Saints sign 9

Give it to Ron

Must be inspiring for these lads to think if they work hard & keep their heads down they could go on to have a good career at Liverpool, Man Utd or one of our other fine English clubs

this, all over.

shaw is no doubt the poster boy for these players. :)

Must be inspiring for these lads to think if they work hard & keep their heads down they could go on to have a good career at Liverpool, Man Utd or one of our other fine English clubs

£270m in the bag to improve the team/club though.

Carel is decent but apparently a shocking finisher. The good news is he works extremely hard and carves most of the chances out himself. This batch of 16's aren't considered very strong. They had a large amount of 15's playing up with them last season. Joe Lea is the skate who was taking the **** out of Lallana on Twitter a couple of years back and nearly got released because of it. He's pretty useful too though apparently.

Seriously, full credit to these guys. They have earned their chance and are the reason so many people are taking notice of southampton these days. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. Following their development is undoubtedly one of the best things about following saints these days.

Jake Hallett looks stoned in his picture.[/Quote]

His choice of shirt/suit combo is absolutely horrific.

I seem to remember about January time Arsenal being linked with a 15 year old midfielder we had - anyone remember who it was? none of this lot's name seem to ring a bell

Callum Slattery?

Yeah Bearsy, not like you to be the cynic. Doesn't suit you! We like merry Bear.

I prefer block list bear makes him much more readable, if only people wouldn't quote his inane dross.

Good luck to the academy lads, the hard work starts now!

What a great memory it is for those lads, signing a scholarship with the beautiful backdrop of gasworks in the background. Will bring a tear to the eye.

I wonder if any of them have been told who on earth will be coaching or managing them next season :lol:

You poor children, not knowing what a gasworks looks like - it's a sand and gravel works, or similar, presumably dredged from the Solent. Would you prefer a salmon sandwich factory?

You poor children, not knowing what a gasworks looks like - it's a sand and gravel works, or similar, presumably dredged from the Solent. Would you prefer a salmon sandwich factory?

All I know is that if I'm signing a scholarship deal with a Premier League football club I'd wonder why on earth a better backdrop couldn't be found for my signing picture.

All I know is that if I'm signing a scholarship deal with a Premier League football club I'd wonder why on earth a better backdrop couldn't be found for my signing picture.

Do you think they should have taken them to Old Trafford or Anfield then? Or place a blown-up photo of palm trees behind them (or the more usual mass advertising feature for McDonald's, Coke etc.)?

Should be proud of Southampton's maritime/industrial heritage.

A headline I've been waiting years to see, good to see the club investing in youth.

I'm 41. ;)

If you're hinting at a prezzy , I'm sorry to say I was bluffing, You are never going to get that elephant (bit of a pompey promise on my behalf. soz).Can't believe we're the same age! I feel refreshingly immature,;).

• 2 years later...

I see Olumola got an assist in the U-23 game with a powerful run. With Gallagher out on loan now and Seager crocked, is there a chance he could be our attacking youngster to break through into the first team? Surely with the Checkatrade he'll get chances.

As per the OP article, I guess Alfie Jones has done best out of this lot.