Osvaldo

SO16_Saint

http://www.eyefootball.com/news/19467/Inter-Milan-chase-Southampton-man-Osvaldo.html

€4m....!! Maybe it is true, maybe not but if so, that's a shocking loss. Almost as bad as Man U will find with Fellaini.

But a loss we need to take, he's got to go at whatever cost. Would even consider a free with him. He will go down as our worst ever signing, even beating Ali Dia IMO (taking the utter expense into account).

mayuka

Edit: This is fact when cortese had idle moments he used to watch young boys on his television and sometimes even went to see young boys in the flesh in switzerland when he was on holiday + this is where he first saw mayuka

Must resist......comments.... Yewtree....Jake the Pe......

Cortese was a fan of Saville Row suits too, wasn't he?

http://www.eyefootball.com/news/19467/Inter-Milan-chase-Southampton-man-Osvaldo.html

€4m....!! Maybe it is true, maybe not but if so, that's a shocking loss. Almost as bad as Man U will find with Fellaini.

I honestly don't know what people were expecting. I saw people saying we'd get our money back for him...no chance. I'd take £1million in all honesty, just get rid.

I honestly don't know what people were expecting. I saw people saying we'd get our money back for him...no chance. I'd take £1million in all honesty, just get rid.

OK, he did badly at Juve, but he was until just prior to the WC still a member of the Italian team. Maybe €7-8m

OK, he did badly at Juve, but he was until just prior to the WC still a member of the Italian team. Maybe €7-8m

In the last 18 month's he has beaten up Eric Lamella, been forced out by Roma and their fans. Signed by us (for a stupid fee, it has to be said) and achieved diddly squat, before head butting Jose Fonte. Was shipped him out pretty sharpish to Juventus, where he continued to achieve diddly squat and had another reported falling out with their staff. On the back of that, he lost his place in the national side when they're not really full of top class strikers at this moment in time.

In terms of a career path, it's down hill. No one will really want to sign him, we will have to cut our losses in a big way and as said above - I'd even consider a free just to get rid of him. Anyone who takes him on now will be incredibly brave.

Jeff do you know what it was? Also, it should be noted that the exchange rate has moved in our favour by about by something like 8-10% so any future instalments will be cheaper.

I dont know exact amounts but I believe there were installments due every 10 games played, end of year bonus based on league position, qualification for Europa etc. Think we still paid around 9m upfront though

Read that Galatasary may be interested

I hope so Ron. The fact he has snubbed the new manager by not returning to pre-season is the final straw. I hope we are not paying his wages and I also hope Koeman makes some sort of hardline statement on Friday because frankly he is taking the pi ss. By my reckoning at present we are 3 forwards down (Lambert, Osvaldo and Rodriguez) from last season and this situation not being sorted is an unwelcome distraction.

I hope so Ron. The fact he has snubbed the new manager by not returning to pre-season is the final straw. I hope we are not paying his wages and I also hope Koeman makes some sort of hardline statement on Friday because frankly he is taking the pi ss. By my reckoning at present we are 3 forwards down (Lambert, Osvaldo and Rodriguez) from last season and this situation not being sorted is an unwelcome distraction.

You really think he was welcomed back by the club for preseason?

"Situation not being sorted"

You know that do you? I'm fairly sure that the management team know in what areas we need to strengthen and are working on it

In the last 18 month's he has beaten up Eric Lamella, been forced out by Roma and their fans. Signed by us (for a stupid fee, it has to be said) and achieved diddly squat, before head butting Jose Fonte. Was shipped him out pretty sharpish to Juventus, where he continued to achieve diddly squat and had another reported falling out with their staff. On the back of that, he lost his place in the national side when they're not really full of top class strikers at this moment in time.

In terms of a career path, it's down hill. No one will really want to sign him, we will have to cut our losses in a big way and as said above - I'd even consider a free just to get rid of him. Anyone who takes him on now will be incredibly brave.

Exactly this !

This perhaps was one of Poch's decisions that does not make him infallible eh!

"Situation not being sorted"

You know that do you? I'm fairly sure that the management team know in what areas we need to strengthen and are working on it

He's talking about the Osvaldo situation you muppet :lol:

erm, the actual quote, you muppet ( :) ) was

By my reckoning at present we are 3 forwards down (Lambert, Osvaldo and Rodriguez) from last season and this situation not being sorted is an unwelcome distraction.

So not exclusively talking about Osvaldo... but the forward line in general.... which as I said, I'm sure the management team are well aware of

erm, the actual quote, you muppet ( :) ) was

So not exclusively talking about Osvaldo... but the forward line in general.... which as I said, I'm sure the management team are well aware of

I was talking about the Osvaldo situation - it is an unwelcome distraction at what must a pretty hectic time for Reed/Koeman. We could do without it.

I'd like to see him come back and be given another chance, but we should be able to replace him with £15m transfer fee and still have change in our pocket.
The latter would be nice, but I doubt we would find anyone who would part with £15m for him. Even we were not that daft were we? I'd be amazed if we to even break even on it by recouping the approx £12.8 we paid (give or take - allowing for the exchange rate differences).

Osvaldo obviously thought he was bigger than Southampton... A part of me- despite his attitude, really wants him back because he does some talent...

But it is a shame really- we will have to get rid... He signed my shirt and gave me a signed picture of himself too lol- guess it shows how arrogant one is...

Anyone who got Osvaldo's name on the back of their shirt= MAJOR MAJOR Fail.

He used to smoke in the toilets before games, he's a bad influence all round.

And i heard that he sat at the back of the coach on travel to away games, put deep heat in Boruc's underpants before a game and used to fart and blame it on Shaw, who would get all embarrassed and cry (that's the real reason he wanted out so soon). And i heard that he put egg in Mr Cortese's jam sandwiches, which is why he left to go to another school.

Osvaldo = crap ,, Gaston = crap ,, Osvaldo is worth about £4M tops and Gaston about £6M-ish Both will not have a cat in hells chance of holding down a place under Koeman so we to get rid asap.... and move on. if we get more than £10M in total for both then that is realistic in my books.

Not really. Whether it was NC or MP, neither are here and we have yet to offload Osvaldo. So I can't see how this in any way can be seen as convenient.

Convenient for those who like to slate Cortese in everything he did, I mean.

Convenient that all the signings that haven't worked out are put down to Cortese, and all the signings that have worked out are down to the manager/transfer committee.

Osvaldo = crap ,, Gaston = crap ,, Osvaldo is worth about £4M tops and Gaston about £6M-ish Both will not have a cat in hells chance of holding down a place under Koeman so we to get rid asap.... and move on. if we get more than £10M in total for both then that is realistic in my books.

What do you think it is about Gaston that Koeman won't like?

Apologies for bumping this thread... did he actually turn up at Staplewood to train on his own this week as indicated or is he still out on a "sick note"?

He is not with the rest of the squad in Belgium, so 'sick-note' it is.

That wasnt the question. Koeman said he'd be training on his own at Staplewood. would be interesting to know if he showed.

Apparently not from what I was told today. The club have no idea where he is as he's not responding to them, they're having to go via the agent.

Personally I'd sack him for breach of contract and have done with it. Utterly horrendous human being.

Apparently not from what I was told today. The club have no idea where he is as he's not responding to them, they're having to go via the agent.

Personally I'd sack him for breach of contract and have done with it. Utterly horrendous human being.

Problem with that is that Saints say goodbye to any transfer fee.

I've said before, but players have far too much power.

Problem with that is that Saints say goodbye to any transfer fee.

I've said before, but players have far too much power.

Gone past caring about getting anything back for the ****. Just make sure he doesn't drain our wage bill any more is what I say.