Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

You really have to scratch your head as to why anyone would want to go and be manager at Spurs especially when Tim Sherwood has stepped up to the plate and done well: even more so with the shadow of uncertainty cast over him that he has kept the players playing for him right up until the last day of the season.

Unless of course when you look at AVB and his contract pay-offs from Chelsea and Spurs totalling a reputed £16m, with Levy's Jeckyll and Hyde mentality it's worth going to Spurs to do ok as the payoff when the wind changes is easier that winning the lottery.

For once I agree with NickG. I must be getting old.

Speculation about the intentions of the KL and the Board are just as meaningless as speculation in the media about the manager and the star players. NickG refers to facts about KL's period as owner through the Leibherr Trust and its better to draw conclusions from facts rather than from guesswork. NickG does stray into speculation by saying that Shaw is not planning on going, which may or may not, be true. Only Luke Shaw truly knows what is in his mind. But back to facts, and amongst the facts is that Shaw and Lallana are both on long-term contracts therefore the club's agreement is needed to any transfer bid from other clubs, agreement that can be refused. So it is the intentions of KL and the Board that matter and the sooner we learn more about those the better.

You really have to scratch your head as to why anyone would want to go and be manager at Spurs especially when Tim Sherwood has stepped up to the plate and done well: even more so with the shadow of uncertainty cast over him that he has kept the players playing for him right up until the last day of the season.

Unless of course when you look at AVB and his contract pay-offs from Chelsea and Spurs totalling a reputed £16m, with Levy's Jeckyll and Hyde mentality it's worth going to Spurs to do ok as the payoff when the wind changes is easier that winning the lottery.

Not bad for a couple of years of aggro

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Uwe rossler ... If we lose mopo. But I'm still very hopeful we won't.
did you watch the game last night? Wigan had no idea and seemed to me to just lump the ball in a hope that McLean could get onto it. Very disappinting

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 2m

The Club can announce that Tim Sherwood has left his coaching position at the Club.

Here we go...

Bunch of Clowns, it really does beggar belief. Don't fancy the next blokes chances, as I mentioned above Sherwood was obviously popular with the players as they were prepared carry on "fighting" for him despite him being on a one way street out of the door.

Did Napoli finish in the CL this year? Not sure why Benitez would leave them for THFC if so. Mind you, he likes London and Spurs would offer £££££ compared to Serie A, plus I reckon he'd get more out that talented but un-balanced squad than MP would. There are actually people on this site that think RB would come to Saints. Um, hate to tell you this but the bloke has managed at Liverpool, Valencia, Chelsea, Inter and now Napoli. Just off the top of my head, he's won La Liga, CL, UEFA/Europa, Italian Cup, FA Cup and so on. The Spurs fans would get plenty of stick from their Chelsea oppos but the guy wins trophies despite his faults and that's their reposte. Mourinho played even more grinding football this season at Chelsea and won jack, despite his past track record and he wasn't much better at Real.

Did Napoli finish in the CL this year? Not sure why Benitez would leave them for THFC if so. Mind you, he likes London and Spurs would offer £££££ compared to Serie A, plus I reckon he'd get more out that talented but un-balanced squad than MP would. There are actually people on this site that think RB would come to Saints. Um, hate to tell you this but the bloke has managed at Liverpool, Valencia, Chelsea, Inter and now Napoli. Just off the top of my head, he's won La Liga, CL, UEFA/Europa, Italian Cup, FA Cup and so on. The Spurs fans would get plenty of stick from their Chelsea oppos but the guy wins trophies despite his faults and that's their reposte. Mourinho played even more grinding football this season at Chelsea and won jack, despite his past track record and he wasn't much better at Real.

Napoli were 2nd thus directly into the group stage of the CL. Mauricio is now favourite for the Spurs job again. Doesn't mean anything I supppose, especially if our board are prepared to match his ambition (and salary of course).

Guillem Ballague on SSN saying that it's a crucial week for Saints regarding Poch, need to assure him players can be replaced and are able to match his ambitions.

Monaco have approached him and also intermediates from Newcastle bizarrely.

Also, in case any morons still need to be told, he's spoken English with the players since day 1 and can now speak near perfect English.

Edited by Dig Dig

Guillem Ballague on SSN saying that it's a crucial week for Saints regarding Poch, need to assure him players can be replaced and are able to match his ambitions.

Monaco has approached him and also intermediates from Newcastle bizarrely.

Also, in case any morons still need to be told, he's spoken English with the players since day 1 and can now speak near perfect English.

Cheers for posting.

Basically what Ive been saying, if he goes its a massive failure by the board

Big news that. Monaco is a big project alright with lotsamoney.

Newcastle, ahem, I don't think that a good match now that Mopo speaks perfect English ~ he will have to learn Geordie ( and French) the former far harder than English or French to speak let alone understand. :-)

Edited by Giordano
sp.

Newcastle, ahem, I don't think that a good match now that Mopo speaks perfect English ~ he will have to learn Geordie ( and French) the former far harder than English or French to speak let alone understand. :-)

Pochettino must have some basic grasp of French, he did a few years at PSG and Bordeaux.

Pochettino played in France for 3 years with PSG and Bordeaux, I'd imagine his level of French is reasonable.

Yea, Monaco is a big job but Poch wants to stay in the Prem which is at our advantage but also Spurs as well. Doubt Newcastle have any chance what so ever.

