Other Team's Transfers

Beckenham Saint

Long, £12m, 4 year contract

Hernandez, £9.5m, 3 year contract.

Not sure it is an upgrade at all, and as pointed out, his goals per game is hardly better than Long's PREMIER LEAGUE one. I think it might be a case, like many people have already said, that people are being bamboozled by the overseas aspect of it

Long, £12m, 4 year contract

Hernandez, £9.5m, 3 year contract.

Not sure it is an upgrade at all, and as pointed out, his goals per game is hardly better than Long's PREMIER LEAGUE one. I think it might be a case, like many people have already said, that people are being bamboozled by the overseas aspect of it

It's a gamble for sure. Undoubted potential and international pedigree, but still has a lot to prove in Europe.

Palamero fans aren't exactly sad at losing him, put it that way.

Could work out, but based on history, the odds are against it.

I did for one. Ha. I just don't rate him at all. Not saying he is not good, but not as good as many people do. Everyone has their own opinions though.

also he really needs to play off another striker. Not too many playing two central strikers these days.

Falcao on £346,000 a week. £346k!!!!!!!!!!! F*****************ck me the footballing world is mad.

****s me off, but then we all feed into it with our sky subscriptions etc.

Its a disgusting amount of money really, the red tops show their moral outrage at the wages of bankers & MPs etc but footballers seem immune to it.

I wonder how long & how far it'll go before the public become so disillusioned with their pay that we stop putting our money into the sport

****s me off, but then we all feed into it with our sky subscriptions etc.....I wonder how long & how far it'll go before the public become so disillusioned with their pay that we stop putting our money into the sport

I've never put money into Sky sports. Now with BT Sport, internet streams and highlights programmes its even less 'essential' than before.

Edited by buctootim

Is this people online or in the real world? If the former have you got a link? I would really like to read.

Online. ;)

One sample:

Re: General Transfer Discussion Thread

last season we had adebayor sold ado and defoe up top now we have kane.

we've lost sigurdsson and holtby. we've replaced sandro with another foreign unproven player and likewise with dawson. granted we've signed davies, does he improve us? doubt it tbh. Overall i just see us as having a much weaker squad this season and with the extra games with europa think we are going to struggle big time.

Zeki Fryers gone. Anyone left? Shambles

With Sandro to QPR, our entire midfield from the CL days is gone... Modric, Parker, Hudd, VdV, Bale, Sandro #sad

Liverpool - Balotelli

Man Utd - Falcao/Di Maria

Chelsea - Costa/Fab

Arsenal - Sanchez/Wellbeck

Man City - Got enough already

We have lost considerable ground. People can say we have a new signing in Lamela but he gets picked off so often at PL pace. Looks so rushed in possession. Soldado's situation has worsened (didnt think that was possible - looks 3rd choice and now injured).

Poch continually hindering our main goal outlet last season (C.E.) by changing his position to right or center.

Loss of Sandro - how he cant command a place in front of what I saw Sunday I do not know. He was left out of the Liverpool games last season (was fit at the time).....clue?

Im worried. Abuse me if you want, but if you come back to this post in May and we are 4th or 5th I will be very surprised.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/6082-General-Transfer-Discussion-Thread/page73

Edited by S-Clarke

It's quite a funny read, that's for sure. Who'd have thought it? Spurs fans condemning MP and their club for a lack of signings, yet here we are, the club MP left behind, with a stronger squad than last year. Maybe a notch down on quality, maybe, but so much more depth than we had.

Board 1 - 0 Precious Individuals

Will keep an update on that score over the next 10 months.

It's quite a funny read, that's for sure. Who'd have thought it? Spurs fans condemning MP and their club for a lack of signings, yet here we are, the club MP left behind, with a stronger squad than last year. Maybe a notch down on quality, maybe, but so much more depth than we had.

Board 1 - 0 Precious Individuals

Will keep an update on that score over the next 10 months.

come on clarkey, there were a fair few times when you were scathing towards the board/club/ralph....

come on clarkey, there were a fair few times when you were scathing towards the board/club/ralph....

Of course there was, but not as much as plenty of others. It's very easy to get emotionally carried away with it, as all we saw were player after player going. The turning point for me personally was the appointment of Koeman.

