Is Jeremy Clarkson finished?

pap

They are up against the Voice on BBC1 who have a Saturday Sunday extravaganza, it's a tactical thing to get the voyeurs to watch TG in greater numbers the following Sunday.

So much of this is staged for effect, Porsche number plate in Argentina, Asian gentleman on a bridge with what most of the viewing public had a slope from left to right on it but someone of Asian upbringing hears the word and bingo controversy when most folks watching had never even knew the word slope had a derogatory meaning!

Top Gear is the Beebs biggest export by a country mile with Clarkson bumbling at the helm they are not going to knife it.

And? Don't really get your point.

All that tells me is they are more circumspect when managing their public pronouncements than their co-host.

It certainly doesn't say they are both quitting to go to Sky.

Where did I say it did? Read my post again, it was a new paragraph, had nothing to do with what was said before it.

Where did I say it did? Read my post again, it was a new paragraph, had nothing to do with what was said before it.

Apologies for not accepting two words as a paragraph.

Good luck in your application for a role at the Portsmouth News.

Apologies for not accepting two words as a paragraph.

Good luck in your application for a role at the Portsmouth News.

Brilliant, even when you read something incorrectly, you have to try to blame someone else.

Classic CB Fry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next time you struggle with your reading, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Brilliant, even when you read something incorrectly, you have to try to blame someone else.

Classic CB Fry [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Next time you struggle with your reading, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Are all three of those paragraphs all about the same topic, or are you covering new topics in each of the three?

Are all three of those paragraphs all about the same topic, or are you covering new topics in each of the three?

Different subjects on the same theme, ie you're reply. The same as before, ie disagreeing with your post about Top Gear, and talking about the TG presenters attitude towards the issue.

Glad I could help.

Different subjects on the same theme, ie you're reply. The same as before, ie disagreeing with your post about Top Gear, and talking about the TG presenters attitude towards the issue.

Glad I could help.

Yet my enquiry to you about what you expected them to be concerned about you can't seem to muster a response to.

[NEW PARAGRAPH] Oh well.

Oh sorry, I thought that was pretty obvious. Losing their jobs.

That Ok, love?

Glad to see you're getting the hang of paragraphs btw.

You seriously think they'd be tweeting things to that effect do you?

And you're having a go at me for a lack of comprehension.

LOL and indeed LOL.

You seriously think they'd be tweeting things to that effect do you?

And you're having a go at me for a lack of comprehension.

LOL and indeed LOL.

My word, you're still going? You could start an argument in an empty room!

I think if they were worried about keeping their jobs or the outcome of the investigation, their lawyers would have advised them not to tweet anything about the show...Pretty standard.

My word, you're still going? You could start an argument in an empty room!

I think if they were worried about keeping their jobs or the outcome of the investigation, their lawyers would have advised them not to tweet anything about the show...Pretty standard.

So could you. Pretty sure I'm the one who said the BBC would want to keep them.

I wonder if the BBC owns the rights to Top Gear?

He's a dinosaur

As to the question, no, the rights are co-owned by BBC Worldwide (a commercial operation) and executive producer Andy Wilman and Clarkson's production company. As with other BBC WW properties, they could easily decamp to another broadcaster.

As to the statement, I think you need to find a non-deceased animal analogy, because he's not becoming extinct on British television any time soon.

Tries to give the impression that he's a bit of a geezer.

Educated at public school and is a phoney ***t. The other 2 Top gear presenters are exactly the same.

Top Gear? Top Sh!te.

**Applause**

Special mention has to go to the fúckwits that go to the studio.

TopGearS15E02.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

717d1332703969-vlc.png

Cribbed this from the BBC comments on the story

"My Predictions

1. BBC sack Clarkson.

2. Rest of Top Gear team leave.

3. Replaced by Ant & Dec with Clare Balding.

4. 'More Powerrrr!' starts on Sky with Clarkson, Hammond and May.

5. BBC cancel new Top Gear after one series.

6. Sky make £200m annual profit from 'More Powerrrrr!'

7. BBC Director General resigns after BBC Worldwide makes losses of £300m a year.

8. Ex BBC DG becomes a Labour peer."

Well, if Clarkson goes it will be the end of the program In its current guise.

They'll all go to Sky or another channel, get paid more and carry on. It is the biggest program in the world, and it is a massive money maker for the BBC, but that's life.

That's Life was the biggest programme in the world and a massive money maker............. you sure...:rolleyes:

I think Claxson will leave and they will replace him with some other arrogant, half witted, northern oaf...

Come to think of it, I wonder what John Prescott's doing. Tick's all of the above boxes and likes his cars aswell....... and he already has the gut that Claxson is currently developing.

Issue Sorted...

I wonder what John Prescott's doing. Tick's all of the above boxes and likes his cars aswell....... and he already has the gut that Claxson is currently developing.

Issue Sorted...

Its not actually a bad idea. I like him as a personality, better than Tiff Bleeding Needell

They are up against the Voice on BBC1 who have a Saturday Sunday extravaganza, it's a tactical thing to get the voyeurs to watch TG in greater numbers the following Sunday.

So much of this is staged for effect, Porsche number plate in Argentina, Asian gentleman on a bridge with what most of the viewing public had a slope from left to right on it but someone of Asian upbringing hears the word and bingo controversy when most folks watching had never even knew the word slope had a derogatory meaning!

