Is Jeremy Clarkson finished?

pap

John Prescott slugs a member of the public and remains Deputy Prime Minister.

Just saying, like....

What are you just saying?

If you think Prescott should have lost his job over it, then Clarkson losing his job would be the correct thing to happen right?

If you think Prescott should have lost his job over it, then Clarkson losing his job would be the correct thing to happen right?

Plus Prescott was provoked and it was a definite 'heat of the moment' incident. I wouldn't go so far as calling it self defence but if someone chucks an egg in your face you're allowed to lamp them one IMO.

Trousers - I wouldn't even bother looking at the Mirror's take on events. Given the history between Clarkson and Morgan it's going to be more biased than a Soviet radio station.

Edited by Lighthouse

Didn't JC once give Peirs Morgan a slap?

An offence so grave the only fitting punishment would have been to nominate him for 'The Queens Award for Industry' ...

Even Ghandi would have been tempted to hurl a sandal at him

I'm just making a comparison, I didn't offer an opinion. There are differences in that Prescott was caught egg-handed on video whereas this incident is still in the world of the unsubstantiated.

In addition to the alleged assault itself, this incident has also enabled Noel "fúcking" Edmonds to talk about "talent".

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/12/noel-edmonds-bbc-jeremy-clarkson-top-gear

Edmonds crawling out of his Deal or no Deal box is the final straw for me. Clarkson has to go.

fedf1afc-dc90-4cdc-a51a-60482364f385-620x372.jpeg

F*cks sake, where's Operation Yewtree when you need it :rolleyes:

Jeremy Clarkson threatened to have producer Oisin Tymon sacked before he punched him in the face during a 40-minute rant over a missing meal, his *disciplinary hearing will be told.

The Top Gear presenter allegedly ripped into his stunned colleague after arriving by helicopter at a hotel from a pub where he had been boozing heavily for several hours with co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond to find no hot food.

He called Oisin a “lazy, Irish c***” before splitting his lip with a punch that left the 36-year-old with blood running down his face and needing treatment in A&E, the BBC investigation will be told.

He also suffered dizziness, it is claimed.

One statement is to allege the presenter went nose to nose with the senior producer and barked at him: “You’ll be on the dole tomorrow. I’m going to make sure you will not have a job.”

Jeremy Clarkson jokes about punching someone in the face

But the Mirror understands Clarkson, who is suspended, will vehemently dispute using xenophobic language when he is called before the inquiry conducted by BBC Scotland head Ken MacQuarrie.

On the day of the bust-up the *controversial 54-year-old star had been filming with May and Hammond at the Top Gear studio in Dunsfold, Surrey, before being flown by helicopter to Yorkshire where more scenes were to be shot.

They had been due to arrive at 8pm.

But the trio had kept the aircraft waiting for two hours while they stayed in a local pub to drink.

Clarkson is said to have been on red wine. By the time they arrived at Simonstone Hall, near Hawes, other Top Gear staff had gone to bed, fearing a scene.

One assistant had organised *platters of cold food.

A source said: “Oisin had waited to see the presenters before going to bed, but when Clarkson arrived he was very agitated. You could hear him screaming abuse in the hotel bar. He kept saying, ‘He’s f*****g gone,’ while people tried to calm him down.”

Bob Ward and his family witnessed the furious tirade.

The 60-year-old, from Leeds, had asked Clarkson to pose with him for a selfie, but he replied: “No, not with the day I have had.”

Bob’s wife Sue claimed the host complained that it was “ridiculous here was nothing to eat” and he thought the producer had not done his job properly. She added: “Obviously there were lots of expletives in between all this.

“Clarkson told his colleague he would see to it that he would be losing his job.”

Another relative, Denise, added: “It was the shock of how can someone be so rude? It was the swearing and the length of time and this poor guy he ripped into.”

Phil Harris / Daily Mirror Jeremy Clarkson

Jeremy Clarkson leaves his West London home

After the row ended, Clarkson is believed to have been placated with a £21.95 steak cooked for him by the hotel’s general manager Robert Scott.

Oisin, who was treated at Friarage Hospital in Northallerton, is expected to give the *investigation a full account of what happened within days.

Paul Daniels – employment lawyer at Slater and Gordon – declined to comment on the fracas but said: “We are assisting Oisin Tymon in relation to *incidents occurring during his *employment with the BBC.

“I want to make it very clear that our client will not be making any statement until the BBC investigation has taken its course.”

Clarkson is being represented by law firm Olswang.

Company partner Ian Felstead said: “Olswang has no comment to make on anything.”

The BBC also declined to comment on the row.

Today we revealed Clarkson himself reported the incident to BBC director of television Danny Cohen – after he realised the rest of the team were furious over it. So far more than 800,000 people have signed a petition to save his job.

