move, unless you are looking for quick cash.

Fail at Spurs and rule yourself out of one of the top 4! You will be seen to have a huge budget, fail..... Not good on your CV! Only downwards from that sort of club!

Where are their ex managers now. One at QPR, one heading to Brighton, the others out of work! Not the right career move, unless you are looking for quick cash.

Fail at Spurs and rule yourself out of one of the top 4! You will be seen to have a huge budget, fail..... Not good on your CV! Only downwards from that sort of club!

Their ex managers are probably ludacrisly rich after spurs. Each manager backs themselves when going into a new job, or why bother

As it stands, he is at a level that is classed as a failure at spurs and he has not even tried

What if he does not fail at spurs?

Edited by Batman

Or perhaps he is going to look at a different approach as this attacking football has not quite paid off, for the expectations of a Spurs and their fans. I just think that there are such high expectations that it will be another manager who is sacked in a years time. Ha*rry, AVB, sherwood, all played attacking football and all got the boot. At one stage I had to admit I liked watching Spurs play under saggy chops! I just feel, they may need a different approach, but they have the very attractive football of arsenal on their doorstep!

Possibly, though Sherwood was always deadman walking and Harry's style of attacking football, built on individuals, is very different from MP's more disciplined and team-based approach.

Would love them to go for FDB - Spurs fans are a few chav chromosomes removed from Chelsea fans and flock to anything new and flashy. The main reason they've failed -from managers to players- is lack of prem experience -something which makes MP an intriguing choice. But if they want to take the same risks as in the past, happy for them to fill their boots.

Why won't they get into the CL

In other threads, Suarez is going and Liverpool won't get in

Arsenal are one other team away getting their act together before missing out

Spurs got 4th twice in the last few years with redknapp. Not beyond the realms of possibility that the manager we rate so greatly could sneak 4th

Can't see it.

Man City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

And even Everton are better.

Just my opinion, it is a no win situation..... It will be 4th then they will want to push for the league title! That's football and Spurs are one of these clubs who think they should have more success, but they are just about in the right place, where I always remember then since being little..... Nearly, but not quite!

Can't see it.

Man City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

And even Everton are better.

Just my opinion, it is a no win situation..... It will be 4th then they will want to push for the league title! That's football and Spurs are one of these clubs who think they should have more success, but they are just about in the right place, where I always remember then since being little..... Nearly, but not quite!

What if wenger leaves arsenal, or continues not to buy a top striker

Everton have two very important players who are loans, can you see them spending £20m+ on Lukaku?

As for Liverpool, well if they are so good then Lallana is a cert to go?

If you want MP to stay so badly, have you not considered that he might be good enough to get a very good squad to 4th?

Possibly, though Sherwood was always deadman walking and Harry's style of attacking football, built on individuals, is very different from MP's more disciplined and team-based approach.

Would love them to go for FDB - Spurs fans are a few chav chromosomes removed from Chelsea fans and flock to anything new and flashy. The main reason they've failed -from managers to players- is lack of prem experience -something which makes MP an intriguing choice. But if they want to take the same risks as in the past, happy for them to fill their boots.

Sad thing is most Spurs fans up here, think that he is not a big enough name...... I rest my case, they think they are bloody Barca!

Sad thing is most Spurs fans up here, think that he is not a big enough name...... I rest my case, they think they are bloody Barca!

And we think we were destined for 4th spot a year ago.

Everest and all that

Apart from

Stones

Coleman

Coleman signed for Everton aged 20, Stones joined at 18 having already played 24 games in the Championship for Barnsley. Neither played for Everton's academy.

Bit like Gallagher, Stephens, well, most of ours

Gallagher and Stephens joined Saints as 16 year olds and both played for our academy teams.

Reed, Chambers, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Sinclair and a number of others at the club have all been at Saints since 8/9 years old.

Edited by Matthew Le God

What if wenger leaves arsenal, or continues not to buy a top striker

Everton have two very important players who are loans, can you see them spending £20m+ on Lukaku?

As for Liverpool, well if they are so good then Lallana is a cert to go?

If you want MP to stay so badly, have you not considered that he might be good enough to get a very good squad to 4th?

He is loved here, Spurs fans do not really want him, it is all about a world football name for them. Not saying he cannot do a job for them, but it is a huge risk when Spurs want Top 4 and we are very very happy with 8th.

Just think if he fails, he will find it hard to get that 'dream job' at one of the top 4 clubs. Have 1/2 more seasons with us and maybe even get a 6th spot.... What is that Arsenal/Chelsea...... Ok.

Coleman signed for Everton aged 20, Stones joined at 18 having already played 24 games in the Championship for Barnsley. Neither played for Everton's academy.

Gallagher and Stephens joined Saints as 16 year olds and both played for our academy teams.

Reed, Chambers, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Sinclair and a number of others at the club have all been at Saints since 8/9 years old.

But this is all to do with the youth set up, maybe not the manager? Moyles is a good manager.

He is loved here, Spurs fans do not really want him, it is all about a world football name for them. Not saying he cannot do a job for them, but it is a huge risk when Spurs want Top 4 and we are very very happy with 8th.

Just think if he fails, he will find it hard to get that 'dream job' at one of the top 4 clubs. Have 1/2 more seasons with us and maybe even get a 6th spot.... What is that Arsenal/Chelsea...... Ok.

