Other Team's Transfers

Beckenham Saint

That is, he's not off at £9m. Reckon £12m won't be enough but £15m might test their resolve but do Hull have that. People are critical of the fee paid for Long, but I guess we were prepared to pay a little over the odds, as there is not a great pool of players to choose from. I also said the fee should be judged by who Hull get as a replacement.

See West Brom have signed Varela, the Porto winger, on a season-long loan. A pretty decent move.

I don't know anything about him, but had he signed for us, it would have brought the obvious response of "no premiership experience".

Great signing IF he has the balls to drop Rooney or RVP. I think he's going to suffer from the Rooney problem, same as Moyes, and indeed England.

Mata is brilliant, really rate him, but he needs 2 decent CMs behind him, 1 striker in front and 2 wide players. They still need a top quality CM, maybe another wide player, but most of all, a very good CB and probably a RB. They've lost any real team identity, just a mess. But they could turn it round, for instance:

De Gea

Rafael New CB Rojo Shaw

Vidal Herrara

Valencia Mata Di Maria

RVP

Excellent balanced team with place and width potentially. But no, it'll be a random 3 at the back, trying to play Rooney off the striker, or 2 up front, or him wide or Mata wide. Good luck with that!

Pathetic line up showing all that is wrong with PL, but I guess some have done even worse by having no English players. Guess we all look for different things from football.

Pathetic line up showing all that is wrong with PL, but I guess some have done even worse by having no English players. Guess we all look for different things from football.

Great post - in two incisive sentences! IMHO very thoughtful, insightful and pertinent observations!

Carlton Cole lined up for a move to Bournemouth which is an interesting one.

Much worse than Pelle?

As you have no idea how good or bad Pelle is, it would be hard to say. Me, I'm happy with Pelle for the time being and couldn't believe the pathetic bed wetting from people about him. But that's you through and through, so why not **** off to B'mouith and watch Carlton Cole?

Carlton Cole lined up for a move to Bournemouth which is an interesting one.

Much worse than Pelle?

Almost definitely a lot worse than Pelle, but a great signing for Bournemouth. If Pelle only turns out to be as good as Carlton Cole we're talking a notch or two above worst case scenario and that is highly unlikely.

Almost definitely a lot worse than Pelle, but a great signing for Bournemouth. If Pelle only turns out to be as good as Carlton Cole we're talking a notch or two above worst case scenario and that is highly unlikely.

Cole has a better scoring record (in the top flight) than Shane long

Cole has a better scoring record (in the top flight) than Shane long

We know your stance, every player is better than what we have at saints, why do you bother with SFC

clear off and bore some others to death with your continual negative dross about everything Saints

You surely can`t like this club

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Steve Bruce has been frustrated in his attempts to sign Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes, so has the Hull City boss turned his attention to Serie A for attacking reinforcements? According to tuttomercatoweb.com, Palermo striker Abel Hernandez is flying to England ahead of completing a €12million (£9.5m) move after rejecting interest from Benfica.

The rules of Saintsweb:

1. Loans are bad for some reason

2. Every player we sign is overrated/not proven in the PL/payed too much for

3. Every player any other PL club sign is an amazing signing, and a bargain.

4. Every player we sell is an overrated traitor whom the board should have held onto at all costs.

Steve Bruce has been frustrated in his attempts to sign Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes, so has the Hull City boss turned his attention to Serie A for attacking reinforcements? According to tuttomercatoweb.com, Palermo striker Abel Hernandez is flying to England ahead of completing a €12million (£9.5m) move after rejecting interest from Benfica.

People said it was crazy fee for Long, but I said to judge the fee by the replacement Hull sign. Hernandez has scored 17 goals in 83 games in Serie A, which is 0.205 goals per game which is marginally better than 28 in 148 for Long (0.189 goals per game), so on paper, not an upgrade and when you take experience of this league into account, it could be a retrograde move, albeit with £2.5m in the bank.