Saints sign Pelle - Official

offix

Sorry but that's nonsense. Stop rewritting history, Rickie and lallana are proven Premier players. Rickie has scored goals at every level he's stepped up to as well as being our talisman and a leader. Adam had a great year and was one of the players of the season. We are entering the unknown , you can not say the nonsense you're saying as nobody knows. They may turn out to be better, but the only reason you think they are is because they've signed for us. As soon as we sign a left back, no doubt you'll declare him as good as Shaw.

^ Yep. Hopefully both the lads signed this week turn out to be gems. Time will tell

Stating the obvious but... you can still win a game if you concede, you can't win if you don't score (0-0 the best you can get).

Thanks for clarifying that in brackets.

One can see how you breezed through the interview for that Football Manger stats job.

I did mention at the beginning it was stating the obvious, but read it in the context of the post I was replying to and not as an isolated point made my me...

Far be it for me to disagree with RK, but it is not conceding goals that gets points, not scoring goals.
Edited by Matthew Le God

What was good about us last year and what helped is to 3rd was our defence

We are never going to out score better sides. But we stayed in games and nicked a gaol

And now our manager is one of the all time great defenders in World football. I'm not worried myself about how our defence is going to turn out, even if we are without Shaw and Lovren. We are sometimes going to outscore better sides

What was good about us last year and what helped is to 3rd was our defence

We are never going to out score better sides. But we stayed in games and nicked a gaol

To 'out score' = To 'score more goals than'

Isn't 1-0 out scoring the opposition?

Maybe it has to be more goals than that? Say, 3-1? So we could never beat Man Utd or Citeh 3-1?

Or does it have to be more, iyo? Say, 6-3?

Nope, that could never happen!!

:mcinnes:

To 'out score' = To 'score more goals than'

Isn't 1-0 out scoring the opposition?

Maybe it has to be more goals than that? Say, 3-1? So we could never beat Man Utd or Citeh 3-1?

Or does it have to be more, iyo? Say, 6-3?

Nope, that could never happen!!

:mcinnes:

I think it is clear what I meant. Jesus

It is of course clear, but some people just want a fight. There was an old saying, something along the lines of 'attack wins you games, defence wins championships' that seems to stand true.

As already said, our success last year was built on a solid defence, which was fortunate since we looked unable to score in some games. How many times did we dominate possession and not score, or worse, lose?

But let's not get too upset at the moment, judge the team when the transfer window shuts. We all said we needed more attacking options, then we sold two attackers and lost JRod for a significant amount of time which made this more important. We're doing that, we still need to do more. But it doesn't mean we wont' strengthen defensively as well, we just haven't done so yet... there is still plenty of time.

Sorry but that's nonsense. Stop rewritting history, Rickie and lallana are proven Premier players. Rickie has scored goals at every level he's stepped up to as well as being our talisman and a leader. Adam had a great year and was one of the players of the season. We are entering the unknown , you can not say the nonsense you're saying as nobody knows. They may turn out to be better, but the only reason you think they are is because they've signed for us. As soon as we sign a left back, no doubt you'll declare him as good as Shaw.

You're acting like 2 players who couldn't make the 11 for a team that went out of the world cup are irreplacabe. Whereas the two best players from the league where most of the team who came 3rd play are not fit to lace their boots. Tadic looks to have better close ball control and vision than lallana, and pelle is a powerful and natural finisher... We've done well here so stop being negative. We still have shaw and Lambert's fees to sign a LB, CB and GK plus circa £30m of TV revenue money (that is a guess ofc) but based on those figures we'd have somewhere between £60-70m to buy Ings, Marshall, armero and a CB etc.

I really don't understand you're negative outlook. We have a great manager and 2 good promising signings. Worth noting as well that pelle replaces a guy we'd have had to get rid of next season anyway.

You're acting like 2 players who couldn't make the 11 for a team that went out of the world cup are irreplacabe. Whereas the two best players from the league where most of the team who came 3rd play are not fit to lace their boots. Tadic looks to have better close ball control and vision than lallana, and pelle is a powerful and natural finisher... We've done well here so stop being negative. We still have shaw and Lambert's fees to sign a LB, CB and GK plus circa £30m of TV revenue money (that is a guess ofc) but based on those figures we'd have somewhere between £60-70m to buy Ings, Marshall, armero and a CB etc.

