Osvaldo

SO16_Saint

As much as he has been a complete pain in the ar$e since he joined, and before for that matter, he clearly has talent and ability.

I for one wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed, got his head down and put in some performances. It'll be like having a new £15M striker coming on board if Koeman can make it work.

not a popular viewpoint, i agree, but it could COULD just work.

I agree but unfortunately I also think it would end in disappointment again. Dani has had many chances at many different clubs now, ultimately all ending with him not performing and causing disruption. It's an expensive mistake but I fear a bigger mistake would be having him back amongst the squad.

Some managers (McMenemy was one, Strachan, too) had a talent for rehabilitating "bad boys" and getting them back on the straight and narrow.

As someone (above) pointed out Fonte (now 30) may a limited shelf life, and if/when he goes there will be few memories of that training ground "spat".

The question remains, will Koeman attempt to reform Dani?..... or ship him back to Italy for the first reasonable offer. It may be that a new playing formation may suit his style more and he'll stay on....

He surely does have talent, and (whatever anyone says).... I think his fantastic goal v. Man City was a good runner-up to Lalllana 's goal of the season.

Edited by david in sweden

I think he could still be an excellent striker somewhere, I'm just not sure we wouldn't be better off shipping him out and buying someone of equivalent or slightly lesser ability and without the attitude problems who won't already have an issue with a lot of the squad. The team ethic and contribution to our success can't be underestimated, committed players who play for each other are usually more successful than an equivalent team of individuals, and he's definitely one of those.

Maybe not making the World Cup was a humbling experience for him and he has a had a good hard look at himself. If he can accept that he is an employee of Southampton FC and can apologise for how he's been and try and get on with the rest of the squad (that's still here) I don't see why he can't integrate back in. Time is a healer after all.

This is a new broom now, sweeping clean. We have to start from fresh and, unless Koemann has personal experience of him, I should hope he'd want to look him over. All previous team ethos is gone and this may be a chance to rebuild.

It's wishful thinking, leopards don't lose their spots, Osvaldo's attitude is all wrong and has been at several clubs. Remember how Roma fans couldn't wait to get rid. We achieved something big by rehabilitating Puncheon but Osvaldo is different, a Suarez type but not as good. We are rebuilding and we don't want trouble makers in the midst of that.

Can I throw something into the mix.....

While he seems to be a MP signing (maybe it was NC???), we have been told that there was a clique that MP favoured. Could it be possible that Osvaldo wasn't part of the clique? I know that given that he was likely to be a MP signing it doesn't make sense, but something doesn't seem to quite add up.

No sign of him on the videos. Obviously not coming back.
A number of others aren't to be seen in the videos, such as your idol Billy Sharp. Not everyone is outside. Some players will be undergoing medicals inside. The Echo clearly says he will be there.

He might not see his future here but who;s playing his wages if he weren't to appear? Money talks!

A number of others aren't to be seen in the videos, such as your idol Billy Sharp. Not everyone is outside. Some players will be undergoing medicals inside. The Echo clearly says he will be there.

biily sharp is there

He might not see his future here but who;s playing his wages if he weren't to appear? Money talks!

No they don't - they are guessing as much as we are.

"Saints’ players report back for their first day under new boss Ronald Koeman with bad boy Dani Osvaldo expected to be amongst them."

He surely does have talent, and (whatever anyone says).... I think his fantastic goal v. Man City was a good runner-up to Lalllana 's goal of the season.

Independant of all the goings on with AL and DO etc, I think it was the goal of the season for us. Adz only got it because the club didn't want to give it to Dani IMO. It was an awesome goal, sheer class. Sort of thing you'd see from Bergkamp, or even Le God himself.