Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

That "report" is worse than most of the guff on here by our resident body language and nuanced language experts.

For starters, is MP likely to be influenced by reports in the press that we are selling the family silver, or assurances from board members that we will only sell players he sanctions to be sold??

That "report" is worse than most of the guff on here by our resident body language and nuanced language experts.

For starters, is MP likely to be influenced by reports in the press that we are selling the family silver, or assurances from board members that we will only sell players he sanctions to be sold??

True, though it's more for rhetorical effect.

The fact is the journo probably knows MP and his staff better than any other journo operating in this country.

Maybe but this journalist is quite different from the sports journalism students that tend to write for these websites. He's very well connected, including to MP I believe.

I just readup on the Gallagher 4 year contract .

Done with MP

Both look very happy . Why would you sign a four year contract if everyone was leaving the ship

Also saw MP match comments and particularly this

“There really is nothing to decide,” he added. “I still have one more year on my contract and I really haven’t spoken about it, I don’t really get it because it hasn’t come from me, it’s come from outside that these rumours are propagated.

“We’re not really distracted by it. We’ve achieved the best season in the Premier League in the history of this football club so I think that translates as not being distracted at all by these rumours.”

I just readup on the Gallagher 4 year contract .

Done with MP

Both look very happy . Why would you sign a four year contract if everyone was leaving the ship

Also saw MP match comments and particularly this

“There really is nothing to decide,” he added. “I still have one more year on my contract and I really haven’t spoken about it, I don’t really get it because it hasn’t come from me, it’s come from outside that these rumours are propagated.

“We’re not really distracted by it. We’ve achieved the best season in the Premier League in the history of this football club so I think that translates as not being distracted at all by these rumours.”

I reckon Gallagher would have signed a 4 year deal if even Branfoot was manager!

I have said for a while that he will leave. His body language suggests at the very best he is undecided. If he wants to go, let him go.

If Liebher wants to sell, she knows the best price will be earns by us remaining in the PL.

Wish it was August & we could just move on & deal with what we have too.

If we match him ambition he stays. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks I think.

Probably a simple conversation......ask MoPo what the squad needs to get to top 6; if KL funds it, happy days: summer of new signings and optimism; if not, he goes: summer of player exits and ****ed of forum members.

Either way it won't be dull.

those that celebrated the departure of NC may rue the day yet. At least with him and all his faults we knew that he was focussed on bringing ML's wishes to fruition. No club could unsettle our players or expect to buy them with him in charge. i suspect the Financial difficulties quote woke up quite a few clubs to fact that we were again a selling club.

Bottom 6 finish next season if MP goes IMO

Possibly so, but I think this will be overlooking the fact that NC's pursuit of glory was built on the prospect of continued funding from elsewhere, and the likelihood that his "spend, spend" policy could have lead us back to ruin.

I still think NC's "ambitions" had comparisons with Ridsdale and possibly Storey in where they might have lead longer term.

The ball is very clearly in the boards court.

Personally I believe he'll go as will 3-4 top players and we will be battling relegation all next season.

There are lots of unknowns, and he may well leave, but one of the few categoric statements we have from the board is that we do not need to sell anyone that the manager doesn't want to.

All this talk of him leaving and family silver being sold is garbage IMHO. What his issue clearly is, is what further investment will be made. Every fan knows we are 3 to 4 players short of really pushing on, which will probably cost at least 60 million in fees and wages. Are the board willing or able to invest that? If not, mopo will feel he's got us as far as we can, and one or two players may ask to leave, but I have no doubt that any fees received if players do go will be invested back on the team, so we won't necessarily be weaker than we currently are.

It will be hard to find a manager as good as mopo, but not impossible. It will be hard to replace lallana, but again not impossible. I would love the board to back mopos vision with millions spent, but if they don't, I I'm not going to wail and sob, nor do I expect that to mean we will be back as relegation candidates.

This site is so intellectually and emotionally immature. There is a middle ground between mopo and players all staying and all being well, and being a selling club fighting relegation.

There are lots of unknowns, and he may well leave, but one of the few categoric statements we have from the board is that we do not need to sell anyone that the manager doesn't want to.

All this talk of him leaving and family silver being sold is garbage IMHO. What his issue clearly is, is what further investment will be made. Every fan knows we are 3 to 4 players short of really pushing on, which will probably cost at least 60 million in fees and wages. Are the board willing or able to invest that? If not, mopo will feel he's got us as far as we can, and one or two players may ask to leave, but I have no doubt that any fees received if players do go will be invested back on the team, so we won't necessarily be weaker than we currently are.

