Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

I'm sure a nice flat in Knightsbridge for the pochettino's is better than ocean village

He probably won't get photographed having a pizza around there

It would only take him 1 1/2 hours to drive to work. Unless he went by tube but Christian Gross already used that ticket.

It would only take him 1 1/2 hours to drive to work. Unless he went by tube but Christian Gross already used that ticket.

It really wouldn't

Managed to get from the mall to south ruislip in an hour at 1630 yesterday

A lot of footballers live in Totteridge which is actually a watered down, Disneyworld version of Hampshire.

Thats a rather good characterisation except I'd say concentrated rather than watered down. Hadley Wood's a better option.

Depends on the traffic mate.

My commute from Stoke Newington (four miles south of White Hart Lane) to Kensington usually takes between around 60 - 90 minutes by car, sat in constant traffic jams. I can therefore confirm that High Street Kensington would not be an appropriate place for Pochettino to live if he moved to Spurs.

WOW. Late night developments.

GaryChappellDE: EXCLUSIVE: Southampton set to TREBLE Pochettino's wages to £6million a year to stop him joining Tottenham. @Daily_Express #THFC #Saints

Bnyf6DjIQAA5DyG.jpg:large

Crikey. That would be investment and a half.

£57m put into the squad wisely and we're laughing. Very sceptical but let's hope there's some truth to it.

Don't recognise Tony Banks' name. Any Saints stories in the past?

Crikey. That would be investment and a half.

£57m put into the squad wisely and we're laughing. Very sceptical but let's hope there's some truth to it.

Don't recognise Tony Banks' name. Any Saints stories in the past?

Tony Banks is cockney rhyming slang. I jest. Fingers crossed.

I think they've made a mistake as £6m p/a is £115k p/w! Its more likely to be £6m over the 3 years, so £2m p/a and £38k p/w.

I think you've made a mistake.

Pochettino has 12 months left on his current deal, worth a near £2m a year,

Unless Saints are breaking the bank by offering him the same deal??

Rather spend the money securing Poch than on transfers as I truly feel he is the perfect man to continue building the squad despite sales etc.

He has the club's best interests at heart I think and will fully look to exploit the academy to provide for the first team while supplementing with quality purchased using money from player sales.

Well worth it.

£115,000 p/w! Bloody hell! Does seem unlikely. :D

:lol::lol:

Classic MLG!

1) Post something incorrect.

2) Get called up on it. And get quoted on it.

3) Don't answer the ensuing replies. Instead, edit the original post.

4) Try to pretend the original error never happened, and hope no-one noticed.

5) TBC Deny it happened in the first place.

Classic MLG, absolutely classic.

Edited by The Kraken

When he goes to Spurs, the board can say "well, he turned down £6 million, he's the villain!" And then replace him with someone on a quarter of that. Everyone's a winner, except us losers.

£6m per year is quite frankly ********. Disappointed if we have really offered this.

Me too. Id rather players and managers moved on after a few years than we get sucked in to paying those kind of wages. Its never worked for any of the smaller clubs. Stick to people who want to be here for as long as it lasts then sell them on if they think they've outgrown us.

Classic MLG!

The guy was just making a point on football forum ... Why the aggressive point scoring reply?

Call me a cynic but this 'Break the Bank' exclusive smacks of a PR move by Saints to deflect the criticism if/when Poch does move. They can defend their stance by claiming to have offered him this bumper deal but ultimately his heart was set on Spurs.

For that kind of money he better speak bloody English next season.

:lol:

I can't see where this guy has got his figures from, doesn't really tie in with Krueger's responsibility/sustainability lines.\

BUT, I do believe in offering Poch a bumper deal (maybe not this much) to keep him, as I think it has become about more than just keeping a manager.

In a summer where we could lose Lallana and Shaw, keeping Pochettino is more important than ever.

For that kind of money he better speak bloody English next season.

He's doing a pretty good job as our manager without speaking English in interviews. Isn't it only the Daily Mail who are bothered about this? His English is clearly good enough to get his ideas across to the players. Not sure what benefit we'd get if he conducted his interviews in English.

Call me cynic but this smacks of his agent posting a story to make sure the eventual offer from spurs is ****ing massive. The press get these stories from agents not chairman.

Call me an optimist, but maybe he's stalling on signing a new deal / flirting with Tottenham not for his own financial gain, but so that the board will acquiesce to his wishes in order to keep him, guaranteeing that they won't sell our star players this summer while providing a "war chest" to push on for the Champions League :-)

Once he's secured the war chest we should send an offer of £17 million for Sturridge, saying we'd like the deal to be wrapped up before the World Cup.

Call me an optimist, but maybe he's stalling on signing a new deal / flirting with Tottenham not for his own financial gain, but so that the board will acquiesce to his wishes in order to keep him, guaranteeing that they won't sell our star players this summer while providing a "war chest" to push on for the Champions League :-)

Once he's secured the war chest we should send an offer of £17 million for Sturridge, saying we'd like the deal to be wrapped up before the World Cup.

That's the spirit.

If he stays at Saints, Saints finish above Spurs next season. If he goes to Spurs, Spurs finish above Saints next season. Somewhere between 5th - 8th probably. Zero sum game for Poch. If he goes, I'd have Nige back.

Pearson?

Not a bad shout but cant see him leaving Leicester now...

WOW. Late night developments.

GaryChappellDE: EXCLUSIVE: Southampton set to TREBLE Pochettino's wages to £6million a year to stop him joining Tottenham. @Daily_Express #THFC #Saints

Bnyf6DjIQAA5DyG.jpg:large

What to believe?! So many contradictory reports from the press.

Hope we can sort things out asap so we can build for next season. Really hope the Express are right! £57 million to spend would be rather exciting!

What to believe?! So many contradictory reports from the press.

A good starting point is to not believe anything from the Daily Express (or the Daily Star for that matter). Spectacularly weak journalism, the only national titles where 9 times out of 10 they literally are making it up.

Classic MLG!

Closely followed by a textbook Kraken smug critique ;)

Edited by trousers

May be the reason there has been no news yet is because of Van Gaal? I read an article yesterday which suggested Spurs are waiting to see if Ancelloti leaves Real Madrid after the Champions League Final. Their suggestion was that Levy has him as number one choice.

Far more likely is that Man U will target him as their first choice, allowing Levy to approach van Gaal again.

Poch is therefore on Spurs' list but probably not at all at the top