Spurs fans don't really want him?

Most saints fans were absolutely livid when he came here

You keep going on about failure

What if he failed here, he took that huge gamble, no doubt he would back himself

To win the league if he got the united job. That is why they are at the top, they don't think they will fail

So not only is he good at being young players through he can also spot their potential at other clubs and bring them in at a young age. Sounds good to me.

And we think we were destined for 4th spot a year ago.

Everest and all that

Top 6 for me, we will never break the top 4 without a massive investment from somewhere. European football would be brilliant and what I am hoping for. Top 4 never under the current structure.

Spurs fans don't really want him?

Most saints fans were absolutely livid when he came here

You keep going on about failure

What if he failed here, he took that huge gamble, no doubt he would back himself

To win the league if he got the united job. That is why they are at the top, they don't think they will fail

I do agree, I think it is a fair point

However, there's a slight variant that muddies it a bit. When he came here, he had just been sacked. He had no job, wort case scenario he comes in and is sacked again. He probably wouldn't have got a job higher up the pyramid (for want of a better term) anyway.

Now, he is in a decent job, and his stock is high. Tottenham is a risky job. High expectation and low margin for missing targets.

I'm not at all saying he won't go to Tottenham, or that it offers no step up at all. I just think he may give it more of a thought than when he came to Saints.

In my humble, of course.

As I said before, knowing a Saints they will probably break the news that they have sack Poch...... You just never know, with the mighty Saints.

IMO I think Poch should stay and continue to gain experience and make the right name for himself. After all, this was only his first full season in the premier league. Finish 8th or higher again next season and he will be right in the forefront of the minds of many chairman. But then this could be a risk to him as we might not have a good a season, this is why he wants to know the ambition of the club. After all it is his career and name on the line.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there anything that could be done to stop spurs just giving him a £2m signing on bonus?

Forgive my ignorance, but is there anything that could be done to stop spurs just giving him a £2m signing on bonus?

Only that Levy is tighter than a virgins twiz, and meaner than a sober jock.

Yep. MoPo would have to pay income tax and Employees NI at a marginal rate of 47% on any sign on fee.

That said, I don't think that Cortese clause is legally enforceable although the time and expense to challenge it might prove prohibibitive.

Wonder who leaked that detail? :suspicious:

'itkagent616'

616% garbage

I've just read a similar quote in response to an article about MoPo going... it was along the lines of 'my fiancee works at Staplewood and MoPo will sign a 2 year deal by the end of next week, Shaw and Lallana aren't going anywhere and they, along with some others, Jay Rod, Morgan and Jose I believe will be offered contracts prior to pre season.

It's good that someone that 'works at Staplewood' has a managed to get all this information really and is so much itk! I'm sure it's not imaginary at all.

Edited by TwoPints

Yep. MoPo would have to pay income tax and Employees NI at a marginal rate of 47% on any sign on fee.

That said, I don't think that Cortese clause is legally enforceable although the time and expense to challenge it might prove prohibibitive.

Wonder who leaked that detail? :suspicious:

Ok, so, £4m? ;)

Cheers though.

The last bit is truly a mystery.

Media certain MP is the number one Spurs target...as we have known since March. He has stalled on the deal offered by us, which neatly coincided with their vacancy. Funny that.

Yes. We can be fairly sure by now that he wants to see what Southampton, Spurs and possibly others have to offer him before he makes a decision. Doesn't mean he wants to stay or go.

The only reason I think they will go for Poch, is because Saints play the kind of football that Spurs fans want and believe they will play and should play.

I just do not know why he would go to Spurs? Ok they are a bigger club, but we were not that far behind them and 0-2 up at their gaff before we threw it away. It is a huge risk for Poch, as Hoddle found to his cost. No top 4, then he will be out on his ear.

I really do think he would be better off staying a Saint, keeping the players here and doing well with us. Then in time he could land himself the Arsenal, or Chelsea job. I think he would suit Arsenal really well.

This, I said much the same on the Sherwood thread, If I were a manager I wouldn't go anywhere near Levy. Stay with Saints for another year, bring through one or two more academy players and then get a CL job either in England or Spain

This, I said much the same on the Sherwood thread, If I were a manager I wouldn't go anywhere near Levy. Stay with Saints for another year, bring through one or two more academy players and then get a CL job either in England or Spain

He has already brought through the Academy players that are ready. There aren't loads of Shaw's and Chambers' hanging around there.

He got us to 8th with our best squad for years, can see why he would want to go now rather than work with an inferior bunch. He stock is high now, can't see how he can improve it more at Saints without our best players.

I heard that they are waiting for a batch of Eterna watches to be delivered to St Marys before we anounce that MP,Corky Ads and Shaw have signed new contracts

AL has a few in his garage already after his awards evening.

Interesting and depressing lines in the Indy:

'Mauricio Pochettino, now represented by Gareth Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett, will be a contender. Levy is thought to be going cold on De Boer after his willingness to divulge Spurs’ interest in him.'

Interesting and depressing lines in the Indy:'Mauricio Pochettino, now represented by Gareth Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett, will be a contender. Levy is thought to be going cold on De Boer after his willingness to divulge Spurs’ interest in him.'
Whereas Levy's interest in MP is a state secret? It looks to me as if even the quality press really have no more idea than we do.