The Players We Should Sign From This WC

Noodles34

Thought there were some good players in the Swiss team, Shaqiri looked decent in spells would prefer we signed Josip Drmić! Has a great goalscoring record and his goal should have counted in the Switzerland game.

Signed Blind on FM last year and played him at CB and he played well (obviously that's just a simulation but apparently he can play there. I also have him in my WC dream team and am amazed that he won me less points than Gerard Pique did!!

Obviously Campbell looked great for Costa Rica, but I don't see Arsenal selling him to another PL team.

Think I've already mentioned some of the Mexican players, and they looked great vs Cameroon. There are a couple players in their team that I'd love to see in the Premier League, preferably with Saints!

hmm with our imminent new manager I've had a chance to do some research and after a lot of thought I've come to the conclusion we should consider adding to our squad with at least all of these chaps.

Cillessen,

Janmaat,

Vlaar,

De Vrij

Martins Indi,

Blind,

De Guzman,

Sneijder,

De Jong,

Van Persie

Jeremain Lens

Robben

If we don't sign at least these players then It will be blindingly obvious that the new board has no ambition at all and thinks we are a bunch of mugs.

Interesting dynamics of agents - Koemans share agent with;

Depay,

Wesley Schneider

Pelle

Lens

Finbogatson

Van persie

;)

I think we can expect Pelle to follow, but Depay would be an impressive potential recruit from those listed.

The lad's 21 though - plenty of time to improve on that aspect of his game. With a coach like Koeman to mentor him on the defensive art I think he could come on in leaps and bounds!

Wow, looked older. Still more games to go. Must be other gems.

Isn't there some sort of wise coaching maxim about never signing a player off a good national tournament, something about trusting your scouting network etc. I would assume that if we do sign someone from this cup its because we have been tracking them a long time.

Think old Arshavin is a prime example of a good tournament from the euro's.

That being said, anyone who has been described as either "a beast" or "class" I can get on the bandwagon with ;-)

Portsmouth are rumoured to have a couple of targets in the WC. They will have to be quick tho before someone flushes.

:lol:

I suspect they might even have one of those motion sensor flushers, that flush before you even get the chance to take a look at what's on offer.

I agree, Ochoa has had a great match for Mexico against Brazil.

And he's a free agent!!

Get him signed up.......

Yes. He is free after Ajaccio got relegated. Would be a fantastic competitor alongside Boruc. Doubt he will ask too big salary.

And Koeman speaks Spanish good as well, lots of Spanish speaking players in our clubl, so should be good for settling in Southampton.

Vargas looks like a quality player, Napoli have loaned him out for the last couple of seasons so maybe if we wave a bit of money under their noses they'll take it? Can play wide or as a striker, and works very well in the system that Chile are playing.

Vargas looks like a quality player, Napoli have loaned him out for the last couple of seasons so maybe if we wave a bit of money under their noses they'll take it? Can play wide or as a striker, and works very well in the system that Chile are playing.

Don't suppose they'd want a Pablo Dani O in part exchange by any chance ?