Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

Jeremy Wilson of Telegraph tweeted we weren't even having talks with Poch today! If he has already signed contract, that would explain why!

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph

Lambert, Lallana and Shaw all in Eng squad. #saintsfc considering offers for Shaw and Lallana. No talks planned today with Pochettino

What have they done with the turf - I could have done with a few rolls of that

And me.

Had I known they were doing that I'd have reversed the car round after the match yesterday, put the rear seats down and brought some back. Could have had my own piece of St Mary's in Gloucestershire.

What ? Play for us for 18 months and then get a mega-move to one of the biggest clubs in the World.

I'd argue that it is important to retain them for a few years so we actually get to see the benefit of all the work we've put into developing them and blooding them. I already see a few moaning about giving the likes of Gallagher game time.

If MP signs up I think we can all relax a bit. It doesn't guarantee Shaw and Lallana's future but it does indicate that he is happy with a plan to push on up the league. We may still see those two go, but if they do AND MP stays I would expect some quality replacements/signings that would improve the squad.

Is the rumour that Poch signed a new contract over the weekend totally unfounded?

Why would he? He has no particular loyalty to us, some of his best players will be sold and it appears we've reached our highest level. I'm not too sure he'd see the point.

Why would he? He has no particular loyalty to us, some of his best players will be sold and it appears we've reached our highest level. I'm not too sure he'd see the point.

Unless of course he has no other job offers coming in...... which case we might still be attractive for the time being.

Why would he want to go to Spurs?

Apparently he thinks the Europa League is crap ;-)

Exactly.....just signing someone else's successful personnel doesn't mean it will work somewhere else.

MP was signed because of his past experience in bringing on young players.....that takes more than one season.....maybe 3 or 4 - but what would he do with Spurs' squad of £100 million rejects?

methinks Spurs wouldn't be so patient with him after their time with AVP.

The problem is that people are assuming we'll be reinvesting every penny, when everything has pointed towards any $$$ we get...covering debts. They didn't make the comments about specific figures, and inheriting a difficult financial situation for the sake of it. They did it to prime us for sales and lower future investment in the first team squad.

Yes, but the debt we have only equates to the purchase price of Osvaldo & Gaston. IN the current PL that is nothing.

Why would he want to go to Spurs?

Apparently he thinks the Europa League is crap ;-)

Because he wants to keep working with JRod?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2626238/Spurs-set-bid-Saints-star-Jay-Rodriguez-joined-boss-Mauricio-Pochettino-White-Hart-Lane.html

ottenham will launch a bid for Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez in the coming weeks.Although the England forward is recovering from surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, the White Hart Lane club are convinced he will be back in action before the end of the year.

Southampton have already fielded bids of £25million from Manchester United for Luke Shaw and £20m from Liverpool for Adam Lallana and are now braced for Tottenham's opening gambit for Rodriguez.

Christ I hope not. Would hope Reed has another MP style Manager lined up not one of these dour Scottish wallies.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Uwe rossler ... If we lose mopo. But I'm still very hopeful we won't.