• Cork
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Davis, S
    • Wanyama

Fantastic. The game was live on ViaSat in scandonavia. Great afternoon in the pub.

Think Ronald gave them another well needed pep talk at HT. It was looking like an awful goalless match at times, but with some patience and a great finish from Big Vic, we got there in the end.

Cork Morgan and Vic. What a midfield!

Great result. My only concern is trying to figure out why RK preferred to start with JWP rather than VW. Get the impression Vic isn't too happy about being a regular bench sitter, and he is a player sure to be looked at by bigger clubs. I am still struggling to see what the big deal is about JWP.

Great result. My only concern is trying to figure out why RK preferred to start with JWP rather than VW. Get the impression Vic isn't too happy about being a regular bench sitter, and he is a player sure to be looked at by bigger clubs. I am still struggling to see what the big deal is about JWP.

Cork, Morgan and Wanyama can all do a similar role. JWP perhaps offers more from freekicks and balls into the box. Cant see Cork, morgan and Victor playing successfully together so its 2 from 3. Morgan is clearly no.1 so wiil always be 1 from victor and Jack imho

Yoshida deserves a special mention for how well he has done this year. Hasn't been brilliant but has been great backup. Exactly what we need.

He seems to me to have stepped up a level. I've always rated him, but this season he is really hitting form.

Cork, Morgan and Wanyama can all do a similar role. JWP perhaps offers more from freekicks and balls into the box. Cant see Cork, morgan and Victor playing successfully together so its 2 from 3. Morgan is clearly no.1 so wiil always be 1 from victor and Jack imho

Fair enough - which probably means JWP is keeping Davis out of the side. From what I've seen Davis offers more in the way of assists and passes/crosses into attacking positions than JWP at this stage of their careers. I can only see dead ball delivery and corners as JWP's superior strength and we have Tadic

available for that. I still get the impression Ron is underestimating Big Vic who seems to be paying a price for an off night at Millwall and his muted goal celebration today does point to him being miffed.

Just indoors now.

I thought we were very poor 1st half, completely outplayed. We bossed the 2nd half, but was that because they were down to 10 men or were we doing what we've done at every away so far this season and came out and completely stepped up second half? I'm not sure.

Fair enough - which probably means JWP is keeping Davis out of the side. From what I've seen Davis offers more in the way of assists and passes/crosses into attacking positions than JWP at this stage of their careers. I can only see dead ball delivery and corners as JWP's superior strength and we have Tadic

available for that. I still get the impression Ron is underestimating Big Vic who seems to be paying a price for an off night at Millwall and his muted goal celebration today does point to him being miffed.

I thought that was a strange call, I don't see JWP ahead of our other midfield options. Poor choice from RK that.

On a secondary note, and one I'm probably out on my own on, but Tadic hasn't delivered enough for me, not to be considered at the level he's meant to be coming in at.

I thought that was a strange call, I don't see JWP ahead of our other midfield options. Poor choice from RK that.

On a secondary note, and one I'm probably out on my own on, but Tadic hasn't delivered enough for me, not to be considered at the level he's meant to be coming in at.

Don't understand your point of view there at all. Personally I think tadic has been excellent and one of our best players in virtually every game.

I agree with that bit...................

Agree with this. Technically Vic has improved considerably this year and remains a terrific destroyer in midfield. Why we don't play him in preference to Davis and JWP is beyond me. I'm sure Spiderman playing a more offensive role ahead of Cork and Vic would be our optimum midfield three.

Lousy links today, tried dozens but they all were poor? Maybe everyone thought the game worth watching even as neutrals.

Same here!! Missed a lot of the 1st half, luckily 2nd half was better, but had Saints Player commentary on s well, which was about 5 seconds ahead of streaming and meant I didn't miss anything!!

Yeah, you're out on your own on Tadic mate!

One of the biggest calls for me this summer was to replace Boruc with Forster. Nothing wrong with Boruc (apart from having a screw loose - sorry Irene) but for me Forster's presence really helps to stabilise our defence. Next England keeper???

Agree that Forster seems to have fitted in seamlessly. Credit to the lad.

Very lucky to win yesterday. Outplayed first half. The red card completely changed the game and even then it took us a while to make use of it in the 2nd half. We would have lost easily had Bony not been sent off. We also don't look as good going forward now, there's not as much link up between the forward players like there was between Lambert/Lallana on the edge of the area. We got it wide quickly instead and seemed to favour putting balls in, and the crossing was mostly sh*t I thought. Late on we had quite a few chances to use the ball better when they were pushing forward and really could have scored another couple. Sounds a bit negative but I'm not complaining, a good day out and a good win.

I missed Match of The Day last night - what was the conversation about Saints like? Was there an interview with Koeman? Anyone got a film clip?

Just said really impressed. And that Bony can have no complaints at all about being sent off

Lennon was signing wanyamas praises (as you would expect) and said he has the world at his feet and reminded us he in only 21

Very lucky to win yesterday. Outplayed first half. The red card completely changed the game and even then it took us a while to make use of it in the 2nd half. We would have lost easily had Bony not been sent off. We also don't look as good going forward now, there's not as much link up between the forward players like there was between Lambert/Lallana on the edge of the area. We got it wide quickly instead and seemed to favour putting balls in, and the crossing was mostly sh*t I thought. Late on we had quite a few chances to use the ball better when they were pushing forward and really could have scored another couple. Sounds a bit negative but I'm not complaining, a good day out and a good win.
That was my take on it as well mate, cracking three points for us to nick anyway.

That was my take on it as well mate, cracking three points for us to nick anyway.

Yep. We were not allowed to play at all in the first half and I feared the longer the game went on the more chances we would concede to Swansea. They were more physical than I thought they would be and perhaps this was a ploy to get at us. However, the Bony sending off kind of backfired on Monk a little if that was indeed a tactic.

We improved after half time and controlled the game far more intelligently without really carving them open, understandably so with the numerical advantage. IMO this was mainly due to Swansea settling for a point which surprised me even more. That said, when you see how many chances we had after we scored and Swansea threw caution to the wind... perhaps Monk had it spot on. He showed us a lot of respect in that second half by trying to manage the game into a goalless draw.

When all said and done though we won a game we had no right to win arguably. The ref was a bit inconsistent especially for the home team so I am very happy with the 3 pts from a tough away fixture.