He has attracted high-profile support, with David Cameron calling him a “huge talent”.

And friends have said Clarkson is “intensely relaxed” despite the furore.

He has since joked about his position, changing his Twitter profile to read: “I am probably a presenter on the BBC2 motoring show Top Gear.”

But chat show host Jonathan Ross, no stranger to *controversy himself, told ITV’s Loose Women: “If you’re abusive to someone at work, no, that can’t be allowed.”

Jonathan Ross on the Jeremy Clarkson fracas incident

Asked if he was surprised so many back Clarkson, Wossy said: “No, because they weren’t the ones getting hit.”

Clarkson, May and Hammond are scheduled to appear at four live Top Gear shows in Norway on March 27 and 28.

A decision on whether to go ahead is expected early next week.

Their contracts with the show expire just a few days later.

The last three episodes of the series have been put on hold while the investigation continues.

If Clarkson is cleared and reinstated the programmes could be finished and shown at a later date.

The BBC today apologised to viewers who complained about the *postponed episodes.

It said many had expressed “their disappointment”. So Batman, after reading this are you still happy that you signed the petition to reinstate your buddy?

Edited by sadoldgit

Sadoldgit

I assume your post is a culmination of various peoples perception of what has happened and may or may not be accurate ?

The BBC may still be investigating the incident but what I find interesting is that Mr Tymon has already engaged lawyers .

Why ?

Normally during employment disciplinary investigations and subsequent disciplinary hearing lawyers are excluded from the process . They don't normally get involved until and if a case is lodged with an employment .

I don't know if the BBC's disciplinary policy and procedure allows for lawyers to be present . But the process is meant to be none adversarial .

Maybe Mr Tymon has engaged some ambulance chasing lawyers to get ooddles of compensation ?

From my point of view I will allow the disciplinary process to be fully completed including any subsequent appeal before making a professional comment

Until then I will continue to smile at the trial by media that is currently being played out

Oh I can see why the mirror paper group are enjoying the clarksons story . It allows them to deflect the spotlight away from them re the phone hacking scandal .

Sadoldgit

I assume your post is a culmination of various peoples perception of what has happened and may or may not be accurate ?

The BBC may still be investigating the incident but what I find interesting is that Mr Tymon has already engaged lawyers .

Why ?

Normally during employment disciplinary investigations and subsequent disciplinary hearing lawyers are excluded from the process . They don't normally get involved until and if a case is lodged with an employment .

I don't know if the BBC's disciplinary policy and procedure allows for lawyers to be present . But the process is meant to be none adversarial .

Maybe Mr Tymon has engaged some ambulance chasing lawyers to get ooddles of compensation ?

From my point of view I will allow the disciplinary process to be fully completed including any subsequent appeal before making a professional comment

Until then I will continue to smile at the trial by media that is currently being played out

Oh I can see why the mirror paper group are enjoying the clarksons story . It allows them to deflect the spotlight away from them re the phone hacking scandal .

It mentions in the same article that Clarkson is being represented by Olswang. Last I knew they were lawyers.

It mentions in the same article that Clarkson is being represented by Olswang. Last I knew they were lawyers.

I missed that bit fowllyd

That would suggest a civil case is also pending . It is very very unusual for lawyers to be represented with internal proceedings unless a compromise agreement is being considered for clarkson or both parties .

Too much information is being bandied about re this breach of BBC staff rules .

I deal with these disciplinary cases almost weekly . Including. Violence at work . And as an HR professional I'm pretty appalled by the trial by media that is being played . It doesn't help either side

The BBC should have instructed all it's employees not to mention anything in public, news , chat shows and sports programmes etc etc . A joke was made about clarksons at the start of today's final score on BBC Scotland by the two presenters

I find SOG's long post more than a little odd frankly.

On one hand I see it categorically stated that Jeremy Clarkson apparently ''punched him in the face'' resulting in a injury sufficiently serious for the Producer in question to require hospital treatment. That would obviously be a grave matter that would require virtually instant dismissal from any serious job and a police arrest for good old 'Common Assault' too you would think. However, the quotes obtained from various eyewitness make no mention of this rather pertinent fact and concentrate instead only on the length of this now notorious 'fracas' and the foul language employed by JC. Very strange.

Perhaps the alleged assault occurred at some point when the quoted eye witnesses were not present, or maybe there is something not quite right with the story. Whichever it be I await further developments with interest.

I wouldn't have bothered working for a local utility company and besides I was in a union, but in a high profile case like this when your employment has been threatened, I'd like to have back up. As his legal firm said..

“I want to make it very clear that our client will not be making any statement until the BBC investigation has taken its course.” In other words, if the BBC had tried to cover-up or sack him he reserves the right to pursue the case, but I suspect they aren't involved at the moment.

As for complaining about trial by media: you live by the sword you die by the sword...