It will be hard to find a manager as good as mopo, but not impossible. It will be hard to replace lallana, but again not impossible. I would love the board to back mopos vision with millions spent, but if they don't, I I'm not going to wail and sob, nor do I expect that to mean we will be back as relegation candidates.

This site is so intellectually and emotionally immature. There is a middle ground between mopo and players all staying and all being well, and being a selling club fighting relegation.

*like*

I have said for a while that he will leave. His body language suggests at the very best he is undecided. If he wants to go, let him go.

If Liebher wants to sell, she knows the best price will be earns by us remaining in the PL.

Wish it was August & we could just move on & deal with what we have too.

Dont start with all that body language BS. Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare on here as it as everyone tries to read into every gesture, expression etc of mopo Adam and Luke

What his issue clearly is, is what further investment will be made. Every fan knows we are 3 to 4 players short of really pushing on, which will probably cost at least 60 million in fees and wages. Are the board willing or able to invest that? If not, mopo will feel he's got us as far as we can, and one or two players may ask to leave, but I have no doubt that any fees received if players do go will be invested back on the team, so we won't necessarily be weaker than we currently are.

Since we were promoted we've spent a total of roughly 70 million on transfers. About half of that has been spent very poorly, and within that you would have to say the worst of all has been Osvaldo, who I think it's safe to assume was very much a MP signing considering they had worked together before. Considering this, why should KL and the board trust the transfer committee and MP to spend 60 million wisely when the evidence so far suggests it probably won't be? Equally, the assumption that we sell Lallana and Shaw and re-invest the funds in new signings is all well and good in theory but in reality I'm not sure I would trust them spend it well.

No club has a 100% success rate with transfers, but of our 3 big money signings only 1 has shown he might have been worth it long term (even then i think it's up for debate with Wanyama). That isn't good enough for a club of our size

To anyone truly worried about one man leaving a sustainable club that has improved its league position every time in the last five years, please read the Adkins meltdown thread.

I hope the club have warned them not to wave at the fans at the end as it'll give the impression they're waving goodbye.

those that celebrated the departure of NC may rue the day yet. At least with him and all his faults we knew that he was focussed on bringing ML's wishes to fruition. No club could unsettle our players or expect to buy them with him in charge. i suspect the Financial difficulties quote woke up quite a few clubs to fact that we were again a selling club.

Bottom 6 finish next season if MP goes IMO

I can guarantee you I will never, ever rue the day he left.

Cortese quit on us precisely at the point that bigger teams started circling our manager and players.

But yeah, Cortese did a breathtaking job of warding of Man United with their multi million pound bids for Danny Fox a couple of years back.

No club has a 100% success rate with transfers, but of our 3 big money signings only 1 has shown he might have been worth it long term (even then i think it's up for debate with Wanyama). That isn't good enough for a club of our size

Even then is Wanyama (£13m) really so much better than Cork (£750,000)? Saint's big money signings have mostly turned out badly - why would an established multi million pound player want to come to Saints given only average wages and no CL? We should concentrate on the best young players from the Championship, those who see Saints as step up and have the capacity to improve with coaching and experience.

I can guarantee you I will never, ever rue the day he left.

Cortese quit on us precisely at the point that bigger teams started circling our manager and players.

But yeah, Cortese did a breathtaking job of warding of Man United with their multi million pound bids for Danny Fox a couple of years back.

Did you just use his name?

And twice?

And for the record, and whether he stays or goes. This is the 3rd time MP has dicked around with threatening to go. At some point we might just be better to move on and rebuild rather that having this s*** every time a top job comes up.

And for the record, and whether he stays or goes. This is the 3rd time MP has dicked around with threatening to go. At some point we might just be better to move on and rebuild rather that having this s*** every time a top job comes up.

There is a maxim in business that if someone is irreplaceable the first thing you should do is to get rid of them.

No point settling for second best though? When a very good Manager and probably three very good players leave over one summer (plus a 4th not available til Christmas) its going to be hard to recover.

I doubt many fans will be relishing next season the way we were this.

Edited by Saint Charlie

It's the joy of supporting a football club. Owners, players, managers and ticket surcharges come and go but the fans remain.

They do of course. I guess this summer will just be the first admission since our rise that actually the club will settle for middle of the road.

It's the joy of supporting a football club. Owners, players, managers and ticket surcharges come and go but the fans remain.

Absolutely, next season well may be a struggle, but we're all still fans of exactly the same side. Just may happen to be a few different people representing it.

