Other Team's Transfers

Beckenham Saint

I agree, our transfer business is done. There's no way we'll sign anyone else now. 17th would be a cracking finish with the turd we have in our squad. :rolleyes:

Ok, sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm drunk and tired. Still even if those 4 you mention do better than us, that's still a 12th place finish, which for a transition season is fine by me.

Did I say that? I said I would be surprised if we finished above all of them, which would allow for just one of them to finish above us. In all fairness the rumours of players in have gone quiet once again. The squad is looking very thin, it was an issue last season, and is currently a much bigger issue.

Liverpool agree to sell striker Fabio Borini to Sunderland:

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/11661/9387114/transfer-news-liverpool-agree-to-sell-striker-fabio-borini-to-sunderland

(£14m?!)

John Percy @John__Percy

#thfc on the verge of signing Swansea defender Ben Davies for £10million #lfc #swans via @Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10977642/Tottenham-Hotspur-set-to-beat-Liverpool-to-the-10-million-signing-of-Swanseas-Ben-Davies.html

Yep same here, although upto 11 m tops would have been ok in today's market

£11m would be over the odds for a Striker who has only scored 28 goals in 106 first team appearances. Quite a few of the 10 he scored for Sunderland last year were penalties, IIRC, so doesn't suggest he has an amazing all round game. Would be gutted if we splashed £11m on someone like him. Think he would be a decent squad player, but not for double figures...

Everyone is always shocked at todays prices but those prices are the going rate now a days from Prem to Prem and Champ to Prem prices. The only way to get bargins is from Europe and beyond. And also fans are so obsessed with the values of players when its totally irrelivant.... saints for spend £100 mil on players who I dont rate or 10mil on players I do.

Apparently Liverhampton have agreed an £8.5 million fee for Remy... after selling Borini for £14 million. What the hell QPR. Are you just trolling everyone else? :lol: The world is crazy.

Sunderland paying 14mil for a player who Liverpool don't want or need is crazy. That's 2mil more than they paid for him.

Hmmm. If they'd take 10m I'd go for him. Good option in support like Rodriguez rather than main striker. Wonder why he rejected it, he was starting to play well there.

probably wants a better class of football, Italy maybe. Either that or actually believes he might get a game for Liverpool. Probably end up at West Ham.

Wanted to have a b!tch about this but didn't really know where.

Tosser utd fan at work today moaning to me about their entire defence having gone. F**k off mate. Seriously? Just get away from me. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Anyway, out my system now. As you were.

A back 4 of Rafael, De Vrij, Hummels, Shaw is a pretty tasty back 4 for them next season. They have nothing to worry about.

West Brom have signed Andre Wisdom on loan.

They started well with Lescott but have since signed Chris Baird and now Wisdom. I think they are definitely in for a long season!

There were reports of Lescott already being unhappy due to broken promises on transfer targets and the lack of progress they are making in signing high profile names. Another case of a club telling prospective signings whatever they want to hear to get them to sign on the dotted line?

West Brom have signed Andre Wisdom on loan.

They started well with Lescott but have since signed Chris Baird and now Wisdom. I think they are definitely in for a long season!

There were reports of Lescott already being unhappy due to broken promises on transfer targets and the lack of progress they are making in signing high profile names. Another case of a club telling prospective signings whatever they want to hear to get them to sign on the dotted line?

Been having a look on WBA forums, they're actually pretty happy with their transfer business, which is something after they were pretty much unanimously angry about Irvine being appointed. I do think they're in for a long season though, even going through what we have this summer, I still think Saints are in far better shape than some clubs in this division.

Stoke sign Bojan. One of Barcelona's up and coming youngsters in the mid naughties and now joined the Potters. Still youngish, could be a cracking signing if he settles well.

From the BBC.....spent last season on loan at Ajax scoring four times in 24 appearances for the Dutch club.

kind of interesting comparing Graziano Pelle's record in the same league.

A blast from the past...

Hull City are in talks with French side Rennes regarding a deal for Cameroon international defender Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik, Sky sources understand. The 25-year-old has made well over 100 appearances for his current employers during a four-year stay.

Been having a look on WBA forums, they're actually pretty happy with their transfer business, which is something after they were pretty much unanimously angry about Irvine being appointed. I do think they're in for a long season though, even going through what we have this summer, I still think Saints are in far better shape than some clubs in this division.

If we'd signed a new striker for 10m I think we'd be excited, ditto Lescott.

That said, both could easily flop, like Fulham ' s 10m Greek from January, and anyone we buy this summer. And it's hard to imagine their manager being anything other than an abject failure.

Edited by CB Fry

Chilean publication El Mercurio is reporting that Newcastle have reached an agreement with Juventus for Mauricio Isla. An £8million fee is said to have been agreed for the full-back, who will join on a four-year contract.

He was linked with us a few weeks back wasn't he? Very versatile player, can operate in a number of positions - namely right sided though. Probably not really a position we need to focus on, but N'castle are doing some good business for sure.

Arsenal sign Ospina on a 4 year deal

they are a top DM away from having a cracking transfer window

Total change of attitude there, actually going out and signing proven talent - rather than just young players. Will push them right back into contention.