The Players We Should Sign From This WC

Noodles34

I suppose having 2 J-Rods would be greedy, not to mention expensive.

Given that Monaco paid €40m for him a year ago and also bought Falcao at the same time, I suspect they're not going to be selling.

I wonder how much it would take to extract Joel Campbell from Arsenal? Incredible workrate, might not be out of the question if Wenger has the same attitude to him that Mourinho has to Lukaku... and his value is declining by the second at the moment but HCDAJFU...

I wonder how much it would take to extract Joel Campbell from Arsenal? Incredible workrate, might not be out of the question if Wenger has the same attitude to him that Mourinho has to Lukaku... and his value is declining by the second at the moment but HCDAJFU...

Not exactly the same -in part, Wenger was forced to loan Campbell out because of work permit issues.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned him yet so apologies if i missed it earlier in the thread, but Jose Holebas for Greece has looked great in every game and as we're minus a left back, would be a cracking signing. Strong quick, and a great delivery as well, which is probably the one area that Luke really lacked

I think Rodriguez has been bloody good again for the Swiss. We could do a hell of a lot worse than to replace Shaw with him.

We could have done it in January perhaps, now it's too late, everybody has seen he's as good as I said he is. We'll get a championship level LB, someone from an England Unders side.

I think this world cup shows exactly why you shouldn't buy players just based on a world cup.

So many good players struggling, european teams full of players who'd be fantastic in our league, struggling. We'd love the entire spain reserve team, yet spain were poor. Are we to believe Costa Rica are amazing? Chile with their Cardiff, Forest or Wigan players should be snapped up? A lot of players play out of their skins for their countries, especially smaller nations. It's fantastic to see, but a lousy transfer strategy.

I even remember, think it was 2002, when there seemed to be a lot of interest in Gary Breen based on his world cup.

Another example is probably El-Hadj Douif .

But Rodriguez has been class at club level for a few years too. Just seeing what he can do at the world stage now, as well as everyone else unfortunately.

Not from the world cup, but in terms of young English players would/could Eric Dier, Steven Caulker and Tom Ince be any good?

We've not had a great track record at buying expensive exotic players and in recent years some of our best signings have been English players in their early 20s (e.g. J Rod, Clyne, Cork).

Pablo Armero was on loan at West Ham towards the end of last season and failed to impress.

As said below:

I think this world cup shows exactly why you shouldn't buy players just based on a world cup.

So many good players struggling, european teams full of players who'd be fantastic in our league, struggling. We'd love the entire spain reserve team, yet spain were poor. Are we to believe Costa Rica are amazing? Chile with their Cardiff, Forest or Wigan players should be snapped up? A lot of players play out of their skins for their countries, especially smaller nations. It's fantastic to see, but a lousy transfer strategy.

I even remember, think it was 2002, when there seemed to be a lot of interest in Gary Breen based on his world cup.

I'd also be sceptical of South American signings given our previous experiences. Unless we're bringing inthe real top dollar signings which we won't be, we're likely to end up with a heap of trouble.