Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

Mopo's agent is busy again ;)
accept that MP is a very good manager and is wanted by a lot of clubs, not seeing much talk of Monaco Spurs etc wanting Adkins. You just cant see a decent manager when its in front of your eyes...although Im sure you are delighted with Awford;)

accept that MP is a very good manager and is wanted by a lot of clubs, not seeing much talk of Monaco Spurs etc wanting Adkins. You just cant see a decent manager when its in front of your eyes...although Im sure you are delighted with Awford;)

You are obsessed with Adkins - let it go mate, he left a long time ago.

Has a single club said they want Mopo?? Nope

Agent work clear and simple

Well thanks for that. I was worried there might be something to all these rumours about MoPo leaving but you've put my mind at rest.

I kept being reminded of him by somebody keep comparing records. All of a sudden they have stopped being mentioned i cant quite understand why thoguh

From this morning's press conference:

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "There's a great atmosphere here with a human feel to the squad.We have good relationships and that's key to being successful" #saintsfc

A 'human feel?' God, I thought the interpreter was there to aid his expression.

Talk about evasive tactics. Can't imagine Big Sam would fart about like this, he 'd say either " I'm buggering off cos all the fans are Mongs" or "Of course I'm staying what kind of daft bloody question is that?"

Precious or what? They talk about player celebrations being narcissistic!

Offer him the contract Monday. Set him a deadline of a week to sign the thing. Can't let this go on too much longer, it's becoming a bit of a side show.

Not sure why he keeps referring to it being the board's decision, as its quite clear from Reed's statement that Poch wanted to wait til end of season and also from RK's interviews that he wants to keep him as manager. That discrepancy is very worrying.

Someone wants to wait and both sides are placing the spotlight on the other. Reed is the only one who is aligned with MP, god knows what anyone else is up to.

Hope Ralf has had fun looking around Winchester and looking at Duncans books in the meantime. Real important stuff.

Not sure how to interpret this silent stance from Pochettino. On one hand I think that if Poch had already decided to walk away it would have got out by now, these things usually do. On the flip side maybe it is genuine that all parties will sit down and discuss contract from Monday onwards. I find it hard to believe that no contract offer or even an outlined proposal has not been made known to Poch assuming club want to keep him on. Reed says they have discussed potential targets for the summer yet Poch has said he doesnt know what the budget will be. A lot of propaganda from both sides at the moment. Until we get some clarification, this new charm offensive from club towards fans will be met with scepticism by me.

Doesn't sound great.

To be honest I am struggling to understand who is really in charge of football matters off the field at the club at the moment. It really doesn't inspire confidence.

I guess this is why we seem keen on the "sporting director" option.

Well, I am surprised more people didn't see through the two nice fan-friendly letters when they came out. I mean, seriously... talk about setting us up for disappointment... BUT they were very nice letters.

A lot of people are just happy Cortese has gone and all the fan pandering stuff will buy the board more time than it should before questions are asked. All of the key people who can keep us pushing on seem unsure what the immediate and future plans are, bizarre really.

I just listened to that interview

I would also have been annoyed if I kept being asked the same question , The last one was about Guly but then the idiot of the reporter suddenly turned it on MP's future

Bloody knobhead

I thought it was a positive interview and I am not worried, If you bed wetters want to worry go ahead thats your choice,

I just listened to that interview

I thought it was a positive interview and I am not worried, If you bed wetters want to worry go ahead thats your choice,

Did you listen to the right interview? I would say over the past week ive become more sure that MP will leave this summer.

Absolutely no reason for him to be so *****ly and downbeat. We are at the end of our best PL season, yet all these questions are being asked and according to what MP said rightly so. End of the day - it seems the new board so far is all talk and hot air.

Someone wants to wait and both sides are placing the spotlight on the other. Reed is the only one who is aligned with MP, god knows what anyone else is up to.

Hope Ralf has had fun looking around Winchester and looking at Duncans books in the meantime. Real important stuff.

Don't forget the bike ride where he gave a leg massage to a fan.

Awfully important to the next season that sort of stuff......

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 25m

@sparkythebabler @Ekelund24 All seems messy because they've offered him a contract and he hasn't signed it & players are in the dark

If he doesn't want to be here then get rid....Saints are in a good position to get a good replacement in. Let him go to Spurs if that is what he is waiting for.

If he doesn't want to be here then get rid....Saints are in a good position to get a good replacement in. Let him go to Spurs if that is what he is waiting for.

think MP is playing a game of brinkmanship with the board and fair enough, the ball is in the board's court and we all wait with baited breath to see if they feel they have reached as high as they want to go.....or do they twist and go for 21.

It's not about wanting to be here or not, it's about not trying to make silk purses out of sows ears as he's been forced to do on occasions this season.

Starting to feel like this. Would obviously love him to stay, but if he feels Spurs - who flit from one hairbrained managerial set-up to the next every 16 months or so - can offer him a better 'project' then by all means just stop directing questions towards the board and get on with it. A fifth place finish next season and he will be another one out of the revolving door.