Top Gear is the Beebs biggest export by a country mile with Clarkson bumbling at the helm they are not going to knife it.

Maybe the word "slope" has fallen out of usuage so much since the Vietnamese War but I know what it meant and I am sure others do to. Clarkson knows what he is doing.

Careful Bear; Top Gear has many supporters here.

Some posters would even abandon gymkhana lessons to be amongst the sad, wet, middle-class crowd of c**ts that fawn over the presenters' every word.

Good old Frankie:

@frankieboyle: One of the few things less entertaining than Top Gear is dull snobbery about the sort of people that like Top Gear

Frankie and I are still cool.

Also for all those people supporting Clarkson over this, would you feel the same if it was you he punched just because you hadn't arranged some food?

People often react instinctively when faced with food problems...

[video=youtube;5XTiI1e-wVc]

SKY and Clarkson are made for each other. Also for all those people supporting Clarkson over this, would you feel the same if it was you he punched just because you hadn't arranged some food?

Surely, he is innocent until proven guilty?

The same goes for Jimmy Saville. Best to just let Clarkson say and act however he pleases because a large demographic find him entertaining.

Very surprised people a re so ready to defend him with his history. Meanwhile Clarkson and his friends and family continue to make light of the situation and joke about it on twitter. The same kind of leniency wasn't made to the likes of Ron Atkinson or Glen Hoddle. Who had to rebuild a career after just one controversial comment.

He's been let off the hook numerous times and by the sounds of it this is his worst offence, but he's of the attitude that he can do what whatever he likes because he's backed by an army of morons (or adoring fans).

The same goes for Jimmy Saville. Best to just let Clarkson say and act however he pleases because a large demographic find him entertaining.

Very surprised people a re so ready to defend him with his history. Meanwhile Clarkson and his friends and family continue to make light of the situation and joke about it on twitter. The same kind of leniency wasn't made to the likes of Ron Atkinson or Glen Hoddle. Who had to rebuild a career after just one controversial comment.

He's been let off the hook numerous times and by the sounds of it this is his worst offence, but he's of the attitude that he can do what whatever he likes because he's backed by an army of morons (or adoring fans).

hasn't it been proven that Saville is not guilty.

Although he is not here to defend himself, the law has deemed it right that he was/is guilty

Clarkson will be afforded the right to defend himself as he is still breathing?

unless, you think these are are EXACTLY the same???

Meanwhile Clarkson and his friends and family continue to make light of the situation and joke about it on twitter. The same kind of leniency wasn't made to the likes of Ron Atkinson or Glen Hoddle. Who had to rebuild a career after just one controversial comment.

I give bros leniency if they're joking :thumbup: I'm not race-hate, honest, but e.g. i thought the slope joke was v.funny.

hasn't it been proven that Saville is not guilty.

Although he is not here to defend himself, the law has deemed it right that he was/is guilty

Clarkson will be afforded the right to defend himself as he is still breathing?

unless, you think these are are EXACTLY the same???

What the f*ck are you gibbering about?

Well, he's no innocent, and he may be innocent, so why don't we wait for the outcome of the investigation?

Most suspensions from work happen when there is a serious allegation, not just getting a report in late, or a bit of a verbal barney. The fact that the programmes have all been pulled would suggest that there is a serious case to answer, as nobody would do it just for the fun of it because they didn't like him. In the meantime I suggest that isn't appropriate to sign any petitions, for or against, and if Guido Fawkes did start one it just confirms his ****tishness.

Yes, but nobody knows the circumstances and context yet.

There have been a number of reports and clearly his bosses feel that he has a case to answer as he is the only one suspended. I am sure there is a very good reason for it though - just as he didn't know that there was an Asian guy on the bridge when he made his slope comment, he had no idea about the car number plate in Argentina etc etc.

i think the blokes a first rate ****,cut from the same privileged cloth has nigel farage but alot of people get enjoyment around the world from top gear so hopefully it can be sorted out amicably, we have all had fall outs with people we know and hopefully they can shake hands and move on.

Some of the people on here that don't like what he did were probably quite happy to sing in support of Lee Barnard after he smacked someone in a club.

What I don't understand is people who REALLY like him. To the point where they will go on social media and forums and spend ages defending him. He's just a middle aged bloke in bad clothes who shouts controversial twaddle while presenting a programme about cars. I think he's a complete ***t but I wouldn't spend ages on the web banging on about it.

Also, cars are dull.

Cribbed this from the BBC comments on the story

"My Predictions

1. BBC sack Clarkson.

2. Rest of Top Gear team leave.

3. Replaced by Ant & Dec with Clare Balding.

4. 'More Powerrrr!' starts on Sky with Clarkson, Hammond and May.

5. BBC cancel new Top Gear after one series.

6. Sky make £200m annual profit from 'More Powerrrrr!'

7. BBC Director General resigns after BBC Worldwide makes losses of £300m a year.

8. Ex BBC DG becomes a Labour peer."

Don't think your far wrong there Nostradamus.

Yep, clearly if you don't arrange food when a superstar wants it you deserve to get a smack in the face. Sadly you are right though, the Clarkson apologists are out in force.

Let's just wait and see. As someone who is strict on the rule of law you seem to want to decide he is guilty as it is only allegations at the mo is it not?

Edited by Batman