Can ManYoo reach double figures ?

alpine_saint

The Highest scoring professional football match ever, Arbroath against Bon Accord in the Scottish Cup 1885 (note the year). Where Arbroath scored 36 without reply has to be broken some time, and don't say that in modern football that would never happen, only in 2002 Australia smashed a Samoan team 31-0 I believe

They will take their foot of the gas if it goes past 5 nil and go into cruise control. Can't see it getting embarassing even if they put out a full strength side.

Will be interesting to see if any of our players get injured/ill etc before the game and can't play. Wouldn't be suprised to see Davies, Lallana, Euell, Surman, Skacel etc all sit it out to avoid getting cup tied.

I've never been more concerned about a total and utter humilation. Of course we're used to the odd 7 goal drubbing at places like Everton, even when we were in the premiership, but the gulf in class between us and United is truly frightening.

I actually think we will be worse off it they play their kids - which Fergie is bound to do, no need for a first team vs. us - as they always look to impress and they have an incredible array of talent. It could truly be double figures, no doubt about it, but I suspect it will end up being 5 or 6-1 (the '1' possibly coming first to jerk them into action...).

I've never been more concerned about a total and utter humilation. Of course we're used to the odd 7 goal drubbing at places like Everton, even when we were in the premiership, but the gulf in class between us and United is truly frightening.

I actually think we will be worse off it they play their kids - which Fergie is bound to do, no need for a first team vs. us - as they always look to impress and they have an incredible array of talent. It could truly be double figures, no doubt about it, but I suspect it will end up being 5 or 6-1 (the '1' possibly coming first to jerk them into action...).

LOL @ us scoring a goal at home :shock:

If Saints did win or draw I would seriously question why they can't motivate themselves for CC games.

It would be craziest result, but you can just see it happening, then all the press will laud Lowe and his vision, and won't notice us being relegated to League 1 after we lose to Histon [insert name of appropriate lowest ranked team] in the 4th Round.

Yes, as they could on their day against any CCC team.

On their day they easily score 4 against most the premiership at home, sometimes away. They're the best team in the world, I don't see any shame in losing 4-0, 5-0, 10-0, whatever, we're lightyears behind.

What I see shame in, is players not even trying and fighting for the club. I don't care if anyone isn't good enough, that's not their fault, and not our fault we can't afford better, but lazy players not giving their all is disgusting, and that's what I saw yesterday. Typified by DMG of course, who just struts around showing nothing but distain for anyone that cares about the club.

What they did to us in 2004/5 was bad enough - 4-0 and it could have been 10 but for Smith. Anders & Oakley got bullied by Roy Keane running on a knackered hip and no knee cartlidge. Bearing in mind that even a post-cruciate Oakley and fading Anders are light years ahead of anything we have now, it doesn't bear thinking about.

I agree that some of the lads weren't trying on Saturday. Surman needs to be dropped as he's mentally already elsewhere and his pathetic bottling of that challenge was directly to blame for the 2nd goal, albeit beautifully finished by Garner. Shame, as he's looked better until the last month or so when the window has been looming. Lallana is struggling in this side, he needs a monster alongside him to help him win the ball and some space. Morgan S is a good long-term prospect but not for the present situation. McGoldrick wouldn't get a game in the Conference - honestly, he's that bad. Did Rupert really think when offering the prat a 3 year deal that a ratio of 0 goals in 19 appearancesor Port Vale was going to cut the mustard? He couldn't even score returning to Notts Co on loan when they were at the bottom of the entire Football League! Rupert has made too many mistakes since returning, his judgement is appalling, if the club was run professionally he'd be getting removed at the AGM but Askham and pals have made so much money out of him the muppets won't vote against him and King Muppet Wilde loves having Rupert as a fans' scapegoat, which is the only reason Lowe is there. It certainly isn't for his talent, leadership or decision-making!

Setanta have had a record of showing some surprises so far this season. The last 4 games shown:

Barrow 2-1 Brentford

Histon 1-0 Leeds

Kettering 2-1 Notts County

Blyth Spartans 1-0 Bournemouth

Despite this and the general 'magic of the cup', I doubt even Albus Dumbledore could conjure up a spell that will turn our dutch style misfits into worldwide heroes.

Prediction: Southampton 0-4 Man Utd (tevez, scholes, tevez, welbeck)

I assume Poortvliet will change his formation/approach for this game....i.e. switch to a defensive 5-4-1 formation in an attempt to secure a draw and a replay at Old Trafford ?

It would be financial folly to stick with 4-3-3 in a blinkered loyalty to playing pretty football in defeat.

Surely?

Setanta have had a record of showing some surprises so far this season. The last 4 games shown:

Barrow 2-1 Brentford

Histon 1-0 Leeds

Kettering 2-1 Notts County

Blyth Spartans 1-0 Bournemouth

Despite this and the general 'magic of the cup', I doubt even Albus Dumbledore could conjure up a spell that will turn our dutch style misfits into worldwide heroes.

Prediction: Southampton 0-4 Man Utd (tevez, scholes, tevez, welbeck)

You made me larf here ... that somehow 0-4 might be another one of those surprises!

I reckon they could if they played for 90minutes, and we know how The Other Arrogant Beetroot-Faced Bastard in Football loves to put out a full-strength team against us...:(

As ever Alpine, a little ray of sunshine and hope.......

but I reckon 6 would be a fair bet.