Starting to feel like this. Would obviously love him to stay, but if he feels Spurs - who flit from one hairbrained managerial set-up to the next every 16 months or so - can offer him a better 'project' then by all means just stop directing questions towards the board and get on with it. A fifth place finish next season and he will be another one out of the revolving door.

Maybe they have just offered him "a project".

Currently, according to MP we are a bit clueless.

Although I want him to stay, if he signs a new deal how long will it be before there are rumours about him leaving again? Same with Lallana, Shaw etc. The media frenzy surrounding our manager/best players leaving will always be there every transfer window, although I guess that will always be the case with clubs like us.

You dont just get rid, this is about assessing his position, you cant blame him for that. NC showed and supported ambition. We dont know what the plans are moving on with the new board.

Besides, if Poch does leave it will because the new 'project' shows a lack of ambition, I really dont know who we would get in to just stabilise. Of coarse itll be a decent manager but at Poch's level ? Doubtful

Thank god we won't have to hear the same **** in pre match press conferences anymore. Seems like the last 8 have been identical, same ******** being asked and the same ******** being answered.

If Poch wants to stay, good news.

If poch wants to go, bye bye. Plenty of good managers would love the job.

Either way, hopefully its sorted soon so all parties can get on with next season.

You dont just get rid, this is about assessing his position, you cant blame him for that. NC showed and supported ambition. We dont know what the plans are moving on with the new board.

Besides, if Poch does leave it will because the new 'project' shows a lack of ambition, I really dont know who we would get in to just stabilise. Of coarse itll be a decent manager but at Poch's level ? Doubtful

Exactly

@alex_crook: Pochettino on his future at #saintsfc 'It's up the board to discuss with me the new project that will be in place starting next season.'

@alex_crook: When asked about fans' fears he will leave Pochettino responded: 'I don't think you can live in the fear of the future.' #saintsfc

@alex_crook: Pochettino was pressed harder than ever today to say he was in for the long haul and didnt #saintsfc

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 25m

@sparkythebabler @Ekelund24 All seems messy because they've offered him a contract and he hasn't signed it & players are in the dark

There is nothing in this which differs from Jesus Perez's comment to me the other week that he has a contract until the end of 2014/15 - they are also fascinated that 'people in England' are obsessed with the length of a contract.

Yep, this is about right. As Saints resurgence is linked to youth policy I don't think the national media know what to do with us. Let's not forget Saints have been very good for Pochettino too. His record in three and a half years at Espanyol was middling to poor (notwithstanding the player sales), and his only 'trophy' as a manager was last Octobers manager of the month award. Spurs fans aren't that enamoured by the prospect of Poch as the new saviour and he won't have the luxury of a bedding in period - it's managing big time Charlie's not developing potential at THFC. I hope he stays as he seems a good fit for Saints, inspired choice really, but if it's to be let's get it done and get on with developing our great club...

When you are in the process of negotiating a contract it is like poker, why to appease the press and us should he lose his negotiating position,the same goes for the club. it is a professional business not the local darts team.

Personally i think the club need to show him that they have drive and ambition and money to spend, if not his ambition will take hm somewhere where he can achieve what he wants.

@alex_crook: Pochettino on his future at #saintsfc 'It's up the board to discuss with me the new project that will be in place starting next season.'

@alex_crook: When asked about fans' fears he will leave Pochettino responded: 'I don't think you can live in the fear of the future.' #saintsfc

@alex_crook: Pochettino was pressed harder than ever today to say he was in for the long haul and didnt #saintsfc

Jesus christ are the media obsessed with us at the minute. How many times has the club got to say they'll sort it out in the summer and the press keep going "how about now......how about now"

Jesus christ are the media obsessed with us at the minute. How many times has the club got to say they'll sort it out in the summer and the press keep going "how about now......how about now"

and people why Nc banned the press

Pochettino share many characterisitcs/mannerisms with Kenny Dalglish. He could be perceived as surly, difficult, non-committal. Essentially, though I jsut feel they get tired of dealing with the same inane questions which have no real affect on what they will write anyway.

bleedin' eck Saint Charlie: are you as much of a drama queen in real life? You take any word uttered by the club and put a negative slant on it.

MP said he wanted to talk at the end of the season: project ending is we have reached the goals set out however long ago. Now what is next?

No-one knows right now but will in the fullness of time. And to say that MP says we are clueless is one of the most ridiculous things I have read on here (and that's saying something).

Whatever happens we will still have our club and KL appears to be in it for the long run. Lets not forget where we were a few short years ago.

Key thing here is that the Academy is rolling out talent. It would be crazy to think we can keep everyone for their whole career: by selling the occasional Academy star it brings big revenue into the club and the next generation then comes through. Worked for Ajax why not us?

Chill out and just appreciate what a great season we have had.