It's all a bit 'he said, she said' at the moment but as others have said, if there is to be a disciplinary hearing then all sides are supposed to keep their comments under wraps.

Why do you say that? There seems to be little dispute about the basic claim that a 'fracas' took place and that it involved something between a push ('handbags' in Clarkson's words) and a punch.

I see that Oisin Tyman is now being hounded with threatening messages, presumably by TG fans of one kind or another. The one outcome I think is most likely from this is that Tyman will not be working on the show if it continues, especially if Clarkson is allowed to return.

Why do you say that? There seems to be little dispute about the basic claim that a 'fracas' took place and that it involved something between a push ('handbags' in Clarkson's words) and a punch.

I see that Oisin Tyman is now being hounded with threatening messages, presumably by TG fans of one kind or another. The one outcome I think is most likely from this is that Tyman will not be working on the show if it continues, especially if Clarkson is allowed to return.

Because so far it is all a bit anecdotal.

The 'anecdotes' that are the some of the key facts of the case have been the subject of a BBC press release.

I can only find this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/statements/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear

Where they describe a 'fracas'.

If there is to be a disciplinary hearing then the BBC would have acted inappropriately in releasing any allegations without the agreement if all parties.

Sadoldgit

Why ?

Hi Viking, I copied that from the Mirror website. Not sure there is much that will deflect from their phone hacking problems but as Clarkson is a columnist for The Sun perhaps they having a pop at a rival? Like everyone here I don't not know the truth of the matter but if this account is true then it is appalling. What really irks me is the fact that over 800,000 people have signed a petition to have him reinstated before the outcome of the hearing is known. It appears that even if this account is true they don't care. Here we don't only just have racist abuse (and remember what a reaction there was to the Chelsea fans on the Paris metro) but a common assault that would see any normal mortal arrested. Going back to the Mirror piece, I am assuming if it is not true then Clarkson could bring legal action against the paper.

Jeremy Clarkson is also an anagram of "Snarly Mock Jeer".

I am sure its also an anagram of ''Unfunny, irrelevant, bullying c***''... but I could be wrong*

*the c*** can represent Mr May's favourite softer naughty work, or what Mr Crassson called the Irish producer, allegedly according to the hotel guest witnesses... who knows as its a crazy world out there. Meanwhile in other news, Eight people at least killed in a tropical cyclone, but as there were no British passport holders among them, its far less important than the histrionics over a 50 something former public schoolboy acting like a spoiled tosser... shucks, there's something I never thought I'd see.... Zzzzzz

As an aside to this heated debate, I briefly found myself behind the wheel of one of Clarkson's very favorite cars yesterday - the might Mercedes C63 AMG.

Now I've driven a few cars in my time ... but GREAT SHATNER'S GHOST those things are quick!

:scared:

They certainly are.

Driving a McClaren MP4-12C and a Ferrari 458 tomorrow - should be fun.

So looks likely he will go, certainly that is what Clarkson is hinting. Good on May and Hammond refusing to film without him, at least they have some loyalty to him.

New program on Sky or similar with those 3, pretty much guaranteed as originally thought.

What about some loyalty to the viewers, the production staff, the programme? I used to think those two were ok and that Clarkson was the problem. They of all people know exactly what happened. They may have been off of their heads on booze at the time but would have been brought up to speed later. To be fair to May he did say that Clarkson was guilty of being a nob later. Still bullies always have their acolytes. I would have had a lot more respect for the side kicks if they had carried on. Are we likely to see a new petition from 800,000 asking for May and Hammond to make the three programmes without Clarkson? No probably not. So it is not about the show, it is all about Clarkson. God help us at the election.

What about some loyalty to the viewers, the production staff, the programme? I used to think those two were ok and that Clarkson was the problem. They of all people know exactly what happened. They may have been off of their heads on booze at the time but would have been brought up to speed later. To be fair to May he did say that Clarkson was guilty of being a nob later. Still bullies always have their acolytes. I would have had a lot more respect for the side kicks if they had carried on. Are we likely to see a new petition from 800,000 asking for May and Hammond to make the three programmes without Clarkson? No probably not. So it is not about the show, it is all about Clarkson. God help us at the election.

The show IS Clarkson though. Like it or not, a point I made much earlier in this thread, the show is nothing without Clarkson. May and Hammond know this, and anyway, there is no doubt they are good friends.

I actually thought it was quite refreshing to read somebody else's opinion for a change. Is this Mr. Angry stuff of yours some kind of fetish?

As someone noted above, the show will re-appear in a similar format on another channel with the 3 amigos in place.

The BBC SHOULD do the right thing, of course, but unless they can get a clause into the termination that prevents the guys from going to another channel, they may be shooting themselves in the foot.

That sort of clause would be illegal - you can't stop people from working.

Agreed