Agree with Smirking, seems Poch wouldn't leave other than for footballing reason, this should be a 100% priority for the board, I doubt they would even come close to replacing him adequately

Monaco have approached him and also intermediates from Newcastle bizarrely.

Why does he still use a translator?

...and why it was difficult to be totally confident in the new board whe they tookl over, despite those that were 'going wilde' that their nemesis NC had departed... and there in lies the problem. There are just too many similarities with the Wilde/Crouch, well intentioned, fan friendly but as without means, totally out of their depth in developing a strategy for the at that time.

KL has the means, but its clear doesn not want to invest any more. That is her right and we can not hold that agaisnt her. However, I would question why she might not see the benefit of providing some funds for infrastructure that would allow the commercial revenue streams to be prioritised for the sporting side within the FFP regs.... beacsue the potential of this side to do even better is there - and that would in turn increase the value of her asset. It suggests that either they are not taking the advice from those who know this, dont believe it, or are simply not interested in the supporting that strategy... which is so frustrating given how obvious the potential for 2 or 3 years of continued progress is... IF we lose MP, Adam and Luke, we will lose ALL the momentum we have established and that is the biggest shame.

As mentioned on the other thread, if we did not have the talent we do, or the potential, we could argue that 15th and above is great and we would all be happy... but we have shown much more than that, with more to come with the right yet mmodest investment... board need to show their mettle now and do what is right for the club... see the potential for progress lies with teh set up and players we have... not starting again

If MP gets an offer and decides to go, why would that be such a huge failure from the board. They obviously want to keep him, it'd be his choice to leave.

If MP gets an offer and decides to go, why would that be such a huge failure from the board. They obviously want to keep him, it'd be his choice to leave.
because their ambition is less than his own, that the were not offering a better package, they were going back on their word about giving him say who should leave,etc

...and why it was difficult to be totally confident in the new board whe they tookl over, despite those that were 'going wilde' that their nemesis NC had departed... and there in lies the problem. There are just too many similarities with the Wilde/Crouch, well intentioned, fan friendly but as without means, totally out of their depth in developing a strategy for the at that time.

KL has the means, but its clear doesn not want to invest any more. That is her right and we can not hold that agaisnt her. However, I would question why she might not see the benefit of providing some funds for infrastructure that would allow the commercial revenue streams to be prioritised for the sporting side within the FFP regs.... beacsue the potential of this side to do even better is there - and that would in turn increase the value of her asset. It suggests that either they are not taking the advice from those who know this, dont believe it, or are simply not interested in the supporting that strategy... which is so frustrating given how obvious the potential for 2 or 3 years of continued progress is... IF we lose MP, Adam and Luke, we will lose ALL the momentum we have established and that is the biggest shame.

As mentioned on the other thread, if we did not have the talent we do, or the potential, we could argue that 15th and above is great and we would all be happy... but we have shown much more than that, with more to come with the right yet mmodest investment... board need to show their mettle now and do what is right for the club... see the potential for progress lies with teh set up and players we have... not starting again

Where specifically has this been made clear?

What a load of old cobblers. So should we pay MP 200K per week just to keep him? And anyone who believes the club can stop anyone leaving who really wants to leave is naive at best and stupid at worst.

We are not a top, top side and if players want to leave they will: Ronaldo left Man U despite man U wanting to keep him, Everton have lost key players like Felliani, Rodwell, Rooney, etc. so to think we can simply say we should be in a position to keep all our players is ridiculous.

It is a sign of how far we have come that so many top clubs want our players.

And the same people who were complaining about how the Skates got away with it re. their overspend are now seriously suggesting we should break the bank or we "lack ambition". You couldn't make it up!

Next few weeks will be crucial for this club and will show where we are aiming to be in the next few years.

Can't help but think if Cortese was still at the helm this would not have been left to the last minute.

What a load of old cobblers. So should we pay MP 200K per week just to keep him? And anyone who believes the club can stop anyone leaving who really wants to leave is naive at best and stupid at worst.

We are not a top, top side and if players want to leave they will: Ronaldo left Man U despite man U wanting to keep him, Everton have lost key players like Felliani, Rodwell, Rooney, etc. so to think we can simply say we should be in a position to keep all our players is ridiculous.

It is a sign of how far we have come that so many top clubs want our players.

And the same people who were complaining about how the Skates got away with it re. their overspend are now seriously suggesting we should break the bank or we "lack ambition". You couldn't make it up!

people to my mind are not saying break the bank, but if we sell 2 players for £50 it would be ptretty fair to expect the board to back MP with half minimum. Iam used to selling our best players/my heroes since i saw Mick Channon all those years ago. I only ask that a fair amount is reinvested.

Fair enough, seems a bit pointless doing it every week if his English is fine though.
but Mash as its his second language the reporters can easily twist his words, this way he has time to think about his answer. Anyway do managers really tell the truth? they normally put a positive side to it

people to my mind are not saying break the bank, but if we sell 2 players for £50 it would be ptretty fair to expect the board to back MP with half minimum. Iam used to selling our best players/my heroes since i saw Mick Channon all those years ago. I only ask that a fair amount is reinvested.

2 players for 50 million plus Osvaldo and perhaps Gaston. That would give us pushing nigh on 65 million in transfer fees received (i've taken off Bompey's cut) plus 82 million PL revenues plus 20 odd million ticket sales plus odds and ends from the commercial side. So all told 180 million or so in revenue one way or another, what do they intend to do with all of that if there's not much of an incoming transfer budget then?