I don't think any of us had a real idea about what was going to happen at the start and there was some criticism at the start, but I guess we all just needed to show a bit of patience and a bit of perspective. As the summer went on, it was clear that everything was actually fine.

A bit of crappy PR here and there which didn't help things (especially when we had no manager) but somehow the club have pulled out a last minute equaliser at the death on deadline day. Credit for that.

Lol @ Leeds. Talk about our media team for trolling the fans, Leeds win the day I think

Posted this tweet just before 11 last night:

Leeds United FC @LUFC · 15h

Don't go to bed just yet...there is still work to be done #DeadlineDay #lufc

Which was then followed about 30mins later by 2 tweets regarding them selling 2 of their players. :lol:

BREAKING: We can confirm that striker Dominic Poleon has signed for Oldham Athletic for an undisclosed fee & signs 2-year deal #lufc

CONFIRMED: Matt Smith completes move to Fulham for an undisclosed fee and signs a 3-year deal with the London club #lufc #DeadlineDay

Sgt Huxtable ‏@iHux 14h

.@LUFC YOU MADE US STAY UP TO TELL US PLAYERS ARE LEAVIING - DON'T YOU HAVE A CONSIENCE

and then they ended it with this:

After a busy last hour that is us done for the 2014 Summer Transfer Window #DeadlineDay #lufc

. ‏@DeanoBF 14h

@LUFC you ****ing joking me???

Reply Retweet Favorite More

Nadav Winehouse ‏@n4dav 14h

@LUFC **** you, **** off you ****ing ****s

Leeds All Over ‏@LeedsAllOver 14h

@LUFC What the ****

Shicket ‏@BenjiDixon17 14h

@LUFC You ******s

G ‏@AdamGeary1 14h

@LUFC get ****ed!!!

Good old Leeds. Never fail to bring a laugh.

Edited by S-Clarke

Celtic ended up with the guy who rejected them earlier in the day.

His father scored a late goal for Partizan Belgrade against Celtic in season 1989/90, after which Celtic was eliminated from European Cup Winners Cup. Ivan Golac ex-SFC player was Partizan Belgrade manager in that season.

That Leeds Press Office tweet is appalling! Another very unhappy club is Blackpool - did they actually sign anyone yesterday? I know there's the loan window to come but they are desperately short of players, owner and manager at loggerheads and terrible start.

In terms of the PL, I think Saints probably did as well from the window as they could with the very difficult hand dealt to them. Shaw was already out of the door it seems and appears Chambers had a clause which Arsenal were aware of. The captain seemed to be disrupting the whole fabric of the club and the talisman/legend got his dream move at the end of his career. Although I think we paid a bit too much for Long, otherwise I'm delighted with the activity and whilst we've lost a little quality and understanding, we have far more depth than last year and more pace.

Man U - no idea what the strategy is. Arsenal look short for a title challenge but have a feeling Wellbeck will surprise a few people and Theo to return from his ACL. Chelsea had the best window in the league and City bought well but didn't offload quite as much as they should - Richards and Rodwell left but Sinclair still there. Spurs as several posters have highlighted look light on strikers although MP's system is best suited to a single striker. However, Soldado can't perform that for them so they'd better hope Adebayor stays fit.

Hull did very well after Snodgrass's horror injury. West Ham bought quite nicely but a lot of their goal threat depends on their big money Ecuadorian hitting the ground running - and we know how difficult that can be! Monk did some very effective business at Swansea - not least Gomis on a free and keeping Bony. Expect them to finish top 10. Newcastle were so-so, lots of creativity but light up-front and lost a crowd favourite in Ben Arfa to Hull. Sunderland - did OK but Alvarez was the stand-out, should be 12-14th. Leicester made some sound buys, Ulloa has surprised me and Tom Lawrence was a gem of a buy from Man U last night. QPR have bought well enough to survive - although Harry is getting Hoddle to do most of his work for him - but would be concerned for Burnley. WBA - big influx of players and need a couple of quick wins so the fans don't turn on Irvine. Not sure he can combine them as effectively as Koeman might for us. Everton impressive though and should be top 6.

Hard to tell with Liverpool - impressive on Sunday but lack balance for me. Lovren has begun well and will become a real asset, Lambert is an impact player for them but could be a frustrating season for Lallana. Villa have started well but will struggle if they get any more than 2-3 injuries.