Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

Great gOal on the plastic pitch against Luton though.

If you are talking about the Milk Cup (Mid week match) goal that got us a replay (Which we subsequently lost) then indeed it was.

I have tried so hard to find footage of the goal, but it seems it doesn't exist.

If anyone knows if there is anything out there, I would be very grateful.

If you are talking about the Milk Cup (Mid week match) goal that got us a replay (Which we subsequently lost) then indeed it was.

I have tried so hard to find footage of the goal, but it seems it doesn't exist.

If anyone knows if there is anything out there, I would be very grateful.

Luton, I remember the away in 95 I think 1-1 in the Cup, a mad day that.

De Boer willing to listen to Spurs but after Ajax last game

Spurs confirm they are interested in Ajax boss

FDB's coaching team consist of...Jaap Stam, Marc Overmaars and Dennis Bergkamp

im sure many in north london wont be happy with that

Spurs fans certainly don't want mopo. I think once mopo gets the message that being linked (by your agent) and being approached by the club are 2 very different things he'll sign a new deal here.

#secondchoice

Go and have a play on their forums........ Certainly not all want him, but I would be happy with him

Edited by Gemmel

De Boer willing to listen to Spurs but after Ajax last game

Spurs confirm they are interested in Ajax boss

FDB's coaching team consist of...Jaap Stam, Marc Overmaars and Dennis Bergkamp

im sure many in north london wont be happy with that

Not sure about Stam , but I read that Overmaars is Sporting Director, in which case he would presumably not be part of the 'backroom' team.

I'd expect Bercamp to stay and possibly take over at Ajax who seem to promote ex players into the top job as far as aware.

Was told tonight something crazy by a lad who works in the game:

Seven year deal on the table.

God, I'd stall to sign that if I were Pochettino. I suppose if he were to sign a contract like that it would include target clauses like Moyes' so we could sack him without parting with x years' worth of severance pay. That would help to prevent a Pardew situation.

What a statement if we could lock him to it though!

Lets hope it doesn't all go Alan Pardew if he signs it.

I am not sure if that is a little unfair or not. Ashley seems to have give AP a 6 year contract and then not wanted to back him. This season was a right off as soon as Cabaye was sold. If you give someone such a long term contract, then I would have thought it would be advisable to back him rather than hinder him. I do wonder whether anyone else would have done a better job than AP in his situation, being hamstrung by cockneys at every turn.

As for long term contracts, and if you are going to back the manager, then it does make sense so long as the relationship doesn't fall down. Looking at ManU and SAF, and to a lesser extent Arse and Whinger, a stable management team which is in place long term does produce results. And who benefits from such a long term contract? Certainly not the club, save for giving the manager a big vote of confidence (not that MP needs it), as if you sack someone, then the contract needs to be paid up - maybe that it the hardest bit to agree in negotiations, along with what the club's plans are. As WGS said, being sacked as a manager isn't like being sacked in the normal sense.

Not doubting the fact that you've got connections in the game, but would you say it was a genuine/useful source of information?

No.

Thought I'd share incase. I know he's working with people from Saints but was the first time he's ever told me something claiming to be ITK.

7 year deal from Saints or Spurs?

Either way surely thats too much, nobody would offer that much.

Doesn't sound crazy to me. If he's REALLY good someone will poach him and pay compensation. If he's only okay we stick with him. If he's awful we might have to sack him but would still be in that situation with any manager - perhaps the gamble they're making is about keeping the other players, so that could be factored into the equation.

I thought Pards had a clause in his contract whereby if he was sacked he didn't get a pay off of the full contract? Something like 1/2 years (which I'm sure is still a very nice pay day).

I imagine IF Poch has been offered 7 years, there would be something similar in there too. He would probably want some kind of get out for if a 'big club' comes in as well.

The most troubling element for me is the major increase in speculation that Lallana is looking to move, because I'd always had him pegged as someone who was very keen to stay.

Until now I've felt that most of the key members of the squad were reasonably committed, although Shaw was almost certain to leave. I was happy to accept that Pochettino was using brinkmanship to pressure Katharina and Ralph into coming out with the best possible salary and incentive package and - just as important to him - a significant transfer budget.

But the increase in speculation surrounding Lallana is really starting to make me think that he knows something we don't know, and that this has resulted in more "come and get me" signals, whether or not we see them.

Having said that, Pochettino is a smart man. While there's major appeal in going to one of the "big clubs", he's unlikely to do it if the key players in their squad are not the kind to play his kind of football. Few stack up better than us on that front. Something else he really likes, I suspect, is the ability to bring young players through who play football "his way", and - again - few clubs (if any) stack up better than us. With the salary and transfer budget issues resolved, he has more reasons to stay than to go.

Pochettino is the key piece in this jigsaw of speculation because if he were to commit to us, most of the key players probably would as well. Until then the speculation will continue to run riot, which makes it all the more surprising that Katharina and Ralph haven't brought this to a head. The longer they allow it to remain up in the air, the harder it will be to resolve it if things go pear-shaped.

Anxious times - all the more so because his decision could trigger a major exodus and a return to the scary drawing board.

AL's form this year irrespective of international selection was bound to attract attention and hence more speculation. Doesn't make it true though.

AL's form this year irrespective of international selection was bound to attract attention and hence more speculation. Doesn't make it true though.

it's the 'lets see what happens' when asked about leaving the club, that makes people believe something is in it

A seven year contract for any manager is crazy no matter who it is. It encourages the things you don't want - complacency and laziness and disincentives the things you need - reward based on results, freshness and a sense of needing to renew.

