Other Team's Transfers

Beckenham Saint

Sky Italia correspondent Gianluca Di Marzio is reporting that Arsenal have made a bid for Borussia Dortmund's Greek defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

Great young player, hopefully that means Alderweireld is a no-go for them. Can we fight the glamour of Sunderland though? Probably not.

Great young player, hopefully that means Alderweireld is a no-go for them. Can we fight the glamour of Sunderland though? Probably not.

That's what I was hoping for. Charlie said on the other thread that Sunderland are apparently in for van Dijk... So maybe that puts them off the trail as well?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9444140/transfer-news-sunderland-boss-gus-poyet-confident-of-more-signings

Sky Italia correspondent Gianluca Di Marzio is reporting that Arsenal have made a bid for Borussia Dortmund's Greek defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

Talking about good young Centre backs, Kyriakos Papadopoulos has joined Bayer Leverkusen on loan from Schalke, so might be freeing up Philipp Wollscheid for a move?

On a side note I do find it strange why European clubs seem to be comfortable loaning and signing players to and from each other of them same sorta stature if you know what I mean. Like Kyriakos has been there main centre back for the last 2 seasons but then loan him to a rival?

They're going to make a fortune from people getting his name put on their shirts.

Never really got the second team thing myself. Its a bit like having a second wife isnt it?

Well, sometimes the idea of a second wife is appealing, just if one doesn't know about the other.

But 2 teams? In the same league? That's bizarre. You a young un Turkish? Seems to be something a PL Baby would do. (By PL Baby I mean anyone about 27 or younger).

The rules of Saintsweb:

1. Loans are bad for some reason

2. Every player we sign is overrated/not proven in the PL/payed too much for

3. Every player any other PL club sign is an amazing signing, and a bargain.

No attention will be PAID to spelling.

It looks like Aston Villa could face competition for Tom Cleverley after The Times reported Hull City have also offered £9million for the Manchester United midfielder. Arsenal and Everton are also reported to be interested, but would prefer to wait to see if Cleverley becomes a free agent at the end of the season.

Comments on the SSN piece are funny.

To whit: "Song wage is stupid, he's not worth even half of what he earns at barca, I think it's a ploy to show southampton we will go elsewhere"

Oh no Spurs will go elsewhere. Whatever shall we do?!?!

last I heard Liverpool are favourites to sign Song, probably stay at Barca in the end.

Apart from that I've just read that Sunderland are close to signing Alderweireld on loan, whether that's factual or not I just don't know but if it's not "realistic" for us how can it be for them.

Monday has the potential to be one of the most manic deadline days for a long time. Utd still have a bucket load of stuff to do, both in and out.

And hopefully, we'll have a bit of interest on deadline day for a change.

In fact Monday's action will no doubt be diminished by international calls-up. Most European nations have games next week, Thursday and Sunday seem to be the favourites and the training camps begin on Monday morning in most cases,early afternoon for those playing on Sunday perhaps. You can't be with your national team on Monday and somewhere else for a medical at the same time. Of course none of that will affrect second stringers I suppose. Take Redmond for example, with England U21s at St Georges from Sunday afty, think they're abroad for their first game so there's no way he's going to be anywhere concerning transfer affairs on Monday, it's today, tomorrow or Sunday morning or not at all for these players, unless of course all the admin etc has already been wrapped up and it's just down to fine print between clubs.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Monday has the potential to be one of the most manic deadline days for a long time. Utd still have a bucket load of stuff to do, both in and out.

I agree, and with Woodward in charge, there's no guarantee they'll get who they want either.

And hopefully, we'll have a bit of interest on deadline day for a change.

Hopefully not Brek Shea & more importantly, no nasty surprises in the Spurs hunt for Morgan.

I agree, and with Woodward in charge, there's no guarantee they'll get who they want either.

Hopefully not Brek Shea & more importantly, no nasty surprises in the Spurs hunt for Morgan.

No idea what Brek Shea is all about, probably just agent waffle. If it did happen, then we're clearly a club with no real idea what we're doing! So much for world-wide scouts...

In fact Monday's action will no doubt be diminished by international calls-up. Most European nations have games next week, Thursday and Sunday seem to be the favourites and the training camps begin on Monday morning in most cases,early afternoon for those playing on Sunday perhaps. You can't be with your national team on Monday and somewhere else for a medical at the same time. Of course none of that will affrect second stringers I suppose. Take Redmond for example, with England U21s at St Georges from Sunday afty, think they're abroad for their first game so there's no way he's going to be anywhere concerning transfer affairs on Monday, it's today, tomorrow or Sunday morning or not at all for these players, unless of course all the admin etc has already been wrapped up and it's just down to fine print between clubs.

I'm sure we'll see the international federations grant 'special' dispensation/leave for a few players on Monday, and there will be a few late arrivals in the squads. And it's only a friendly window, so I'm not sure the international federations will have a great deal of power in stopping multi million pound deals going through.

I'm sure we'll see the international federations grant 'special' dispensation/leave for a few players on Monday, and there will be a few late arrivals in the squads. And it's only a friendly window, so I'm not sure the international federations will have a great deal of power in stopping multi million pound deals going through.

Not for the U21s it isn't, it's qualifying games.

Sky sources understand that West Ham are in talks to sign Barcelona midfielder Alex Song. The former Arsenal man has also been linked with AC Milan and Liverpool of late.

I don't know how true it is, but I read he's available on a free? Probably huge wages but if he's free it'll be a coup for someone.