He hasn't threatened to go - not publicly and it hasn't been alleged in any reports either. The only other time he even sort of threatened was through an answer to a hypothetical about Cortese leaving, something he said half a year before there was any perceived threat. And he didn't go then.

Heard from someone today who spoke to a member of MP's coaching team who said that MP has told them (his staff) that they came here together and will leave together. Spurs was mentioned in the conversation and this was two weeks ago.

He will go there. Tomorrow will be his last game in charge of us IMO.

Absolute crock of ****. He may well go - but what you've posted above is clearly grade A bull****. You're an embarrassment.

Saint Charlie....you truly are a drama queen ain't you? Chicken Licken has got nothing on you.

So someone you know spoke with the coaching staff....yeah right! Like they would tell your mate what their plans were.....and of course we'll lose half our squad this summer.

MP is no god......he was the one that wanted Osvaldo. And as a result we have been left with 1 established striker and a young un for so many games because of those decisions.

Life will go on regardless and the team will always have my full support.

Some folks are going to look like right planks if Mp stays.............

Spot on. I'd rather MP stayed, but life goes on without him and we'd still have a very well run club.

Saint Charlie....you truly are a drama queen ain't you? Chicken Licken has got nothing on you.

So someone you know spoke with the coaching staff....yeah right! Like they would tell your mate what their plans were.....and of course we'll lose half our squad this summer.

Adam Blackmore on Solent said we have offered MP a contract and he has not signed it.

MP when asked gets very bolshy about it and refers to the club as if they need to do something to keep him here.

Club say MP asked to wait til end of season.

Krueger when I spoke to him at the Awards was very evasive on any timeframe for news on MP and keen to emphasise the role of players.

Various squad members coming out in press saying they hope the Manager says and implying he has a decision to make.

National press saying he is Spurs no1 target.

You make your mind up!

Edited by Saint Charlie

They do of course. I guess this summer will just be the first admission since our rise that actually the club will settle for middle of the road.

Like any business. You can have rapid growth for 5 years, consolidate, and then go again. The danger would be that we sell too many and end up in a post 2003 terminal slide.

What would also be criminal is to bet the farm on going for a top 4 spot and end up where we were in 2009.

There is a middle ground, keep the current core squad and manager, sell Gaston & Osvaldo and reinvest some of that back in. Sprinkle in a few new scholars coming through and aim to maintain current league position whilst targeting the cups.

He hasn't threatened to go - not publicly and it hasn't been alleged in any reports either. The only other time he even sort of threatened was through an answer to a hypothetical about Cortese leaving, something he said half a year before there was any perceived threat. And he didn't go then.

By avoiding the questions he is. He could have very easily put this to bed at his press conference or indeed the awards dinner.

By avoiding the questions he is. He could have very easily put this to bed at his press conference or indeed the awards dinner.

Exactly. He and the Club have allowed it to happen because neither are telling the truth.

No way thay behind the scenes the club are happy with the situation.

Biggest summer in ages in terms of persuading players to stay and its made miles harder because the Manager the players all love playing for is not committing his own future. Bit of a cock up.

Thanks. If anyone thinks MP is about to sign a long term contract they have obviously not been viewing recent events with anything but delusion.

I decided he was prob loggerheads with the board couple of weeks ago when he come out and said the squad was too thin and "I've been saying that all season". Oh really, I thought! You ain't been saying it to us! He was having a pop at the board IMO

St Charlie I'm not sure what game your little mind is playing

You have some kind of agenda back in February were you not convinced KL was about to sell the club ?

We very possibly will be sold. But if KL does...

We very possibly will be sold. Etc

What will be will be I guess . But you seem to enjoy wallowing in the negativity that's always about .

I decided he was prob loggerheads with the board couple of weeks ago when he come out and said the squad was too thin and "I've been saying that all season". Oh really, I thought! You ain't been saying it to us! He was having a pop at the board IMO

And he did again on Friday saying that Solent should ask them why contract talks for Boruc and Cork hadnt been started.

He is a clever guy and is playing the Board completely.

St Charlie I'm not sure what game your little mind is playing

You have some kind of agenda back in February were you not convinced KL was about to sell the club ?

We very possibly will be sold. But if KL does...

We very possibly will be sold. Etc

What will be will be I guess . But you seem to enjoy wallowing in the negativity that's always about .

No agenda. Loads of people thought we were going to be sold.

You don't like the fact that MP most likely will leave. Neither do I. But wake up and look at what is happening!

He wants to negotiate a new pay deal, and investment in the team, thats the key to this. Shame most dont understand how best to negotiate