A seven year contract for any manager is crazy no matter who it is. It encourages the things you don't want - complacency and laziness and disincentives the things you need - reward based on results, freshness and a sense of needing to renew.

3 years seems to be the norm

unless it is 7 years but built within that are triggers for the club to extend every year should they wish

I doubt any long contract (like pardews) is just a 7 year contract and that is that

I'd imagine those sorts of contracts are heavy with incentives and performance-based bonuses. The problem is that our targets might be quite different in a few years' time and it's not easy to see that far into the future.

True, it can.

But another viewpoint might be to see it as providing stability, as an essential element to the development of a long-term strategy.

That might be more in line with a Swiss business mentality.

Just saying, is all.

I would like on the last game of the season again MAn U, for a table to be put on the pitch in front of everyone and have Mo Po sign on the dotted line along with some of the main players saying they are staying for the forceable future, wouldnt even care about the result after that. i can dream cant i,

I would like on the last game of the season again MAn U, for a table to be put on the pitch in front of everyone and have Mo Po sign on the dotted line along with some of the main players saying they are staying for the forceable future, wouldnt even care about the result after that. i can dream cant i,

....and for Dani Osvaldo to issue an apology to the fans and players and then him and Jose have a tearful hug and a laugh. Then Dani smashes in a hat-trick against Man U before raising his shirt to reveal a t-shirt with the words "I sorry I nearly spoiled the party" on it.

Genuine question.... When was the last time Monk got anything right???

Here we go again. SWF's equivalent of Alex Goring Crook.

I think you get a bit confused so I've decided to help you out. The last time you was satisfied with the end product was when I shared the Osvaldo information. (You continued to question it even though I shared the exact details with the exception of his shirt number).

Just because events haven't been confirmed,become public knowledge immediately or even finalised such as Lukaku's enquiry, the January targets, Astori DVD, Forren's training programme, Dani Benitez and much more (Adidas kit/Cortese, previous transfer targets in L1 & Champ, events behind the scenes). It doesn't make them untrue just because you personally advent seen proof. There has been one or two wide of the mark but I have self admitted my 'sources' or their position in the game

and I even publicly doubt any validating that particular person may have.

I share things I hear and things I know, make sure you do not confuse the two in the future. Additionally I'd be happy enough to post a photo of my old staff visitors pass but I'm sure you'll dress it up as a fake or something degrading. You clearly enjoy and engaging in things I share otherwise you would have blocked me and believe it or not this is the point of a forum.

I've never once said the contract is happening or is real, I passed on a surprising snippet from somebody in the game who has never expressed anything ITK before and I have also gone on record saying I doubt it's validility but I'm sure the others appreciated it.

So stop with your love-in with me, I won't be dragged into a **** measuring competition with you over claiming to be ITK, I'm sure you'll find all my posts asking not to be refered to that.

Genuine question.... When was the last time Monk got anything right???

I think you get a bit confused so I've decided to help you out. The last time you was satisfied with the end product was when I shared the Osvaldo information. (You continued to question it even though I shared the exact details with the exception of his shirt number).

Just because events haven't been confirmed,become public knowledge immediately or even finalised such as Lukaku's enquiry, the January targets, Astori DVD, Forren's training programme, Dani Benitez and much more (Adidas kit/Cortese, previous transfer targets in L1 & Champ, events behind the scenes). It doesn't make them untrue just because you personally haven't seen proof. There has been one or two wide of the mark but I have self admitted my 'sources' or their position in the game

I share things I hear and things I know, make sure you do not confuse the two in the future. Additionally I'd be happy enough to post a photo of my old staff visitors pass but I'm sure you'll dress it up as a fake or something degrading. You clearly enjoy and engaging in things I share otherwise you would have blocked me and believe it or not this is the point of a forum.

I've never once said the contract is happening or is real, I passed on a surprising snippet from somebody in the game who has never expressed anything ITK before and I have also gone on record saying I doubt it's validility but I'm sure the others appreciated it.

So stop with your love-in with me, I won't be dragged into a **** measuring competition with you over claiming to be ITK, I'm sure you'll find all my posts asking not to be refered to that. I still have all your PMs trying to befriend me and claim you have heard the same stuff. It's a shame, I'm sure your a lovely bloke in real life but your the busiest key board warrior on here.

Just because events haven't been confirmed,become public knowledge immediately or even finalised such as Lukaku's enquiry, the January targets, Astori DVD, Forren's training programme, Dani Benitez and much more (Adidas kit/Cortese, previous transfer targets in L1 & Champ, events behind the scenes). It doesn't make them untrue just because you personally advent seen proof. There has been one or two wide of the mark but I have self admitted my 'sources' or their position in the game

So stop with your love-in with me, I won't be dragged into a **** measuring competition with you over claiming to be ITK, I'm sure you'll find all my posts asking not to be refered to that.

He is just a troll fishing for a bite mate. Pathetic little man

Dont worry about it

True, it can.

But another viewpoint might be to see it as providing stability, as an essential element to the development of a long-term strategy.

That might be more in line with a Swiss business mentality.

Just saying, is all.

Maybe a rolling contract which always has two years left would do that.

Genuine question. When was the last time GS posted anything that wasn't bitterness driven bile?

He 'plants' positive posts every now and then so he can refer back to them when confronted with the question you posed. Its text book stuff :)