I really don't understand you're negative outlook. We have a great manager and 2 good promising signings. Worth noting as well that pelle replaces a guy we'd have had to get rid of next season anyway.

He's not saying they're irreplaceable.

I'm happily confident about next season but Pelle and Tadic could go either way.

As Lord D says, you've decided they're better because they've signed for us. If they'd both signed for Hull I doubt you'd be on here proclaiming their top 8 credentials.

Where Holland finished in the WC is totally irrelevant, unless you think we should be plundering the Costa Rican leagues now.

Let's see how they go: they've got big shoes to fill and it is highly likely one of the two might be a failure.

Just watching his interview. Seems like a very down to earth chap. He also looks a bit like Morgan IMO. Getting 3 good years out of him and this could be money well spent. As he says he's tall, strong, can play with both feet and works for the team. A good Rickie replacement it seems.

You pay a premium for players in the Premier League because they have already proven themselves at the level required. The extra value that adds to their transfer fee is clear to see. You can buy players of equal talent for much less from abroad, but what you don't have that guarantee they can perform in the Premier League. Saints have sold three players who have proved themselves in the league we play in and replaced two of them thus far with players who play in a competition far inferior. That is not to say they won't adapt and be productive, but also that is not to say that they will. No-one knows. It's impossible.

We just have to hope that in addition to their talent Saints have managed to scout and assess their ability to adapt to our league - but I suspect they haven't because it's impossible.

I'm happily confident about next season but Pelle and Tadic could go either way.

As Lord D says, you've decided they're better because they've signed for us. If they'd both signed for Hull I doubt you'd be on here proclaiming their top 8 credentials.

Where Holland finished in the WC is totally irrelevant, unless you think we should be plundering the Costa Rican leagues now.

Let's see how they go: they've got big shoes to fill and it is highly likely one of the two might be a failure.

Costa Rica and Netherlands came joint third?

Missed that bit. :(

:uhoh:

????

unless you think we should be plundering the Costa Rican leagues now.

Personally, from what I saw of their performances in the World Cup against top opposition, I'd happily take the entire Costa Rica defence and their Goalkeeper. In my opinion it was the best defence collectively in the World Cup.

Personally, from what I saw of their performances in the World Cup against top opposition, I'd happily take the entire Costa Rica defence and their Goalkeeper. In my opinion it was the best defence collectively in the World Cup.

But you defend as a team. Much like us last season. It starts from the front

I think he was just asking you to justify why it was highly likely one of the two might be a failure.

Look at the words in bold, sweetheart. He's picked people up on poor wording before, which is all part of the frolics of the forum. Jolly good fun.

If you want a justification of why one might fail it is based on nothing more than transfers-in hit rate. Okay with you?

Look at the words in bold, sweetheart. He's picked people up on poor wording before, which is all part of the frolics of the forum. Jolly good fun.

If you want a justification of why one might fail it is based on nothing more than transfers-in hit rate. Okay with you?

Yup, I saw that too; after the fact, as it goes. Still, I very much appreciate you answering the question I thought you'd dodged. Confirms what the other post already suggested, that you write without thinking.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2471&teamTabs=transfers

Since the takeover, the highest profile turkey we've got is Osvaldo, Forren was a complete joke and Gazzaniga scares me shítless when he plays for us. Before that, maybe De Ridder and Jonno Quick? People knock Fox and Jos, etc - but they did the job they were brought into do at the level they were brought in to do it. They weren't bad signings at the time, just not great long term prospects for our rapid ascent up the leagues.

If you go around saying half of Saints transfers-in have been failures, it's highly likely that you might look a cock. The suggestion is ludicrous.

(Do the honours, ALWAYS_SFC)

Yup, I saw that too; after the fact, as it goes. Still, I very much appreciate you answering the question I thought you'd dodged. Confirms what the other post already suggested, that you write without thinking.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2471&teamTabs=transfers

Since the takeover, the highest profile turkey we've got is Osvaldo, Forren was a complete joke and Gazzaniga scares me shítless when he plays for us. Before that, maybe De Ridder and Jonno Quick? People knock Fox and Jos, etc - but they did the job they were brought into do at the level they were brought in to do it. They weren't bad signings at the time, just not great long term prospects for our rapid ascent up the leagues.

If you go around saying half of Saints transfers-in have been failures, it's highly likely that you might look a cock. The suggestion is ludicrous.

(Do the honours, ALWAYS_SFC)

well played. Also interesting link thanks.

....Hahaha......'joking with the medical team, pretty easy start, right?'......loving him already :lol:

From Soush-Hampton with Koeman to Sow-tamton with Pelle. Honestly, I ask you!?

Brilliant. Looks a great addition. Good sense of humour too. His name is pronounced Pella then. Just need a song.....

From Soush-Hampton with Koeman to Sow-tamton with Pelle. Honestly, I ask you!?

Brilliant. Looks a great addition. Good sense of humour too. His name is pronounced Pella then. Just need a song.....

Graziano, whoa..

He comes from Italy,

he ...

You know the rest, and you know it'll happen..

I think he was just asking you to justify why it was highly likely one of the two might be a failure.

I was asking how something can be highly likely and a might happen...surely both are a way apart..

It is good picking him up in particular on stupid comments as he spends most of his time attempting to belittle

others postings...I guess guess he doesn't like the same treatment...shame

This bit from Bohemian Rhapsody for when he wants to join Liverpool next summer:

Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?

Graz Pelle! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!)

Graz Pelle! We will not let you go. (Let him go!)

Graz Pelle! We will not let you go. (Let me go!)

Will not let you go. (Let me go!)

This bit from Bohemian Rhapsody for when he wants to join Liverpool next summer:

Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?

Graz Pelle! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!)

Graz Pelle! We will not let you go. (Let him go!)

Graz Pelle! We will not let you go. (Let me go!)

Will not let you go. (Let me go!)

Is this a collaborative effort where the Liverpool fans sing the parts in brackets? :lol:

I keep trying to think of a song but just end up with Pelle Pelle Pelle Pelle Pelle Chameleon (as in Culture Club) stuck in my head. Quite irritating TBH.

Edit: The best lyric I can come up with (I'm not saying it's good) is:

Pelle Pelle Pelle Pelle Pelle from Feyenoord

He's gone and scored

He's gone and scoooooooored

Edited by Lighthouse

This would be excellent, to the tune of Umbrella by Rihanna

When the sun shines, Saints shine together

Told you I'd be here forever

Said I'll always be a fan

Took an oath I'ma stick it out 'til the end

Now that it's raining more than ever

Know that we'll still have each other

Score a f*cking goal graziano Pella

Score a hat trick Mr Pella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)

Graziano Pella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)

Graziano Pella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)

Graziano Pella

(Ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

That is clearly the best chant anyone will be able to think of and i think everyone should sing it, unless he turns out to be crap and a bellend.

I may thought of another one, this one is even better. Using Parental Discretion is Advised by NWA, in particular the Eazy E bit:

Little did they know that Pella would be arriving

And then surprising, rocking it from where he's been

But it's Pella here to take no mistake

To be made in a trade where funky ass records are being played

**** the regular, yo, Pella get better, the

*****es wanna trick and go stupid for Pella

So Pella get 'em hot thinking they're gonna get it

As they sit, rubbing their legs like a cricket

To you it may be funny

But there's no type of some beef without money

So slip the C-note and you can choke

On a wind ding ding-a-ling down your throat

Foreplay to Pella ain't ****

When you spread them, he's ready, then you can get the ****

Of Pella, if you can deal wit the size

But if you can't, go to Liverpool

The end may need working on but i think its a goer

Listen hear from 3 mins 20 in

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7j6md_nwa-parental-discretion-is-advised_music

This would be excellent, to the tune of Umbrella by Rihanna

When the sun shines, Saints shine together

Told you I'd be here forever

Said I'll always be a fan

Took an oath I'ma stick it out 'til the end

Now that it's raining more than ever

Know that we'll still have each other

Score a f*cking goal graziano Pella

Score a hat trick Mr Pella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)

Graziano Pella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)

Graziano Pella

(Ella ella eh eh eh)

Graziano Pella

(Ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

That is clearly the best chant anyone will be able to think of and i think everyone should sing it, unless he turns out to be crap and a bellend.

That actually made me laugh out loud that bit!!

My initial song thought was Ella Ella Ella eh eh eh by Rihanna. Probably not as long as above, our fans can't manage more than 4 lines. Then I thought of kelis.

Before you

My whole life was Rickie Lambert

Now I see the need

Beyond my self to say

Now there's you,

Graziano acapella!

Now I see the need

Beyond my self to say....

(that lallanas a ****)